GT Sport Beta - Update 1.08

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 240 comments
Does anyone know if you can change controller setting in this beta version? I want to shift gears using L2 R2 and Brake using Square and accelerate using the right Analog stick like older GT titles. Currently using L2 R2 to brake/accelerate which isn't very comfortable .Can i do this with the new update? Apologies if i posted this in the wrong thread. Thank you.
Yes you can map your controler and wheel like you want.

This are screenshots of mine from 1.03 version.
They are in Spanish, but give you an idea about it.

Gran Turismo™Sport Versión de prueba beta cerrada_20170413140722.png
Gran Turismo™Sport Versión de prueba beta cerrada_20170413140746.png

One has to remember this is a stripped down Beta version.
they add the features they want to Test to it...
It Does Not Mean this is how the Released Game will Be...

"Lets test the Damage Code"
So while we are having fun on the Track, they are collection all the collision data...

Now they have a Mass of Data, How can they Apply that so the penalty is more accurate.

Add a Model to the Beta, and see how it works...

It will all help to make the final product better.
But don't expect the final product to be what we are experiencing in the Beta.

"Lets test Tyre wear and Fuel usage"
Again, this will be for Data collection to help improve the final release.

I expect they are Hoping for Crashes..
They want to have Data from the Bad drivers, as well as the Good drivers.

If everyone was a perfect and clean driver, the data would be useless...

Don't expect your ratings from the beta or your car collection to carry over into the final product.
when the Beta is over...
everyone starts with an blank slate..
Maybe there will be an exclusive DLC for the beta testers. A special livery perhaps.
The problem is that these will be the same people who will ram you into another dimension. I understand that they need this collision data but PD wouldn't need to implement these measures if people just act like responisble. But that could be said about most thing that involves humans I guess...

Is now time for more invites i wait so long!!
I think it may be too late for you buddy. Kaz stated that this beta will have a couple more updates (1.07, 1.08) so I think this beta is near its end. Although i don't hope so for your sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can now flash your lights when the standings come up in a rolling start race.

The tire wear adds a nice twist to the races. The tires on the Audi TTs tend to fall off a cliff so the Evora gets an advantage there.

It's one more "element" that the BOP will need to take into consideration though.

You can now flash your lights when the standings come up in a rolling start race.

The tire wear adds a nice twist to the races. The tires on the Audi TTs tend to fall off a cliff so the Evora gets an advantage there.

It's one more "element" that the BOP will need to take into consideration though.
It really shouldn't be a factor in a sprint race though. Unless you are using a qualifying tire compound there really isn't much fall off of grip in any purpose-built race tire in just a few laps. Let's hope this is just a beta phenomenon.

It really shouldn't be a factor in a sprint race though. Unless you are using a qualifying tire compound there really isn't much fall off of grip in any purpose-built race tire in just a few laps. Let's hope this is just a beta phenomenon.

I think I'd like to have the option. It's similar to the day to night transitions in short races. It's not real, but it's the best method to showcase a feature.

@sebmugi @emula have any of you guys noticed changed to the lighting? I kinda do but it's been a while since I last played.

I think I'd like to have the option. It's similar to the day to night transitions in short races. It's not real, but it's the best method to showcase a feature.

@sebmugi @emula have any of you guys noticed changed to the lighting? I kinda do but it's been a while since I last played.
Of course it should be an option that goes without saying, but if it works as a tire wear on/off switch then it shouldn't be a factor in a sprint race. If there are several rates of tire wear then I can understand how one of them might affect a sprint race.

Does anyone know if you can change controller setting in this beta version? I want to shift gears using L2 R2 and Brake using Square and accelerate using the right Analog stick like older GT titles. Currently using L2 R2 to brake/accelerate which isn't very comfortable .Can i do this with the new update? Apologies if i posted this in the wrong thread. Thank you.

You can, but due to the DS4's face buttons not being pressure sensitive as they were in the past, it'd be somewhat difficult to drive.

I'm still yet to be invited to the Beta. I've applied from day 1, I've had every game released and out in over 2000 hours on GT6. Any body got any tips on how to get an invite or is it completely random?

Of course it should be an option that goes without saying, but if it works as a tire wear on/off switch then it shouldn't be a factor in a sprint race. If there are several rates of tire wear then I can understand how one of them might affect a sprint race.

Why not though?

Why not though?
Already explained. Super fast tire wear is something that's limited to only the very softest of compounds, basically qualifying tires. Racing tires are designed to give even wear and grip until the point where they wear out almost completely. So if you have a situation where it's tire wear on or tire wear off and no gradients, then it will be very unrealistic, dare I say, arcadish.

I'm still yet to be invited to the Beta. I've applied from day 1,

I'm at the same boat and I can't even order the game from PSN Store. I'm starting to think that maybe this is the karma trying to tell me to stay away of this product. I have ordered pCARS 2 and I'll stick with that.

It really shouldn't be a factor in a sprint race though. Unless you are using a qualifying tire compound there really isn't much fall off of grip in any purpose-built race tire in just a few laps.
But it can affect outcome of a race at the very beginning since some cars warm up their tires faster than others. In such situation the Evora would still be in a disadvantageous position. Its tires may last longer, but until they warm up, FWD cars matched in performance have the edge.

