GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
Just to comment in case nobody knows it yet: new GT TV video, it's about GT Academy 👍

EDIT: bah, downloaded it and it's just the old GT Academy trailer. At least they could have put the 69 MBs edition that was on the PSN, better quality.

hey everyone, how many days we got left for the comp? I ordered my DFGT off Logitech and it should arrive tomo, a good chance now to pratice as hard as possible with a great wheel, on a controller my bests are 1.22.'s and i cant get further than that, think the calibration on my analog stick is slightly faulty :S,

whats everyones best so far?

1.20.630 with G25 & Clutch.

look upper on that thread to have all european top 20.👍

Best wheel is still G 25 with the clutch on that combo ;)

4353 UK & Eire drivers have attempted GT Academy so far:

NFzGrgSYXCL4hu5BLr9vLh470a-pbnuL0300.jpg

:bowdown:

Excuse me!

It took me more than 7 minutes, the first time I tried, to get the car pointing in the right direction! :) :)

Great info Sphinx, thank you.
I was wondering how many had taken up the challenge.

Finally I'm getting somewhere!

1.21.6xx last night with a bit of a sloppy lap.
Put me up into 56th....and dropped to 60th very soon after! :)

Think I'm going to run out of time in the competition though, by the time I get to the low 1.21's or even 20's

Would love to see this time trial left up even after the academy ends, it would be nice to have a quick go now and then just for old times sake! :)

33.925 first split last night but messed up the spoon right after(too excited!) ended up where I started 1.20.9 but that first split is 3 tenths up on my normal first split time so one of these days soon its gonna happen ! :)

I see you are now 10th Davissi, nice :)

I have to admit, I am struggling to beat my time of 1'20.807

I went from 4th to 7th last night ... The competition is definately heating up this final week...

(My first post btw..)

Yes ! it happenned...ironically my first split was 3 tenths down on last night. I totally see where all the time is though my perfect lap so far in this competition looks like 1.20.5 adding best sectors so with a bit more technique(not of the cheating kind ;) ) I appreciate how its possible to knock another half second off bearing in mind the slowish average speed car.

17th Sphinx,

In all honesty davissi, I know what you are saying... putting all your best parts together isn't quite the same though eh?!

I am getting tired of the same track over and over again now tbh :embarrassed:

Just keep trying I say, I just had a little go as I came in from work whilst having a cup of tea...got all frustrated because oldbeanie's new ghost is quite different, it is now dancing in front of me exiting the tunnel into the sweepers (worst place for that) so I turned it off and there we have it my fastest time with mistakes to boot.

Well done to all of you I say!

I'm not going to get anywhere near I don't think, but have really enjoyed trying (most of the time!!), currently languishing in 64th :(

I'm actually quite chuffed as I am a wheel newbie, and this exercise has helped me speed up my "wheel play" a heck of a lot.

Well done again peeps.

I've noticed that drivers using a Wheel with clutch are shifting a lot quicker. Less time is needed to jump in to next gear. Top times (in Holland) are all clutch users. I'm using the Driving Force Pro. I wonder if foreign best laps show the same. Thanks for the reply.

Rg,

Paul.

Noticed the same thing trying to chase down one of the top times a while back. Even though I dont have access to a clutch, I dont have a problem with it. It takes more skill to do and those with more skill should be at the top.

I've noticed that drivers using a Wheel with clutch are shifting a lot quicker. Less time is needed to jump in to next gear. Top times (in Holland) are all clutch users. I'm using the Driving Force Pro. I wonder if foreign best laps show the same. Thanks for the reply.

Rg,

Paul.

peewee,
I've merged your thread to the GT Academy thread on the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue forum.

TOP 20 FRENCH
1 - 1'20.230 PoSiTiOnOnePole
2 - 1'20.285 DriverR1
3 - 1'20.286 davidmonaco
4 - 1'20.332 LiLFaF
5 - 1'20.406 MaxDesign_POLE
6 - 1'20.517 MatrixJunior
7 - 1'20.518 Bastman71
8 - 1'20.540 scarface13001
9 - 1'20.546 DrDrid
10 - 1'20.577 Tomsupra22
11 - 1'20.588 hawax
12 - 1'20.622 GT_driver_BMW
13 - 1'20.626 Stefounzy
14 - 1'20.630 WayneGT
15 - 1'20.637 thanos2074
16 - 1'20.669 VinZ_07
17 - 1'20.698 vikingasgard
18 - 1'20.702 stillife87
19 - 1'20.702 GEMINI_ROCKET
20 - 1'20.711 golfy21

Very very hard for us.....

Ive just been checking out some of the top 10 replays and ive noticed a few people are now doing T1 in paddle shift, then just before T1 split they pause the game then switch into manual clutch to use the shifting advantage in T2

Is that allowed ? I use the manual all the way around my lap and have done a 33.908 first split so I doubt if there's a need for anyone to use paddles in that section.

I don't know how any of you are doing any of it!!! :)

I just knocked a 10th off my best time and I'm still a whole second off the UK best!
After watching a few of your replays and trying to copy them......badly!
I have come to the conclusion that you can either race or you can't race.....and I can't race!

Must be too much sedate driving in my system after ferrying the wife and her horse about for so long and getting screamed at if we go over 40mph! :crazy:

But how can something be so rewarding when you knock some time off your best and at the same time be the most frustrating drive you have ever had!
Sheeesh I hate N1 tyres! :dopey:

My holiday begins today so I'm just starting... ;)

By the way, I'm using black Momo, so no clutch or even 900 degree steering for me. :ouch:

Don't waste your holiday!! ;) ..we're hopefully in the s2 already... let me keep the 1st spot.. I'll pay you.. :D (for the records, I'm joking, you PD ba*****rds who are reading this)

Ive just been checking out some of the top 10 replays and ive noticed a few people are now doing T1 in paddle shift, then just before T1 split they pause the game then switch into manual clutch to use the shifting advantage in T2

Sounds interesting.... There are some clever people out there... :D

Back