GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
viper,quick question mate,
i just bought the pal version,i also have been using the jpn version untill now...
so,do i have to redo all the events and all,or can i copy my jpn saved file to the new pal one???

spyrrari.

I am pretty sure you have to redo everything, I am not 100% certain as I never tried using my JPN save.

I am sure someone else can confirm.

You have to redo everything, mate.

Or if you are feeling kinda lazy, just download a savegame lol

I have a different problem - I signed up fine last night, and even did a number of laps - and now this morning the GT Academy time trial doesn't show upon the online list of events :confused:

Same here. I even was the first spanish to sign up (I was first out of one since lap one, lol)

You have to redo everything, mate.

Or if you are feeling kinda lazy, just download a savegame lol

haha...noooo,not lazy and as i have just got my new dfgt wheel and all,i will be happy to redo all with joy!!:)

and as i still cannot register for the academy and dont race much online untill the fall update with private rooms,i have lots of time to kill anyway:sly:

thanks guys,seeya laters:sly:
spyrrari.

Guys

Seems to be working now, I just got the page up and the 'proceed' button has been relocated and is working!

I'm signing up now.....

Edit: Thats it, I'm registered under my GTP tag, lets hope that a few GTP's make it to the finals.

Good luck all! 👍

Yay! I'm reg'd.

Cheers for the heads-up Gnobody 👍

*edit
Just noticed there's a fitness test. Should sort out the 'skinny otaku' issue we were talking about before. It's a physical sport - requires strength and stamina.

Fitness test... LMFAO. Wonder what they'll think of my pack of Marlboro Lights/bottle of red wine a day and my addiction to curry?

I just managed to register under my GTP_Alex account successfully (After 300 attempts saying FORBIDDEN) and now GT Academy shows up with like 8 records/Rankings.

But when i sign in my Master Account "Guitardude999", GT Academy is not showing up, Even though i had it up yesterday :S

Im guessing that everyone is going to have to repost there times again :embarrassed:

Good Luck Guys :)

Fitness test... LMFAO. Wonder what they'll think of my pack of Marlboro Lights/bottle of red wine a day and my addiction to curry?

Shouldn't matter too much, I smoke like a beagle but I can still kayak 30miles in a day. You might need to lay off the vino tho, since being over the limit from the night before is kinda frowned upon in racing. :sly:

Yay! I'm reg'd.

Cheers for the heads-up Gnobody 👍

*edit
Just noticed there's a fitness test. Should sort out the 'skinny otaku' issue we were talking about before. It's a physical sport - requires strength and stamina.

No probs mate ;)

I cant wait to get home and give it a go, after i have had my lamb donner of course....:dopey:

I just managed to register under my GTP_Alex account successfully (After 300 attempts saying FORBIDDEN) and now GT Academy shows up with like 8 records/Rankings.

But when i sign in my Master Account "Guitardude999", GT Academy is not showing up, Even though i had it up yesterday :S

Im guessing that everyone is going to have to repost there times again :embarrassed:

Good Luck Guys :)

I couldnt get on this morning either with my GTP name i registered last night.

Does that mean we have to re-register..?? Sounds like a bit of a **** up if we do..:grumpy:

Right, well I've registered again, I'll see later this afternoon whether the Academy section has appeared again. Why am I not quite surprised it didn't work first time?...

I couldnt get on this morning either with my GTP name i registered last night.

Does that mean we have to re-register..?? Sounds like a bit of a **** up if we do..:grumpy:

Yeah, i just re-registered but with my GTP_ account, and it came up straight away.

I think there has been a bit of a **** up, but i guess if they had to RESET Academy because of a problem, i would rather them do it now, than in 4 weeks time when everyone has set really fast times LOL.

I'm getting a goddamn script error on the page where you accept the terms and conditions :grumpy:

I demand the person responsible is killed immediately :mad:

You appear to be having some of the problems I had.

Instead of directly clicking any links, try right clicking with your mouse and then select "open link". Do this for any where you have to press buttons. It worked for me. 👍

You appear to be having some of the problems I had.

Instead of directly clicking any links, try right clicking with your mouse and then select "open link". Do this for any where you have to press buttons. It worked for me. 👍

They got it fixed now but cheers for that anyway :)

Ah ha, just realised the top 20 get through to the next round from each group, that's much more like it! I was aiming for top ten which is pretty difficult on the pad, top 20 I think I can stay within :D

Just signed up, first lap 0 ranking, second lap 0 ranking, third lap 5th. :D

Should be fun.

Out of curiosity, what set up is everyone who is taking part using?

I'm using the official logitech GT3 wheel (ancient) with assists. Anyone tried using the quick setup to change about the brakes? Not sure if it would help much, I couldn't see an improvement, lol.

I am running with a G25, and everything turned off. What do you mean by quick setup, is that the quick tune? becuase the quick tune is disabled for me.

I'm using the pad, with no assists apart from ABS set to 1. I'm having to be VERY tentative with the throttle. My best time has now gone from a 1:23.5 to a 1:23.1 though, and I know I can find more time should I need to keep myself in the top 20.

I am running with a G25, and everything turned off. What do you mean by quick setup, is that the quick tune? becuase the quick tune is disabled for me.
Err, I don't know what exactly it's called. But that "on the fly" settings thingy the new Driving Force wheel has made a big deal about, can be assigned to buttons on your controller to change settings through the race. I think the options are: TC, ASM, Torque distribution, ABS, Front brake, Back brake.

None of which are much help for time trials, was just wondering if other people had even bothered trying.

I've just signed up again as GTP_Sphinx. I went to bed last night with the top time (UK), so I was a little annoyed to see that my time was deleted.

Anyway, Just going to spend an hour on this, then have another go later tonight. 👍

[Can someone save my replay and tell me where i am perhaps going wrong. As I have saved one or two of our GTP members replays to see if I can get any ideas as I am stuck in the 1:24's and cant get any improvments.

I have just watched Stevisiov's replay and I can't see any difference.

I am currently 30th in the table GTP_Grim_Reaper

Sorry ignore this as I have just realised that you can only watch top ten replays. :ouch:

Go onto rankings in the menu and set one of the better times as the ghost, then you'll be able to see first hand where they gain time, you'll lose a lot of time just trying to keep up with them.

Edit: Beaten to it :P

Back