GT Sport Beta - Update 1.08

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 240 comments
I just hope the new penalty system for collisions won't affect innocent drivers.
Damage will, though. ;)
Because there will always be a lot of terrible players out there that can't drive without hitting others (and can't drive in general)
In my club we always raced with damage off in GT5 and GT6 due to that.

I hate this.
Surely its an option, "low damage", you can always set it up to "high damage" if you want it permanent until you enter the pits. Like in GT5/6

So you "drive" through the pits and you get a fix?
Have you ever played GT5/6? It was always like that.

@NixxxoN
GT5 was released 7 years ago.GT6 is also a 4 years old gen console game.Surely they must do better than that,especially if they want to keep up with other titles.
What do you want exactly? In the final game there should be the crew of mechanics working and you pitting for tyres and all, for sure, as in the previous other two.

What do you want exactly? In the final game there will be the visible crew of mechanics, for sure.

Thats my point mate.The beta is not the final product.I was just asking a question about how the damage fix works in the 1.08 update,I was not saying that this is how it is going to be when they put it for sale.

Because people use the "problems" of the said system to actually race dirty,gain advantage and still get positive DR and SR ratings.
Really,I've seen a lot of "clean and fast" drivers being the exact opposite and getting rewarded because of system not being able to work as it should.
So either make it work or dont put it in the game.Thats my point mate.
That's not a result of the no fault system though. iRacing has a similar system but don't have the same problem of fast drivers being dirty, at least nohwere near like it is in GTSport. It's all in how you weigh the data and how quickly your driver rating can rise and fall and having thresholds for entry into races that are actually meaningful. PD hasn't figured that part out yet. Surely you see the folly in asking them to ban people for a day because of a system that's deeply flawed?

Thats my point mate.The beta is not the final product.I was just asking a question about how the damage fix works in the 1.08 update,I was not saying that this is how it is going to be when they put it for sale.
Well, I dont see any other way of fixing damage whitin a race, other than pitting.

Well, I dont see any other way of fixing damage whitin a race, other than pitting.
With the "light" damage setting in prior games, your damage self repaired on track. This is a good option for shorter races IMO or for anyone organizing a race that doesn't want the participants races ruined by a heavy incident.

How hard the impact was? And did the driver in front of you received a penalty as well?

Either way, 20 sec penalty is insane. :boggled:
Well I have no idea if he received a penalty or even the one in front him. I just backed out of the race after I saw that awful penalty (no way I'm waiting there to let that clock run down lol). It was a crash at like 200 kph (was on the straight at Brandshatch Indy), so they went flying into the barrier. The first one should've gotten the 20 second penalty, not me or the guy in front of me. :/

20 seconds:odd::eek:?. This reminds me, I do hope there is some kind of tracking on % of races quit and that you can set up a threshold in your lobby. No offense but one of the most annoying things about racing online is people who quit races. You start out with a good size field and 5 laps later you have 5 people left running. It should be incentivized in some way to have people finish races.
Please don't tell me I did the wrong thing. Easy for you to judge but I would like to see how you would react if you had the same thing happen to you. Doing 5 clean laps (gaining 7 positions), seeing the first, second place right in front of you and then have it being taken away from you because some retard can't drive cleanly. To be clear, once i gotten back on track I was already second to last (with the added 20 second penalty on a track that takes +-50 seconds lol) so there was no point in racing any further.

Penalties are not working properly either way.I am watching 1.08 streams.I see people cutting track in almost every corner (4 wheels outside the white line),hitting people from behind and still getting zero penalties and positive DR ratings.
Exactly i have noticed the same things. Kinda rage inducing tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a result of the no fault system though. iRacing has a similar system but don't have the same problem of fast drivers being dirty, at least nohwere near like it is in GTSport. It's all in how you weigh the data and how quickly your driver rating can rise and fall and having thresholds for entry into races that are actually meaningful. PD hasn't figured that part out yet. Surely you see the folly in asking them to ban people for a day because of a system that's deeply flawed?

I am asking for a penalty system that will work.If it's not working either fix-improve it or dont use it.

I am asking for a penalty system that will work.If it's not working either fix-improve it or dont use it.

A reasonable request.

I'm not for banning people unless it's obvious multiple instances of bashing.
Easier said than done, but if they can sort the points system out and force pit damage I'll be happy.

With the "light" damage setting in prior games, your damage self repaired on track. This is a good option for shorter races IMO or for anyone organizing a race that doesn't want the participants races ruined by a heavy incident.
Of course, I meant permanent damage fixing.

Please don't tell me I did the wrong thing. Easy for you to judge but I would like to see how you would react if you had the same thing happen to you. Doing 5 clean laps (gaining 7 positions), seeing the first, second place right in front of you and then have it being taken away from you because some retard can't drive cleanly. To be clear, once i gotten back on track I was already second to last (with the added 20 second penalty on a track that takes +-50 seconds lol) so there was no point in racing any further.
I would do no different in a beta and probably in the full game as well, unless there were some incentive to finish the race or some penalty for not finishing. Quitting is an issue and I'd like to see it be dealt with in some way. I've played other games like the NHL series where you can put quit% in your search parameters when looking for matchmaking and I think it's a good idea for open lobbies. Would you rather have a lobby full of people who quite 0-5% of the time or a lobby full of people who quit from 0-50% of the time? There are a number of ways to incentivize/penalize this and I'd like to see them make some attempt at it.