Does this one have an option for a horn button?
I want to use my horn so much.
:lol:

what I am still hoping by the end of this beta (or the next one if they do it), is a night race. Not for the sake of the racing but because I want to see how the headlights work. As I am sure most noticed in GT5 and GT6, on most tracks, only your headlights would shine on the track at night (exceptions being Le Mans and SSRX). With the PS4, I am hoping to see that each and every car on track shows light from the head and tail lights like they should, and not just be limited to your car (or in SSRX, yours and whatever car is closest to you on track).

It isn't entirely an important feature but I'd like to see absolute proof in-game with my own eyes that it's been fixed

But it can affect outcome of a race at the very beginning since some cars warm up their tires faster than others. In such situation the Evora would still be in a disadvantageous position. Its tires may last longer, but until they warm up, FWD cars matched in performance have the edge.

Wait, what? A fast FWD is going to be frighteningly loose in the early laps until the rears come up to temp....and that's even with my spending my outlap before the start intentionally dragging the rear round to put as much heat in them as possible....on 90°+ days.

The stream is back up after it crashed, my internet is getting 7.6 megabites, which is good for me. So I don't think the problem is on my end.

The tire wear in the new update is just ridiculous. 3 laps on Dragon Trail (GR.3 car) with hard racing tires and the grip is down to maybe 75%.
That means the tires are only last roughly 12-15 laps, which are in this case about 60-75 km.
For example a F1 hard component tire could last about 300 km and the GTE cars in LeMan run about 580 km with one set of tires.

The tire wear in the new update is just ridiculous. 3 laps on Dragon Trail (GR.3 car) with hard racing tires and the grip is down to maybe 75%.
That means the tires are only last roughly 12-15 laps, which are in this case about 60-75 km.
For example a F1 hard component tire could last about 300 km and the GTE cars in LeMan run about 580 km with one set of tires.

I believe it's just for the purpose of the beta. so we can test the grip levels in the short races we have available. They'll probably last longer in the full game when we have longer races as well. I do agree that there's a bit too much wear now, makes the last lap really hard. :P I noticed if you save tyres a little bit you can gain quite some time/positions in that last lap. Others who've been pushing in all the other laps will be going really slow or making a lot of mistakes then.

But as some people have said already, FWD cars are now useless, besides for setting a quick qualifying time. Because of the tyre wear it's just impossible to drive them in the race with good pace once the tyres get below 50%. Did 2 Gr4 races with the Scirocco but had to give up. Ended up getting a way better result with the GTR after that.

The FWD cars are useless now sadly. Tried a GR.4 race and I barely could complete the last lap.

Sad to hear the Scirocco is no longer an option for winning.:( Makes the GR.4 grid even more uniform with the GT-R as the only AWD car.

Everything in the Beta is there to test in a small but live online environment. As the races are only 12 minutes long tops, it wouldn't be much use to have tyres that last for 5 hours, as there'd be almost no visible wear.

So wear is artificially accelerated - just like you could do in GT5 and GT6's online room settings.

Am I going crazy or is this a significant rattle of the cage? I keep getting reminded Kaz was surprised to find people enjoying the beta the way it panned out. He said it's only a beta. Day 1 updates have become huge. What if he initiates a craze around betas. Seriously, what is GT Sport? I'm waiting for the launch day. Will it be bigger than the GT6 launch?

PD are crazy. In a good way. I would want to be there. On Mars. Or Madrid.

Last edited:
Am I going crazy or is this a significant rattle of the cage? I keep getting reminded Kaz was surprised to find people enjoying the beta the way it panned out. He said it's only a beta. Day 1 updates have become huge. What if he initiates a craze around betas. Seriously, what is GT Sport? I'm waiting for the launch day. Will it be bigger than the GT6 launch?

Beta testing, through this version of GTS, is the best thing that PD has ever done with its new chapters born from ps3 onwards.
What was lacking in PD to make their Better product to step with the times, was the direct contact with the users with their suggestions, this beta is doing this very well.

Last edited:
The mechanical damage modeling is a joke, its frankly vexing. Seems to be a copy and paste of the damage modeling from GT5, and you still have to be going 200kph to get any sort of damage. Hopefully they make a significant change before the beta runs out, there is no excuse for not implementing good mechanical damage modeling.

Last edited:
Beta testing, through this version of GTS, is the best thing that PD has ever done with its new chapters born from ps3 onwards.
What was lacking in PD to make their Better product to step with the times, was the direct contact with the users with their suggestions, this beta is doing this very well.
It is exactly what PD needs to do.

This bit, in particular, is a good sign in conjunction to user feedback:

The mechanical damage modeling is a joke, its frankly vexing. Seems to be a copy and paste of the damage modeling from GT5, and you still have to be going 200kph to get any sort of damage. Hopefully they make a significant change before the beta runs out, there is no excuse for good mechanical damage modeling.
What are some of the things you expect the damage model to portray?

Back