GT 6 pre-orders very low

• Thread starter bigspleen
  • 539 comments
Being a launch title wasn't the only factor there. Resistance 1 sold the most in the series mainly because two was crap other than the co-op. 3 is a good game but people had given up on the series. Are we supposed to use the Resistance series to gauge future sales of all titles because I think that's a little ridiculous.

That's your own opinion. Not a fact by any means. I do think Resistance 2 was way way better than 1.

Ok Real Racing three is one modern racing game. Forza 4 isnt any better , Forza horizon is barely any better than GT5

I haven't played forza horizon but I heavily disagree with f4 being as bad as gt5. I really liked the ai in forza 4, it was aggressive but it fought for the position and drove more like something that did care about winning. But it was fast and competitive ai unlike the gt5 which is just a joke in comparison imho.

Real racing 3 is a game for tablets and smartphones...

The only reason GT5 AI seem competitive sometimes is because you never start in the front and no standing starts. If that would be the case, you'd probably pass them on the first lap and just run away.. Instead you start from the back and when you've made it to second, first is always waaaaay ahead. The chase the reach the leader in time can be challenging. But the challenge is not provided by great AI but by the weird race scenarios.

F1 has better AI, Dirt has better AI, Forza has better AI (altough a bit aggressive at times), i think NFS also has more challenging AI so from all the console racing games i tried the last years every single one of them provided me with more of a challenge than GT's.
Try GT PSP.

The only reason GT5 AI seem competitive sometimes is because you never start in the front and no standing starts. If that would be the case, you'd probably pass them on the first lap and just run away.. Instead you start from the back and when you've made it to second, first is always waaaaay ahead. The chase the reach the leader in time can be challenging. But the challenge is not provided by great AI but by the weird race scenarios.

I guess you talk about the seasonals, yeah, thats a different story, but in arcade mode theres no 1st AI guy miles ahead! Like i wrote before, when you drive like you would in real life its a quite challenge!

Looking at the pre-order charts, gt6 is scary low. Sony will end up regretting putting this on PS3, people wanted to see a marked improvement from GT5, but simply are not seeing it with gt5. Sony would have been better off letting PD take 1-2 years and really put out a killer next gen racer. instead, people are just seeing it as what it is, what GT5 should have been, which is not good enough.

Sales of G6 will be by far the lowest in the series history. What was sony and PD thinking? They cannot do anymore with the PS3.

Digital downloads will rip this theory to shreds

No, it's not. I've had students in a Mazada 3 out run a Lambo on track. Power points has nothing to do with difficulty. So when AI takes a 90MPH corner at 20MPH it makes no difference what their PP is.

Edit : It was an Audi R8 not a lambo
That's a pretty big exaggeration.

No, it's not. I've had students in a Mazada 3 out run a Lambo on track. Power points has nothing to do with difficulty. So when AI takes a 90MPH corner at 20MPH it makes no difference what their PP is.

Edit : It was an Audi R8 not a lambo

Wait, you teach Gran Turismo? Which school or college has a course in GT?

I do think Resistance 2 was way way better than 1.

H5xHX.gif

Forza 4's ai was abysmal and had the worst rubber-banding this side of Motorstorm.
Forza 4 is okay, sort of, but the random violence that comes from them is annoying as heck. It drove me, literally, back to GT5 a few months ago and I've been having fun with it as I've had the time to.

I really think caterwauling about it is a little premature in the face of a few impressions of the GT6 bots in later races, especially as reported by our own site owner Jordan. He reported they were nicely improved and fairly challenging.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-hands-on/

Just wanted to ask what exactly your problem with the AI in GT5 is?

In my opinion the AI in GT5 is driving too "realistic" which makes them a bit too slow for us - With that I mean the AI takes corners slower than the usual player because they "fear" about going off the track and crashing into other cars, more like drivers do in real life than players do in video games.

The kind of real life drivers who drive that way are bad ones. When I'm driving on a track, if I'm not driving within about six inches of the edge of the track, then I know I need to push the car harder.

And that is different from track to track, on some they are really quite slow and on other they are pretty fast.

They are universally very slow on medium-high speed turns.

In my opinion the AI in GT5 is one of the best in this genre. For example, when you overtake someone in a long and corner, he is nearby you and you steer a bit in his direction because you are a bit too fast for that corner he notices that and avoides contact with you even by going slighty off track.

I've never observed that level of situational awareness in the GT5 AI. They frequently turn in on me when I outbrake them into a turn.

Looking at the pre-order charts, gt6 is scary low. Sony will end up regretting putting this on PS3, people wanted to see a marked improvement from GT5, but simply are not seeing it with gt5. Sony would have been better off letting PD take 1-2 years and really put out a killer next gen racer. instead, people are just seeing it as what it is, what GT5 should have been, which is not good enough.

Sales of G6 will be by far the lowest in the series history. What was sony and PD thinking? They cannot do anymore with the PS3.

There are over 75 million PS3's sold/out in the wide. I'm not sure about the game selling the most in the franchise's history, but it will sell well.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41595/USA/
As already posted GT6 up to place 9 in NA, added 35,000, and sits at 132,000 preorders.

After next weeks releases GT6 could be the #1 or #2 preordered game depending on how much it outpaces Watch Dogs PS4 by.

Side note: 253 people went ahead and reserved The Last Guardian. :lol: I'm holding out hope too but I'm not willing to fork over $5 for a game we've seen nothing from for 3+ years.

Wait, you teach Gran Turismo? Which school or college has a course in GT?
Brisbane school of research mate, check my profile before asking silly questions.
That's a pretty big exaggeration.
It would be an exaggeration if it were falsified in any sense. But it's not, would you like something that registers in your frame of reference better? Ok, when new students come through racing school (in real life @jimipitbull ) we'll stick them in Formula fords (all with the same power to weight ratio, <- this is analogues to the PP in GT) and when you have people of varying skill levels you get people with slower lap times in exactly the same powered car. Hence the pp is not automatically a difficulty leveling system. It could be among the same skill set of drivers, but that's where the initial problem arises from that started the question.
It was not an attack on you, please don't take it as such and accuse someone of exaggerating. Plus the difference in cornering speeds in game between myself and the AI are scary and in the high speed corners anyone in these forums can easily replicate a large MHP difference when racing against AI with similar PP.

tumblr_mi4os7ra6d1rgptc3o1_400.gif

Last edited:
GT6 added nearly 73K pre-orders in the newest update on VGChartz! That puts the game at 205,443 pre-orders or just over 2/3 the pre-orders GT5 had and GT5 was on the pre-order chart for over a year!
👍👍

I'm seriously laughing at the OP and his thread right now. Really I am, do I need to show a smilely how I feel? :lol::lol::lol: You don't see him anywhere on GTP anymore, because he knew he will be wrong in the first place.

👍👍

I'm seriously laughing at the OP and his thread right now. Really I am, do I need to show a smilely how I feel? :lol::lol::lol: You don't see him anywhere on GTP anymore, because he knew he will be wrong in the first place.

A quick user post search shows he's still active. So there's that.

Are GT6's pre-orders higher than GT5's? No? That would make them what in comparison to 5's, then? Lower. So the thread title is certainly still accurate.

Back