Well we'd all like that wouldn't we?:lol: I'm not in the beta but what I gather from what I read here is that the system is not doing what it's supposed to do, which is provide cleaner racing at the higher SR levels. Sure it works in lobbies full of drivers who are naturally clean racers but that works in any game. The system definitely needs tweaking.

Last edited:
Mechanical damages in that state is unacceptable. I hope it just a glimpse and final damage system will be much more complex. Auto-reparing is a joke. Honestly, what are we doing here, racing or filming "Christine"?
I think that's only for the beta
Check out the beta forum

Tire Wear, Car Damage and Fuel, Oh MY

42848-27381.jpg

20 seconds:odd::eek:?. This reminds me, I do hope there is some kind of tracking on % of races quit and that you can set up a threshold in your lobby. No offense but one of the most annoying things about racing online is people who quit races. You start out with a good size field and 5 laps later you have 5 people left running. It should be incentivized in some way to have people finish races.

This would be awesome!! I too cannot stand people who race quit for any reason. If you are having a bad race, pull off to the side and wait it out, better to have a DNF than a RQ.

One has to remember this is a stripped down Beta version.
they add the features they want to Test to it...
It Does Not Mean this is how the Released Game will Be...

"Lets test the Damage Code"
So while we are having fun on the Track, they are collection all the collision data...

Now they have a Mass of Data, How can they Apply that so the penalty is more accurate.

Add a Model to the Beta, and see how it works...

It will all help to make the final product better.
But don't expect the final product to be what we are experiencing in the Beta.

"Lets test Tyre wear and Fuel usage"
Again, this will be for Data collection to help improve the final release.

I expect they are Hoping for Crashes..
They want to have Data from the Bad drivers, as well as the Good drivers.

If everyone was a perfect and clean driver, the data would be useless...

Don't expect your ratings from the beta or your car collection to carry over into the final product.
when the Beta is over...
everyone starts with an blank slate..
Maybe there will be an exclusive DLC for the beta testers. A special livery perhaps.

Does anyone know if you can change controller setting in this beta version? I want to shift gears using L2 R2 and Brake using Square and accelerate using the right Analog stick like older GT titles. Currently using L2 R2 to brake/accelerate which isn't very comfortable .Can i do this with the new update? Apologies if i posted this in the wrong thread. Thank you.

Is now time for more invites i wait so long!!
They are going to close this beta after this or one more update and another one will start at August.

One has to remember this is a stripped down Beta version.
they add the features they want to Test to it...
It Does Not Mean this is how the Released Game will Be...

"Lets test the Damage Code"
So while we are having fun on the Track, they are collection all the collision data...

Now they have a Mass of Data, How can they Apply that so the penalty is more accurate.

Add a Model to the Beta, and see how it works...

It will all help to make the final product better.
But don't expect the final product to be what we are experiencing in the Beta.

"Lets test Tyre wear and Fuel usage"
Again, this will be for Data collection to help improve the final release.

I expect they are Hoping for Crashes..
They want to have Data from the Bad drivers, as well as the Good drivers.

If everyone was a perfect and clean driver, the data would be useless...

Don't expect your ratings from the beta or your car collection to carry over into the final product.
when the Beta is over...
everyone starts with an blank slate..
Maybe there will be an exclusive DLC for the beta testers. A special livery perhaps.
I really hope those who tested the beta to get something special.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do no different in a beta and probably in the full game as well, unless there were some incentive to finish the race or some penalty for not finishing. Quitting is an issue and I'd like to see it be dealt with in some way. I've played other games like the NHL series where you can put quit% in your search parameters when looking for matchmaking and I think it's a good idea for open lobbies. Would you rather have a lobby full of people who quite 0-5% of the time or a lobby full of people who quit from 0-50% of the time? There are a number of ways to incentivize/penalize this and I'd like to see them make some attempt at it.
I agree though :). They should maybe severly lower your DR if you rage quit 3 times and repeat that if it is a hard learner.

Is this true? Please tell me the final game will not be like that.
From PD:
- Races with tire wear and fuel consumption: The wear/consumption speed will vary depending on the event. In the product version, there will be a wear/consumption speed display in the event details screen, and a display of the estimated pit timing window, etc. Also in races with fuel consumption enabled, it will be possible to adjust the fuel/air mixture in the Fuel Map of the MFD. Trying to run the whole race at full power will lead to you running out of gas before the end of these races, and requires you to adjust the Fuel Map as necessary.
- Races with Damage: These will be races with damage equivalent to the “mechanical Damage; Light” up to GT6, and damage to your car will automatically be repaired in 60 seconds. We will not be implementing repairs in the pit and pit work animations in the closed Beta. Please look forward to the product version for these.

PD has a thread where they are asking for recordings of unfair penalties so they can continue to adjust the system. There will always be a small percentage of gamers that find ways to abuse any system such as this to their advantage. I think the system in place today is far better than no penalty system at all. Sure it gets it wrong occasionally, but most of the time it is right.

Last edited:
Back