GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
I'll only buy a wheel if I'm in something like 11th with a week to go :D

The N1 tyres are difficult. Personally I don't find them fun, but it's meant to be a challenge. I love the drift events in GT5 but in races or time trials it's just frustrating - time spent sideways is time you aren't going forwards!

I still haven't tried drift mode yet (keep forgetting:indiff:)

As for my wheel it's an old arsed logitech wingman (forcefeedback has died :guilty: ) I picked up years ago, I've been meaning to order a G25 or the GT5p wheel but I never bother. I might wait until the full GT5 gets a release date before I buy one

I like the N1 tyres because you really have to be kind on the throttle ( no TC ) and because it's difficult I find it fun.

I've just done 10 laps, currently 16th with a time of 1'23'299

I reckon , once i spend a bit of time , on breaking points and entry speeds, I can push another 2-3 seconds, but that it all, I think it handles like a heavy slug.

I'm in america so I can't compete, but was wondering what the car setup is. Can you tune your car, what tires are used etc.? I was just wanting to run some races to see how I compare to the field that is entered.

The nissan fairlady, no tuning (except for the on the fly tuning, i guess), pro physics, N1 tyres.

There were a couple of times in the 1.21s before i stopped. Some guy on the playstation forum reckons he got a 1.18 but he's in the US.

you can't access the tuning menu because it's a TT event.

it's on professional with N1 tyres, and you can chose driving aids but everyone I checked had none on or 1 TC

Does it work with the japanese version of the game? I've registered
successfully (6h ago), but I can't see the GT Academy Time Trial within
the japanese version of the game. What's up?!

Does it work with the japanese version of the game? I've registered
successfully (6h ago), but I can't see the GT Academy Time Trial within
the japanese version of the game. What's up?!

No you would have to use a PAL version of the game I would imagine.

Some guy on the playstation forum reckons he got a 1.18 but he's in the US.
With S2 tyres on I bet. I'm trying to find a way to fiddle with the tyres so I can a proper comparasion. But so far no luck.

I knew I did something wrong when I did a 1'17.7xx :indiff:

@VIPERGTSR01
Well, if this is true then all the die hard GT5P fans now have to buy GT5P again.
Stated otherwise, another reason to buy the EU version of the game (despite the
language and japanese-only servers). But you said; "... I would imagine".

I am based in the United States. I went on Ebay and bought a UK version of the game. I am going to see if I can get the TT, even though I am in the US.

I don't think it will work, but at least I will be able to rule the EU guys.

I still cant sign up, been trying for 2 days!
I tried a link that someone put up in the GT Academy forum, but it said the page was 'forbidden', all the links on the GT website do not work and the language menu is all upside down.

The 'proceed to entry screen' link is still not working, any ideas?

I am based in the United States. I went on Ebay and bought a UK version of the game. I am going to see if I can get the TT, even though I am in the US.

I don't think it will work, but at least I will be able to rule the EU guys.

Hope to see you online! 👍 ...but you know, all the fastest drivers comes from europe, common knowledge. ;) :) That´s why the competition is held on eu... :lol:

@VIPERGTSR01
Well, if this is true then all the die hard GT5P fans now have to buy GT5P again.
Stated otherwise, another reason to buy the EU version of the game (despite the
language and japanese-only servers). But you said; "... I would imagine".

I have the Japanese version since release and bought the PAL version also on release, it's all part of being a 'die hard' fan, you want it right away then there is comprimises.

Sony (SCEJ) never intended for European players to be playing their version and I wouldn't expect them to suit EU players in the process (allowing them to have access to the EU competitions through a Japanese game)

I am 99.9% sure you will not have access to the EU competition through your imported copy, I can't check as I don't have access to my PS3 at the moment.

Hope to see you online! 👍 ...but you know, all the fastest drivers comes from europe, common knowledge. ;) :) That´s why the competition is held on eu... :lol:

Ah, don't spout that rubbish. lol PD released the game in Europe first(JP actually, but those guys don't count), so its only natural that you guys get a tournament before us. Besides, when I am lapping you around the curcuit, you won't feel that way about us NTSC players. North Americans? or dopey Europeans. Not too hard to pick :D lol

So all of you Whinners in North America, get over it. We will have our shot too!

Ah, don't spout that rubbish. lol PD released the game in Europe first(JP actually, but those guys don't count), so its only natural that you guys get a tournament before us. Besides, when I am lapping you around the curcuit, you won't feel that way about us NTSC players. North Americans? or dopey Europeans. Not too hard to pick :D lol

So all of you Whinners in North America, get over it. We will have our shot too!

lol! 👍 :D

oh yeah, I forgot.. I look forward to racing some of the Euro trash (Yes for you serious type, I am kidding) legends. :P lol

Whenever I get the PAL version you know i'll be online playing it. Cheers.

I just tried my Japanese copy from my UK account and the comp will not show up. I didn't think it would because PD would not bother adding it to Japanese servers and we know about it being region locked to the copy you have, and wherever you are in the world your JPN copy will look for the JPN servers etc.

I still cant sign up, been trying for 2 days!
I tried a link that someone put up in the GT Academy forum, but it said the page was 'forbidden', all the links on the GT website do not work and the language menu is all upside down.

The 'proceed to entry screen' link is still not working, any ideas?

same thing here...very anoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yuck:

i meen,you can sign in via your pc right??or do you have to do it via your ps3??......
how wierd this....:crazy:

spyrrari.

I have a different problem - I signed up fine last night, and even did a number of laps - and now this morning the GT Academy time trial doesn't show upon the online list of events :confused:

I have the Japanese version since release and bought the PAL version also on release, it's all part of being a 'die hard' fan, you want it right away then there is comprimises.

Sony (SCEJ) never intended for European players to be playing their version and I wouldn't expect them to suit EU players in the process (allowing them to have access to the EU competitions through a Japanese game)

I am 99.9% sure you will not have access to the EU competition through your imported copy, I can't check as I don't have access to my PS3 at the moment.

viper,quick question mate,
i just bought the pal version,i also have been using the jpn version untill now...
so,do i have to redo all the events and all,or can i copy my jpn saved file to the new pal one???

spyrrari.

I'm getting a goddamn script error on the page where you accept the terms and conditions :grumpy:

I demand the person responsible is killed immediately :mad:

Back