Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
OK so after playing a while on the new update here are a few things I've noticed
The sound of the tyre squeal has been upped it's not as bad as gt5 gt6 but it needs to be turned down.
the tyres screech a lot more when you lock up the brakes which makes it easier to know when the tyres are locking up,before I'd only realise when the car would begin to struggle to turn.
the Ferrari 458 gt3 headlights have gone from yellow to clear, could this mean we can choose headlight tints?
skid marks are now visible from drifitng and locking up
tyres smoke a lot more before you would have to spin the tyre for quite a while to get them to smoke but now they will smoke when doing a burnout
grass and gravel have tyre tacks left in them when you drive over them, I have only noticed this on brands Hatch
I felt that from the cars I drove they seem to lose grip a lot more easily than before
crowds and other off track elements have been added to both nurburgring and brands Hatch
there are now pit crews in the pits
the shift bar colour goes from red to pink to blue kind of reminds me of vice city colours.
on the gt3 car's there are a lot more crackles and backfire from the exhaust note
I spotted translator San on the nurburgring pit wall
the edge of the track now feels less grippy and more slippy
and the gravel traps now will really slow you down avoid them at all costs

Last edited:
Oh we've gotta have some pics of this!

evlrnv.png

gran-turismo-7-su-ps4-in-uscita-nel-2016.jpg

(thanks @MARcFuLLa)

Well the aston martin has gotten a more pronounced v12 sound to it now. Yet it still misses that amazing reverb as shown above. (If only PD could create that level of reverb/echo/doppler effect :sly:

Edit: forgot to add the video :dunce:
Here it is:
By Xanavigtr youtubes channel.:gtpflag:

Oh so they did update this car, neat. This was actually the only Gr3 I thought sounded really wrong, glad to see they're working on that.

I just got chosen yesterday,on the Asian Closed Beta test and to much of my surprise Arcade mode is not available.
So I got stuck with Sport Mode but there's no races yet but the news feed said that the taces will begin on June 3rd.
I just simply let the game run on demo mode for hours last night,I just want to test it out!
Seeing all these updates on youtube and I'm amazed how much they improved the game!

Last edited:
The Mustang turn signals are sequential, they did that right, that is all that matters to me about this update since there is still an invisible man holding my throttle back.

Actually yes, it does sound synthetic and flat producing a sound similar to a vacuum cleaner. Because they have upped their sounds a bit by adding a more realistic sound effect emulating a v8 does not mean they have managed to make the sound alive and like it is popping out to you.. The sound is still vacuum cleener-esque. Sorry but that is the simple truth...

A vacuum cleaner doesn't produce synthetic sound. Unless you bought one of these fancy ones equipped with a synthesiser that lets you get the sound of a helicopter or bird tweeting or Mahler's fifth symphony. But a standard vacuum cleaner is no more synthetic than a standard car.

But if your vacuum cleaner sounds like the Mustang, then you probably did buy one of these fancy synthesiser ones :P

Still has that floating feel on the road, that is my main complaint, the wheel is much heavier but no feeling on the road. Bla Bla Bla

Gave it another go tonight after the new update but it's all just wrong particularly the GT3 cars. With a wheel it just doesn't feel like you are driving a car. It's so numb, I can't feel the tyres on the road. A big chunk of that may be due to the fact that the track surface is sooo smooth but I also think the handling is just fundamentally wrong.

I fired up AC straight after and it's just so much better, so intuitive, it feels like you are driving a car on an actual road.
Exactly what I've been complaining about, Put on AC or PC , feels way better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still has that floating feel on the road, that is my main complaint, the wheel is much heavier but no feeling on the road. Bla Bla Bla
Maybe that feeling is from not having feedback on the pedals. When im on a cintroller, i can feel the lfoatiness of every car because of the vibration, its all in my hands. Maybe fanatec, thrustmaster, and logitech should think about that.

The turbo blowoff sound needs to be toned up a bit, and the tire squeel toned down, especially in cockpit view.

Loving the camera options and the visual upgrades in terms of trackside assets as well as the return of tire marks. 👍 Love playing with the indicators :D.

The physics itself doesn't feel that different for me however, though it feels the Evora is just a tad more forgiving? Overall I like the direction of this update.

