GT 6 pre-orders very low

• Thread starter bigspleen
  • 539 comments
A quick user post search shows he's still active. So there's that.
Of course. You thought I meant he got banned? No. ;)

Are GT6's pre-orders higher than GT5's? No? That would make them what in comparison to 5's, then? Lower. So the thread title is certainly still accurate.
Despite that Slip, at least GT6 is doing pretty well so far IMO.

I wonder how many from the world did preorder the game hmmmmmmm.
Me too. :)

I think still, Europe is the biggest market for PD :) The reason why are they low, is because everyone is addicted to another new games or have used their money on PS4. ;)

Edit: They do well, PD will change GT's way maybe soon (serious game), who knows how many preordered it in Europe? :embarrassed:
Edit 2: By low, I meant a comparision to GT5's preorders.

Last edited:
Of course. You thought I meant he got banned? No. ;)

You said you don't see him anywhere. I point out he's still certainly active. Perhaps better wording would get what you actually mean across.

Despite that Slip, at least GT6 is doing pretty well so far IMO.

That's fine; by all regular game measurements, it is. By comparison to the GT series, specifically GT5, it isn't. 2/3rds of that title's total less than two weeks from release? Yes, it is still low - and despite your previous post, nope, the OP isn't wrong.

You said you don't see him anywhere. I point out he's still certainly active. Perhaps better wording would get what you actually mean across.
Yeah I got it wrong. I actually meant in this thread.

That's fine; by all regular game measurements, it is. By comparison to the GT series, specifically GT5, it isn't. 2/3rds of that title's total less than two weeks from release? Yes, it is still low - and despite your previous post, nope, the OP isn't wrong.
Well Slip, I'm not sure why you're assuming GT6 will have low sales when it's in fact only the USA pre-orders listed I've found... So yep, the OP is wrong

As I said, there's still Europe being the biggest. I will see also big sells in Europe, rather than in USA maybe. Japan also counts with and there's so many people in Japan, especially in Tokyo. :dopey:

Alright, I've been out of this thread for a while, what's the basic summary of "low" pre-orders now?
I think it's because GT5's preorders was higher in USA that time than GT6's now even if it's 1st. But we don't know yet about the rest of the world. (That's what I heard now. :embarrassed:) (I luv smilies)

... in the USA alone.
Well Slip, I'm not sure why you're assuming GT6 will have low sales when it's in fact only the USA pre-orders listed I've found... So yep, the OP is wrong

It's 120,000-odd off of GT5's USA number the week before it's release, according to the source everybody likes to use:
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40503/USA/

So yes, it is quite low compared to GT5, and if one wants to take that as representative of what the sales will end up being, that would just be guessing. It's not exactly a big leap, however; GT's 2 and 4 both sold less than their previous installments on the same systems. I don't see the downward trend changing, quite honestly.

I suppose there was never any clarification about if the OP meant in general, or in relation to the GT series, I'll give you that. Of course, it still ignores the bigger mystery; why is VGChartz an acceptable source for pre-order numbers?

It's 120,000-odd off of GT5's USA number the week before it's release, according to the source everybody likes to use:
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40503/USA/
There must be a reason for that. Was GT5 not delayed many times way back is why the pre-order sales were high? And than there's the PS4.

why is VGChartz an acceptable source for pre-order numbers?
Where else can we find the source for GT6's pre-orders sales? Do you know a place?

Last edited:
I actually think GT6 pre-order numbers are picking up quite nicely. Think of the loooong gap between GT4 & GT5, there was massive buildup and hype with GT5 (more-so than with GT6, despite all the news and marketing taking place now). GT6 also had to 'share' the limelight with the next-gen console releases.

There must be a reason for that. Was GT5 not delayed many times way back is why the pre-order sales were high? And than there's the PS4.

There could be plenty of reasons. It could be that GT5 had a lot pre-order time, yes (though that was a reason a few people I know actually cancelled theirs). GT6's low take could be a sign of GT5 disappointing folks. There's literally dozens of reasons that might (or partly) explain GT6's pre-orders versus GT5's. But the fact is: it's still lower.

And the PS4 being a reason could also be a very good reason the game will sell significantly less than GT5, if it does.

Where else can we find the source for GT6's pre-orders sales? Do you know a place?

My point is more about how quickly VGChartz gets dismissed as inaccurate when it comes to GT sales, but is meant to be taken with any sort of weight here, in discussions of pre-orders.

Website, please.
tumblr_lo1hgvVQ4d1qj73e2o1_500.gif

There could be plenty of reasons. It could be that GT5 had a lot pre-order time, yes (though that was a reason a few people I know actually cancelled theirs). GT6's low take could be a sign of GT5 disappointing folks. There's literally dozens of reasons that might (or partly) explain GT6's pre-orders versus GT5's. But the fact is: it's still lower.

And the PS4 being a reason could also be a very good reason the game will sell significantly less than GT5, if it does.
Oh I don't disagree with you on the disappointment GT5 cost and PS4 stepping in. Since the pre-order sales are based from USA, I'll like to also see Europe and Asia as well just to be sure how GT6 will do. Although, the USA pre-order sales for GT6 really isn't all that bad.

My point is more about how quickly VGChartz gets dismissed as inaccurate when it comes to GT sales, but is meant to be taken with any sort of weight here, in discussions of pre-orders.
I will love to find another site that's more accurate, bad sadly I don't know any.

