GT Academy July 2013!!

One of the great things with Academy is feeling the tension one the few last corners when you're ahead of your ghost. There only few things that'll bring your pulse high that fast :P

Being ahead of your ghost by 3-4 tenths, then getting the last few corners slightly wrong and seeing your ghost closing in on you and eventually overtaking.

That feeling... not fun :lol:

Scratch that, just did a 2:16.807 :D

Nice time mate :)!

I've actually had a couple of goes today which is nice for a change! There's a possibility if you nail the entire sector that in sector 1 you can get a .3xx! Last sector there's time to so won't be suprised if Ti-tech goes into .4's soon!

Personally got into the .4's today in that first sector finally lol! Still time there which is cool, as for my total lap I've redlined a 16.9, and a ton of 17.2's literally unlucky red ones as well, but another .346 which is a slightly improvement from earlier on. The lap before that as I just continued was a .371 :D! Another go later should hopefully prove worthwhile!

Nice time mate :)!

I've actually had a couple of goes today which is nice for a change! There's a possibility if you nail the entire sector that in sector 1 you can get a .3xx! Last sector there's time to so won't be suprised if Ti-tech goes into .4's soon!

Personally got into the .4's today in that first sector finally lol! Still time there which is cool, as for my total lap I've redlined a 16.9, and a ton of 17.2's literally unlucky red ones as well, but another .346 which is a slightly improvement from earlier on. The lap before that as I just continued was a .371 :D! Another go later should hopefully prove worthwhile!

Great time, keep at it đź‘Ť My theoretical best atm is a low 2:16.6, hoping to be in the 2:16.7's soon but I might give it a rest for today :)

Last edited:
Well done for edging me again Spurgy :ouch:
Haven't been able to have a go since I set my time earlier as we have quests round.
I think I need to have a look at my approach to the first sector if Tidgney says a .3 is possible! :crazy:

Haven't been able to have a go since I set my time earlier as we have quests round.
I think I need to have a look at my approach to the first sector if Tidgney says a .3 is possible! :crazy:

I try my best :P
And I personally don't see how a 37.3 in S1 is possible, my fastest is a 37.529 and it's quite a rare occasion for me to get into 37.5s.

Hi all,

My friend is first in Sweden in the online ranking. Today he visited the live event and came first there. My question; will he qualify through online or the live event to the national final?

Personally it would be good for me if he qualified through the live event as that increases my chance to qualify to the national final :)

I try my best :P
And I personally don't see how a 37.3 in S1 is possible, my fastest is a 37.529 and it's quite a rare occasion for me to get into 37.5s.

I've been a car length ahead of Ti-tech going into the loop. There's a bit of time in Abbey/Farm and most of the time is in Village. As I said I've been a head by a car length (Ghost appearing in mirror). But the most I've gained there, is being behind and catching going into loop equal no problem (Without a stupidly wide exit). But as you know it's easier to catch something than to be ahead as if I am behind I can use Ti-techs ghost on village as a really good reference for the slide needed. Zkippe does it quite well from what I've seen and it's how I approach it (Except I switch to second and back to third) you can check that out in Eddies reference lap, but I get this slide on similar to the Loop but I can actually accelerate in 3rd before I even hit the apex, just gains that bit more time.

That time gained there wouldn't effect the loop, it's just even harder to nail the loop, so when I say a .3 is possible I mean as an absolute perfect sector 1. But it's definitely there don't get me wrong. I don't think I'll nail it as getting the loop spot on is incredibly difficult :P and I'd rather focus my time elsewhere on the track!

Out of curiosity what wheel are the top guys using? I know it probably doesn't make a difference but I'm just curious.

I use a G27 :), I have a DFGT and my G25 is broken but I'm making a display with my old wheels and playstation stuff :P!

Interesting read Tidgney đź‘Ť I will definitely try out a different approach :)
Tomorrow we are having a barbecue at our house and I've set up my old DFGT for other people to have a go at it, my friend is bringing another PS3 along, should be good fun :D

Is anyone selling out their wheels :lol: ?
I just tried a G27 at the mall and the feeling of it was astonishing :eek: It was attached to a superleague formula simulation thing, the force feedback was something I've never felt before :D
The thought of stealing it passed by my mind but i saw a security guard next to me :( I can say I fell in love with it :indiff::indiff:

I'd be lucky to even get a 37.7 in Sector 1! I think I've lost the magic I had before. I just can't keep up anymore. :(

I'd be lucky to even get a 37.7 in Sector 1! I think I've lost the magic I had before. I just can't keep up anymore. :(

May just be an off day doodle, come back tomorrow and you'll pick up again!

