GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,556 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:40 high, low 41, still cant find the ideal apex on turns 3, 4 n last turn.

lapierre4
The best lap I did is 1'39.315 but usually its high 1'39 to low 1'40.

Well looks like I still have some work to do... Just getting bored and fed up with trying to tune this thing...
 
is there still a place to join cause that is a lot of people signed up for this?
well here is my info:
GTP name: yogondie
PSN name: dompiece
White/Black w/ gold wheels
Car #: 28

Number is already taken.

Jav
Well looks like I still have some work to do... Just getting bored and fed up with trying to tune this thing...

I'll PM you my setup.
 
Number is already taken.

Here is a list of numbers that are available as of right now!

3
4
6
12
15
16
17
25
30
31
32
36
37
40
41
42
44
45
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
65
67
70
72
75
79
81
83
84
87
90
91
92
94
95
97
98

Lots to choose from!
 
Thanks dude!

Edit: Surprised #3 is still available...
 
Thanks dude!

Edit: Surprised #3 is still available...

Well this isn't NASCAR! :)👍


Also, after cramming the 24hr at Daytona in the last few days.. I think the next series should use their cars :).. obviously no DP's. What ya think?
 
I think after this I'm taking a break and running someone else's series. :lol:
 
HAHA.. i was also thinking of a GT style.. 8 spec miatas on track with 8 is-f's!
 
Anybody with a tune that doesn't suck?

I may bow out before the season even starts.

This car handles so poorly, it's not fun to drive at all.
 
When i sign in to this series, the start hours of the races hadn't been decided.
Now that i saw the schedule in post 1 i know i can't make it. :guilty:
You can scrap my name from the list turbo.
 
This car handles so poorly, it's not fun to drive at all.

For some reason it just doesn't work at Fuji, at all. I've found with my tune it still under-steers a bit no matter what, especially on old tires. But take the same tune straight to Grand Valley and it's over-steer galore.
 
I would like to join.

GTP name: tinram
PSN name: GTP_paltik
Color: White Body / black wheels
Car #: 98

Can i install a carbon fiber hood?
 
I would like to join.

Can i install a carbon fiber hood?

Since it's an RM package, I think that is already done for you...
 
But take the same tune straight to Grand Valley and it's over-steer galore.
Eh, not really. Only in the two third-gear hairpins. This car seems to oversteer at low speeds, which is understandable due to it's relatively low weight and high power. But cornering at mid/high speeds still produces a slight bit of understeer, there just isn't enough front grip or something. Whatever it is, it's pretty lousy for a "Race Modified" car. I'm pretty sure the RM Camaro could take corners better, even coming from a country notorious for making poor handling cars (when compared to the country the IS-F comes from that generally makes great handling cars).
 
IS-F doesn't feel right 'cause the base tune's really too basic. It's a great platform though. You just need to find the right spring rates and its racing spirit really comes out.
 
Changed colours.

They're now Reflex Purple/Indigo

kyotogiony.jpg

kyotogion1.jpg
 
Hi guys, I created a lobby open to all. It's GTP Lexus Challenge and the number of the room is 1472 - 6118 - 3787 - 3246 - 6453 and I will run Fuji F but if the people that join want to change the track I will be pleased to do so.

EDIT: The lobby is now closed.
 
Last edited:
Damn, I missed it.
 
If everyone is not liking the understeer why not try to downgrade to sport soft? Harded tires should allow the back end to be a bit more loose.
 
and make cornering even worse? no thanks.
 
MÜLE_9242;4732020
and make cornering even worse? no thanks.

LOL yeah. It'll turn with a good tune. 👍
 
Ok! Late night session open!

1472-6118-3916-1736-4525

Session closed!
 
Last edited:
Be there in a second. I can only stay for about 30-45 minutes though.
 
For some reason it just doesn't work at Fuji, at all. I've found with my tune it still under-steers a bit no matter what, especially on old tires. But take the same tune straight to Grand Valley and it's over-steer galore.

Understeer problem fixed: :lol:

PhotoJan31101331PM.jpg


Just need to "shave" the rear tires a bit ;)
 
Be there in a second. I can only stay for about 30-45 minutes though.

Thank's for joining man!
The new tune made the car feel much better and with a few tweaks took my times down to 1:43.005. Still off the pace and a bit slower than before, but it feels so much better now! Now is just a matter of getting used to the car and relearning the best line arround the track. I really hate the new Fuji!!! Herman Tilke is a murderer!!!!!
 
sorry guys, i didnt realise the times, i think for most people are GMT wont be able to make this
Thanks anyway, could you take me off the list

#19 Paginas
 
If everyone is not liking the understeer why not try to downgrade to sport soft? Harded tires should allow the back end to be a bit more loose.
MÜLE_9242;4732020
and make cornering even worse? no thanks.
I have actually considered running sports on the rear only and maintaining the RH tires up front for grip. I don't know how wear would come into play though and I don't even know if that would be against the rules.

I'm pretty sure the RM Camaro...
This just crossed my mind; why not a dual make championship? Allow the IS-F and the Camaro for a series and allow people to choose? I don't have an RM Camaro yet but I'm sure there is a tune that would allow it to perform on par with the IS. Of course it would have different handling characteristics, but that's why there is a choice... some people may prefer the Lexus over the Chevy. I know this series has pretty much already started, but a dual make RM series would be fun.
 
I have actually considered running sports on the rear only and maintaining the RH tires up front for grip. I don't know how wear would come into play though and I don't even know if that would be against the rules.

Has crossed my mind several times with you, but have already gotten penalized on a series for doing this(eventhough I'm going with a lower spec)...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back