Btw apparently PD finally transplanted a lower body to our driver avatar. With working legs to boot.:lol:

GT2 had a better turbo around than the rest of t he GT's IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this new update.

- Visually, it's beautiful and very smooth. I'm waiting to see Dragon Trails but this time I have nothing to say, it's perfect.

- Engine sound. I would like the engine sound to be a bit stronger in some views but other than that, there has been a good progression. I find the balance of mechanical sounds, better.

- Physics. The more I drive, the more I like. I have better feelings behind the wheel.

- Servers. Very solid and fast, ping very low. I will wait to do more races for report bugs.

- I really like the fact that we can choose the position of pilot in the cockpit view.

Last edited:
At first i was skeptical about this new GT iteration, because of no really news, apart from the graphics, was going on. But now i'm convincing on the fact that this beta is indeed a useful tool for Zaz and PD. Because of it they finally are exiting out of their closed world and listening to the community and their advices. That's a positive thing in general, more positive if it comes from PD. Now the game has some nice features, and it will potentially be a funny game. Too bad i cannot play with steering wheel, because of this dumb thing between Fanatec and Sony, which makes my CSW V2 unuseful for PS4 purposes.

At first i was skeptical about this new GT iteration, because of no really news, apart from the graphics, was going on. But now i'm convincing on the fact that this beta is indeed a useful tool for Zaz and PD. Because of it they finally are exiting out of their closed world and listening to the community and their advices. That's a positive thing in general, more positive if it comes from PD. Now the game has some nice features, and it will potentially be a funny game. Too bad i cannot play with steering wheel, because of this dumb thing between Fanatec and Sony, which makes my CSW V2 unuseful for PS4 purposes.

Hi
I think someone posted that it will work with an adapter: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-wheel-experience.354635/page-2#post-11770114

Wow wow wow, this game just keeps getting better. The new chase cam is awesome, a very welcome change. The backfires are absolutely savage on the downshifts and it has changed quite significantly since I played it in August last year. I can't wait to try the physics out again, and the sounds are the best they've ever been. If PD nail the engine notes, each of the cars will sound fantastic, enough to outdo the best. But I think I'm being optimistic...

So I registered just to post this, as no-one seemed to notice this. There are no daily cars? I drove 42 kilometres both today and yesterday, and got nothing. Anyone else?

So I registered just to post this, as no-one seemed to notice this. There are no daily cars? I drove 42 kilometres both today and yesterday, and got nothing. Anyone else?
I've heard a few people say that they haven't gotten daily cars; however, I did my daily marathon and got another car; a duplicate M6 GT3 at that.

Touching outside the tarmac turns the car berserk, even with TCS to 3, the Ferrari flips out...

The visuals are stunning, i am not sure what changed here.

Ps, game is now 23gigs, that's 6gig added

Last edited:

I did 2 laps of the ring, plus a bit, for 26.1 miles, and it wasn't quite enough. Maybe they've fixed it to be 26.219 miles rather than 26 (or 42.195 km rather than 42), or maybe it always was. Anyway, doing a bit more got me a car, and the time zone trick still works. I just got duplicates though, in the same order as before.

I did 2 laps of the ring, plus a bit, for 26.1 miles, and it wasn't quite enough. Maybe they've fixed it to be 26.219 miles rather than 26 (or 42.195 km rather than 42), or maybe it always was. Anyway, doing a bit more got me a car, and the time zone trick still works. I just got duplicates though, in the same order as before.

Yesterday and today no car reward. Did see the green tick in the box after the 42,2 km and then back to the menu. I already have all cars and 4 (or 3? don't remember exactly) duplicates.

2 laps were always just under the daily limit. Also, I had the impression only full laps count.

Yesterday and today no car reward. Did see the green tick in the box after the 42,2 km and then back to the menu. I already have all cars and 4 (or 3? don't remember exactly) duplicates.

Hmm :(

2 laps were always just under the daily limit. Also, I had the impression only full laps count.

I can't remember if I saw the tick after the 2 laps or not, TBH, and I did do a sector or two more. It does count any mileage, not just completed laps, although I'm not sure what it counts if you 'restart'.

-amazing sound effect when you slowly grind you car against railings
-turning back on the 'far' chase cam... wow it is terrible!

Great update, although the sound mixing on downshifts needs some more work. It seems to lose the engine tone a bit until you hit throttle again.

Back