Update from me I lowered my .3 down again lol. Was annoying I redlined a .0 this evening well it was actually just from to much kerbing from the lap before but was quite happy to just keep the rhythm going.. Anyway was slightly gutted by the end of the lap again lol! My sectors really are coming together now so my target is definitely in sight đź‘Ť

Has anyone else had the game freeze as you go over the finish line, just like GT5?

Got a PB and all I can do is switch the machine off and lose it. :(

Has anyone else had the game freeze as you go over the finish line, just like GT5?

I've not had that :(, I assume it's the same issue as GT5 with a ghost related problem? Or are you following a different ghost each time :S?

I've not had that :(, I assume it's the same issue as GT5 with a ghost related problem? Or are you following a different ghost each time :S?

Aye, it froze just like GT5

Just to keep me on my toes I use a slower ghost from my replay saves.

It did that to me about a week ago. Thought it was because my PS3 was overheating.

The game freeze at the finish line has happened to me twice so far. Luckily not on personal best laps, but still annoying.

Hi all,

My friend is first in Sweden in the online ranking. Today he visited the live event and came first there. My question; will he qualify through online or the live event to the national final?

Personally it would be good for me if he qualified through the live event as that increases my chance to qualify to the national final :)

Hey Mate,

I'm pretty sure he will now qualify through the live event rather than the qualifier but I'd send him a message to make sure. I think that's what they said about last years T&C anyway.

Hey Mate,

I'm pretty sure he will now qualify through the live event rather than the qualifier but I'd send him a message to make sure. I think that's what they said about last years T&C anyway.

I talked with him last night and he didn't know, he even asked the people who worked for nissan gt academy and they didn't know either.

What is T&C btw?

I talked with him last night and he didn't know, he even asked the people who worked for nissan gt academy and they didn't know either.

What is T&C btw?

Terms and Conditions :)! Last year from what I remember in the conditions it said something like (For the UK anyway): 'If a competitor qualifies with both live event and qualifier the live event takes priority and the next available participant will then qualify from the online event'. Not that exact quote but it was something along those lines. It's alot less hassle to go finding people from a live event than a qualifier. But don't quote me on this years rules, your best pm'ing their facebook page or (I assume it's hager?) hager should be contacted pretty soon?

I've jumped upto 3rd in the UK now... After a string of red laps yesterday I did a .302 this morning (Typical to stay in the 3's lol...) then a .2xx but my first sectors have been a shambles and on that .302 I was 5 tenths off my best ever sector 2 so will see what I can do later :D!

Last edited:
Terms and Conditions :)! Last year from what I remember in the conditions it said something like (For the UK anyway): 'If a competitor qualifies with both live event and qualifier the live event takes priority and the next available participant will then qualify from the online event'. Not that exact quote but it was something along those lines. It's alot less hassle to go finding people from a live event than a qualifier. But don't quote me on this years rules, your best pm'ing their facebook page or (I assume it's hager?) hager should be contacted pretty soon?

I've jumped upto 3rd in the UK now... After a string of red laps yesterday I did a .302 this morning (Typical to stay in the 3's lol...) then a .2xx but my first sectors have been a shambles and on that .302 I was 5 tenths off my best ever sector 2 so will see what I can do later :D!

I've now read through the whole page on the gran turismo website about terms and conditions but couldn't find anything about it. I'll try their facebook page now :)

Yes it is hager.

I've got a DFGT, I think Bandit has a G27, I don't know about anyone else but they're the main wheels people use :)

Hey Spurgy, you're doing pretty impressive in it this year. Keep up the good work!

6th worldwide according to mine, best in UK.

Notice a few others of you now I'm looking again.

GTP having a good showing!!

Anyone above 6th from GTP?

Hey Spurgy, you're doing pretty impressive in it this year. Keep up the good work!

6th worldwide according to mine, best in UK.

Notice a few others of you now I'm looking again.

GTP having a good showing!!

Anyone above 6th from GTP?

Thanks! Still got some more time to gain so hopefully I can stay up there đź‘Ť

I don't think there's currently a higher placed WRS member, but IMMORTALPILOT is on GTPlanet.

Pretty much my guess as well, I think someone said somewhere that REsuper is in the IRacing World Championship or something, but that's all I know. :)

Pretty much my guess as well, I think someone said somewhere that REsuper is in the IRacing World Championship or something, but that's all I know. :)

You're right, it was lapierre4:

Lol congratulations this must be a great feeling but I must correct you on something though. REsuperG is not some Italian guy. His name is Enzo Bonito and he is a driver in the iRacing Driver World Championship, and is doing quite good there. Maybe I didn't get some sarcasm you had in mind while writing this though! Great job again and keep pushing so maybe for the first time it's not "that French guy" who's gonna win the competition!

:)

Hi

Does any one know how long time it will take from the online qualifing end till the real life racing starts?

I need to finish my driving license, and just want to know if I can make it in time :)

Back