GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
You guys are very fast then, Very competitive.👍

Good to hear everyone downshifting with the clutch. I see 2 people just start doing this over here and quite a few drivers from europe on regular TT's start to switch to auto shift by pressing triangle again just before corners with the 'N' for Neutral disappearing when down shifting, then they switch back to full clutch on the exit of the corner, thus avoiding using the clutch pedal for corner entry.

This is strange when you know that using the clutch give you more engine brake... and a little too complicated.

None of the best european time had been done using this 👍

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Ok, that's definitely my final attempt - if that doesn't get me through, so be it.

PrudentBear - 1:20.612

By the way, no clutches were harmed in the making of this lap :sly:

hi all. could someone be kind enough to check the uk academy ranks and let me know my position. i was in the top 5 with a dfp. i bought a G25 and my partner of 6 years left me the day it arrived!! coincidence? lol
as ive moved out the house i cant check the stats but my sister has said i can use her internet tomorrow for a last ditch effort to stay in top 20 lol!!

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Ok, that's definitely my final attempt - if that doesn't get me through, so be it.

PrudentBear - 1:20.612

By the way, no clutches were harmed in the making of this lap :sly:

Anyone who gets a 1'20.6 without using the clutch has my utmost respect. 👍👍

I'm currently on 1'20.8's (no clutch) and can see another .300 . I just hope I have enough time to get at least .200 . :nervous:

hi all. could someone be kind enough to check the uk academy ranks and let me know my position. i was in the top 5 with a dfp. i bought a G25 and my partner of 6 years left me the day it arrived!! coincidence? lol
as ive moved out the house i cant check the stats but my sister has said i can use her internet tomorrow for a last ditch effort to stay in top 20 lol!!

Andy, I'm sure you're still in the top 20 but getting closer to the bottom. I can't remember exactly, all I know is you're doing better than me. 👍

Good luck 👍

Anyone who gets a 1'20.6 without using the clutch has my utmost respect. 👍👍

I'm currently on 1'20.8's (no clutch) and can see another .300 . I just hope I have enough time to get at least .200 . :nervous:

Thanks! Took me nearly an hour and a half but I knew there was at least another tenth to go and it was just a matter of doing the laps. Hopefully it'll be time well spent and I can relax tomorrow knowing I've done my best.

Really do hope you can make it through - best of luck! 👍

Thanks! Took me nearly an hour and a half but I knew there was at least another tenth to go and it was just a matter of doing the laps. Hopefully it'll be time well spent and I can relax tomorrow knowing I've done my best.

Really do hope you can make it through - best of luck! 👍

What position are you in now?

Looks like the 33.9s run to the bottom of the hill is too rare to get it included in a fast lap, done two of those first splits today but having taken the spoon the most efficient ever afterwards the gearshift messed up into the tunnel...box full of neutrals....ffffffffff !!
I think that spoilt my whole session tonight considering my 20.6 was a full car in my rear view mirror and there's a mistake on the final corner in my target time too. Nevermind one more night to go people !!
Good luck.

Hi, your 27th at the moment andy.

I remember your lap from a few posts ago. Your T1 was 34.4xx something but you did a blinding T2 & T3, so just a good T1 and you'll be in the top 10.

Just done a few laps myself and did 1.20.691 11th with still some time to be had. I plan to withdraw, so sorry about that, just old time sake.:dunce:

i_am_egg lap is still there so they probably sort that out with all the others

Anyone else planning to shoot home early from work tonight?:)

I'm currently languishing in 25th on 1'20.916 - with a first sector of 34.220. I just I can't get anywhere near the sector 1 time of 34.000 some people seem to be routinely nailing - the majority of mine are in the 34.3xx.

My best EVER was 34.166, but I was so overcome with excitement that I nursed it round the rest of the lap in a desperate bid not to stack it! Nett result - didn't even get into the 1'20.9's

Must try harder... if only it were possible, I would!

Good luck to everyone out there (who's not wallsurfing or using the G25 auto/clutch loophole) - it'll be over soon and we can all get on with our lives!

Cheers

Andy

Good luck to everyone out there (who's not wallsurfing or using the G25 auto/clutch loophole) - it'll be over soon and we can all get on with our lives!

Don't blame G25 owners :sly: we are not cheaters like Wallsurfers 👍

Cheers

Andy

Laugh Out Loud!
I agree Andy, my wife can't wait for this whole thing to finish! And I'm only just in the top 50 never mind top 30!! :)

Well done everyone.

Last try, to be sure.. with the mighty DFP :)

T1= 0'33.892
T2= 0'57.665
LAP= 1'20.538

Still first in finland.. ;)

👍

edit: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blame G25 owners :sly: we are not cheaters like Wallsurfers 👍

Not at all - I love my G25 too! :bowdown:

It's people who bugger about with the auto/manual clutch setting that I was referring to... If you're going to use the H-shifter and manual clutch, stick with it and don't switch it to auto clutch before you need to change down for a bend.

You can heel and toe if you're able (I can't with the Logitech pedals). Regardless of that, you can still left foot brake for the corners that don't need a downshift on entry.

In short persevere - Hopefully the organisers will have enough nouse to weed out those who are pulling a fast one. At the end of the day, they have a vested interest in selecting drivers who have the potential to drive a real car, in the real world, not those who are simply milking any loopholes they've discovered, either by themselves or with the help of Google.

Nuff said... Rant over!

Does anyone here know how/whether we'll be able to follow the progress of the competition after the end of this round? I'm sure those of us who don't make it through won't lose interest in it and it would be fascinating to keep track of the winners between now and Dubai.

Andy

Cheers Andy, that's what I do with my gears I keep it in second through the hairpins left foot braking and its only the spoon bend before the tunnel that I blip the throttle under braking for that one gear change in manual dabbing the handbrake helps too.
Anyone know the latest UK standings ?

T1= 0'33.892
T2= 0'57.665
LAP= 1'20.538

👍

Well done!! 👍

edit> Need a tissue?

Well dang it, if I'm not TOTALLY and COMPLETELY jealous of you Euro folks!! Does anyone know or has anyone heard anything about (and my apologies if this has been asked/answered in this thread already...but) this kind of competition being available to U.S. players??? I mean, we're not all NASCAR fans over here!! Some of us actually prefer road racing...and are even completely embarrassed by the whole "go-fast-turn-left" thing...and would LOVE to get in on a competition such as The Academy.

Has there been anything about something like this coming up for those of us over in America?

Pyro

T1= 0'33.892
T2= 0'57.665
LAP= 1'20.538

👍

Sick boy! 👍

Very impressive. I'm almost tempted to put some more time in - if I could match your T1 I could get into the 1:20.4s! Problem is I've never had a T1 under 34 before. Maybe I'll leave it and preserve my sanity. 💡

If I look the time I would say that it was perfect, but I can still see 0.15 in there.. so you're right.. but, my mate, that would be quite close to perfect lap... And when has that happened??

👍

Back