GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,556 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to gauge competition here, what would be a good time in Fuji Speedway F track?
 
I would have to agree there. I'm kind of hoping there isn't the huge turnout. I remember trying to put up a qualifying lap for another race and I sucked compared to the other times that were posted. Maybe an "A" series for you guys that drive unbelievably well and a "B" series for those that are sub par?

Been there, done that, pain in the arse. :sly:

Edit: Practice race will be 20 laps.
 
Awwww snape, gonna have to practice on Nurb tonight in preperation.
 
Trying to gauge competition here, what would be a good time in Fuji Speedway F track?

from what i have been seeing people post offline is 1:39 to 1:43 range so somewhere in between i guess
 
any reference times or setups for Nurburgring GP/F? i can't seem to do better than 2:02.5xx
 
I just ran it last night in an open lobby for a few laps, but ran a 2:01.xxx. Can't remember exactly what it was. There's more time there for sure.
 
Been there, done that, pain in the arse. :sly:

Edit: Practice race will be 20 laps.


I'm sure it is. Best I have done on Nurburgring GP/F was a 2:08. Definitely not close to what I could do yet, but I've only run a couple laps on it. Guess we'll just have so see who shows up and who doesn't. Even if I were to not qualify for the races due to so much interest and how well y'all drive, I still got a sweet lookin car.

Any rooms going to be open tonight? Some practice Practice races maybe?
 
Even if I were to not qualify for the races due to so much interest and how well y'all drive, I still got a sweet lookin car.

See that is my take, I don't really expect to qualify because I know how good most of these people are but it was a good car to practice and to sort of benchmark myself and see how much (a lot) work I have to do to get better.

Turbo, do you know off the top of your head what setting you use to set up the room? Just curious so if I do some practice I know I am similar. My guess is all aids off except TCS, grass edge set to real. I can't remember if there are any other important ones.
 
Turbo, do you know off the top of your head what setting you use to set up the room? Just curious so if I do some practice I know I am similar. My guess is all aids off except TCS, grass edge set to real. I can't remember if there are any other important ones.

All Aids off. (ABS is allowed, but I don't think you can turn it off)
Max HP - 522
Min Weight - 1180kg
Grass - Normal
Penalties - Light
Damage - Light
Tires - Racing Hard

Think that's it...
 
GTP Name: siga
PSN Name: SiGa_2010
Car Colors: black/black
Car Number: 58
 
I will try to be there tomorrow because I can't wait to start racing but I don't know if my time will fit... Anyway I tried a 15 laps race at Nurburgring GP/F in my lobby and I found that the Fuji setup that R1600Turbo gave was actually pretty good (well that's quite useless to say that since I didn't try any other) but anyways... During the 5 first laps of the tires set it's possible to record a good time. After that point, the tires start to have a little less grip and at lap 9, the lap time starts to increase dramatically.

The best time I achieved was a 1'59,7xx and I didn't run on the 24h Nurburgring joins the first section (where it becomes wider after the first section).
 
Those that are going to race tomorrow night, I'll open the room about 10 minutes early so people can start filing in. We'll wait until about 7:30 EST for people to get into the room. Those that are in the room can practice during this time. At 7:30 we'll start a qualifying session that will last for 15 minutes. Immediately after qualifying I will start the race.

Race will be 20 laps, and although you can probably stay out the whole time, I would recommend pitting as the tires go south pretty badly after 8-10 laps.
 
just to let u know i cant make it tomorrow because i have a cousins wedding to attend, but im ready to qualify fuji next week
 
I invited a friend to get into this series, but he just became a member of gtplanet and first post on this thread needs to be checked by moderators or something. Can you include him on the roster? details below.

GTP Name: siga
PSN Name: SiGa_2010
Car Colors: black/black
Car Number: 58

thanks!
 
Some photos from our practice run a while back.
FujiSpeedwayF_3.jpg


FujiSpeedwayF_2.jpg


FujiSpeedwayF_1.jpg


FujiSpeedwayF.jpg
 
Way too many same color cars. :lol:

So many color choices in GT5, mix it up guys!

Edit: Something came up guys and I will have to cancel tonight's practice race. It will be re-scheduled for next saturday. Same time, same place. Sorry!

I'll be on much later tonight and will set up a practice room for those interested.
 
Last edited:
I changed mine to ButterScotch/metallic Red (#98).
 
Edit: Something came up guys and I will have to cancel tonight's practice race. It will be re-scheduled for next saturday. Same time, same place. Sorry!

I'll be on much later tonight and will set up a practice room for those interested.

Man! I was so looking forward to this!! Ohh well! ITCC practice it is!
 
I'll sign up.

GTP name: L_Hamilton
PSN name : GTP_L_Hamilton
Car colors: Orange and black.
Car number: 60


fujispeedwayf.jpg

fujispeedwayf1i.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks like fun, but I hate Fuji. :crazy:



GTP Name: dudeondacouch
PSN Name: dudeondacouch
Car Colors (body/wheels): Red Pearl / Yellow
Car Number: 81
 
Last edited:
If there is room I would love to join.

brianm3
brianm3
color: Topaz (Tan) w/green wheels
#42
 
Last edited:
I'd like to join if I qualify.

redcouch1212
redcouch1

#97
 
Bump.

Is there any rooms up? If not I'll make one in a bit.
 
how many hp should i have in my lexus?? i change the oil n break the engine n i hav 509, is that ok?
 
how many hp should i have in my lexus?? i change the oil n break the engine n i hav 509, is that ok?

It should go up more as you put miles on it. Mine is at 513 I think.

I'll update the drivers list in about an hour.
 
Finally got around to getting a good photo of the Chrome/Red #5 GT Auto Lexus I'll be running:

5422720868_51f0a78cf7_b.jpg






And strangely enough... (I've never been in the hangar up until this photoshoot) I found out I have a twin!

5422721270_1a0561c3be_b.jpg
 
Looking forward to this Saturday,
Having surgery tomorrow though, hope I'll be in good enough shape to run.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back