The only thing I would point out is that week over week preorder have just about doubled each of the past 3 weeks (17,000-35,000-70,000). If that trend holds somewhat true than GT6 should have around 300,000 US preorders by next week and maybe 400,000 by release day. Possible when you consider that TV advertising will probably begin soon in the US if it hasn't already. That's a lot of speculation though.

Here are a couple GT5 stats-(source- VGChartz, USA preorders only)

Week of October 30th, 2010(1 week before the "announced" release date)- 281,000
Week of November 20th, 2010(4 days before actual release day)- 325,000

That was 6 years after the last GT was released (not counting GT5P). Fans are anxious, to say the least. And it wasn't released 3 weeks after a brand new console.

GT6 Preorders, USA only
Week of November 23rd, 2013(2 weeks before launch)- 205,000. With 73k preorders put in over the past week.
Suppose that another 70K preorders are put in over this week- that's 275k USA preorders, only 6K less than GT5's. Which is very reasonable, because the previos week had 35k. That's more than a 200% increase... and in GT5's case, preorders slowed down leading up to release.

So now you're not claiming to be a 'former formula driver'?!

p.s. check your definitions; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm.

UHHH what are you?? I'll give you this once.
Please read slow so I don't have to respond again.

I made a post about teaching drivers. One member thought he would be funny and excitedly asked where I went to school and taught GT5, insinuating that I teach on gran turismo (ridiculous I know). I saw that he was from Brisbane, so when I made my response I included sarcasm by way of making fun of his lack of intellectual fortitude and location. Basically saying he should do some research 1st before making a fool of oneself. Stanley Kubrick would call it a double narrative.
Don't jump into other conversations and try to sound cool, it didn't work for the other guy and didn't for you.
After a few post with the other guy I now have a bit of respect for him, you on the other hand should get back to the topic and stop looking for a fight.

Pachter is the thread starter.
http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/11/05/pachter-gt5-delay-will-cost-sony-dear/

Sources and facts (not speculations) are the people who disagree (and not completely) with the thread starter.
http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo-5-ce-pre-orders-witness-a-good-boost-post-delay
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...es-skyrocket-after-solid-release-date-reveal/

Those were after GT5 got delayed from November 2nd to an unknown date. So what does that say about GT6 that it doesn't really trail GT5 all that far behind (while a ton of cynics were saying that GT5 wouldn't sell well and be the worst-selling GT in the series even though it may very well become the 2nd highest selling in the series)? It looks like it's a similar situation with GT6, except the exposure and news about this GT game is a lot better. So, that means we'll see a drop in GT6's sales???? ??? ??

And let's not forget that GT5 was sold three years ago. GT6 will be sold after a number of people have traded in their "last-gen" consoles to buy the PS4. 👍

But look at the other titles in contention, compare it to a week like this:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41511/USA/
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)

12 weeks before release / 221,710

All those other games before this weren't exclusives. Was the Pokemon game an exclusive? Either way, that says a lot about people switching over to the PS4 and the downside that is to GT6's sales.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to say exposure in the sense of the hype that GT5 received being the first GT game on the PS3 and the negative publicity it received which was worse. With GT6, the "exposure" and news is better/beneficial to the game's build-up and isn't the, "six years making this game and this is all they did? Standards? Where are all the events? HALF-ASSED!!!", type of response that GT5 got.

Leaving this thread open with no reason just for the bad vibes could turn against all the people that defended the topic argument once the real sale-numbers will officially released and vgchartz will adjust their provisional actual numbers (imaginary) to match some reality. That is how it works vgchartz and because is not used in serious circles, even less to predict the future.

I just hope that the thread don't get closed if the negative turns into positive. :D

I made a post about teaching drivers. One member thought he would be funny and excitedly asked where I went to school and taught GT5, insinuating that I teach on gran turismo (ridiculous I know). I saw that he was from Brisbane, so when I made my response I included sarcasm by way of making fun of his lack of intellectual fortitude and location. Basically saying he should do some research 1st before making a fool of oneself. Stanley Kubrick would call it a double narrative.
Don't jump into other conversations and try to sound cool, it didn't work for the other guy and didn't for you.
After a few post with the other guy I now have a bit of respect for him, you on the other hand should get back to the topic and stop looking for a fight.

No, it's not. I've had students in a Mazada 3 out run a Lambo on track. Power points has nothing to do with difficulty. So when AI takes a 90MPH corner at 20MPH it makes no difference what their PP is.

Edit : It was an Audi R8 not a lambo
Confusion. Right?

You say students outrunning an R8, then mention Performance Points (PP) and AI. You're the one with the attitude after first making a very unstructured post.
Please read slow so I don't have to respond again. :rolleyes:

It actually isn't far-fetched to think that driving instructors use driving simulators to help their "drivers" learn to race. Even with GT5, it can be a tool to help "drivers" learn racing techniques.

Last edited:
Confusion. Right?

You say students outrunning an R8, then mention Performance Points (PP) and AI. You're the one with the attitude after first making a very unstructured post.
Please read slow so I don't have to respond again. :rolleyes:

It actually isn't far-fetched to think that driving instructors use driving simulators to help their "drivers" learn to race. Even with GT5, it can be a tool to help "drivers" learn racing techniques.
Yup, a conversation taken out of context will probably not make sense.

[/double narrative] We wont apologise for lacking a sense of humour, and your understanding of sarcasm still leaves a lot to be desired. [;)]

Last edited:
I think an important factor is also that PD was quite incommunicative in case of GT6 for a fairly long time, at least compared to GT5.

Many people surely were or probably still are too unsure about what's really going to happen or what they're going to get with GT6.

Back