GT Sport Beta - Update 1.08

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 240 comments
My wheel went out suddenly tonight, then maybe 1 second later my pedals went out. My T300 just kept spinning to the right. Thankfully it wasn't on a fast lap or in a race. A quick unplug/replug and everything worked great for another hour or more. Anyone else experience this? I am using a USB 3 hub which I may not plug my wheel into anymore if it happens again.

Jerome

Finally got the update installed. Went to try Dragon Trail and wow, they've changed the time of day to what appears to be a dawn/Morning time. Scenery has change abit as well and it might just be me, but it appears the Curbs have been changed abit again (along with the Bus Stop Chicane at the end). Will have to wait until the races to try out the new Tire wear as such but so far I'm sorta dumbfounded by what I see 👍

Fired up the beta after a couple months and the handling seems back to normal. Much better, though the brake sensitivity is extremely high. I've got my G27 pedals setup, so maybe that's the issue.

Still, there's not much keeping me interested to play. I'll wait until the full game releases.

If we look at the goodwood demo we also see the repair aerodynamic parts, so I guess the ultimate damage will be deeper, both at visual and practical level.

PS:
In the forum beta, date feedback even on mechanical damage, If they can may insert more variables such as transmission damage.
It would be nice if the from engine comes out of the smoke once it's damaged, and if it breaks a suspension or a wheel, you can see it also give them visually.

As I wrote in the other discussion.

Much easier to properly drift with the new physics update. You actually have to counter steer now instead of just letting the car slide and auto settle by not touching the wheel.

It is exactly what PD needs to do.

This bit, in particular, is a good sign in conjunction to user feedback:
What are some of the things you expect the damage model to portray?

The damage model needs to be more robust than it is, you shouldn't be driving 200kph into a barrier to simply get a damaged suspension, beyond that you shouldn't be driving 200kph AFTER getting a damaged suspension. Even if they refuse to have such a crash be 'game ending' they should atleast limit ones speed, anyways, it's a Beta right! Let's see if they would improve it by the final game.

Last edited:
DT's new time of day is lovely. Much trickier to nail the braking point for the first chicane now that the sun is in your face. The mountain looks lovely as well.

I'm lead to believe that the "fuel-limiter" option is just a fancy phrase for power limiter + different speeds of fuel consumption. Why do I think that? 'Cause PD is PD.

The PS website still has the beta sign-up. Signed up for mine, here's hoping they open again.

I applied once every month since it has been open. That's okay that I haven't been selected, I can wait until "Fall 2017".

---

Mechanical damage looks the same as the previous entries, and I'm glad to see tire and fuel depletion. I loved racing with no assists and having these turned on. My favorite was to drive SSRX and so how far a car could go or how long of a burnout I could do before the tires said "0".

Please tell me only the aggressor gets the penalty? If the victim is also penalized then this could be abused.

Manny times when i get pushed of the track i still get the orange rating so if its a bit wild race you get a red rating at the end. Iam not lijing this i was S but getting lower and lower every race.

Please tell me only the aggressor gets the penalty? If the victim is also penalized then this could be abused.
I don't believe any game has developed an algorithm for determining who is the aggressor in all situations and I don't expect it in GTS either.

I don't believe any game has developed an algorithm for determining who is the aggressor in all situations and I don't expect it in GTS either.
I always find this curious.

By definition, games have instant access to telemetry. It'd take a human or three a couple of minutes to have a look at throttle, brake, steering and g-meters of any two cars in any given situation and work out who boinked who and where and be almost always right*. Why can't games do the same thing and give an appropriate penalty in, say, 15 seconds?

*It's not a simple matter, but most of the time the car that suddenly experiences forward acceleration while braking in a braking zone with the throttle closed is the one that has been hit, while the one that suddenly experiences deceleration beyond what the application of the brakes should allow or with the throttle open is the one that has done the hitting. That's going to account for at least 75% of incidents - but even if it's only 50% of them and the game gets it wrong 10% of the time, that's better than 100% of collisions giving both of you penalties...

I always find this curious.

By definition, games have instant access to telemetry. It'd take a human or three a couple of minutes to have a look at throttle, brake, steering and g-meters of any two cars in any given situation and work out who boinked who and where and be almost always right*. Why can't games do the same thing and give an appropriate penalty in, say, 15 seconds?

*It's not a simple matter, but most of the time the car that suddenly experiences forward acceleration while braking in a braking zone with the throttle closed is the one that has been hit, while the one that suddenly experiences deceleration beyond what the application of the brakes should allow or with the throttle open is the one that has done the hitting. That's going to account for at least 75% of incidents - but even if it's only 50% of them and the game gets it wrong 10% of the time, that's better than 100% of collisions giving both of you penalties...
I would think a lot of the front to back stuff would be easier to figure out. Defined braking zones, for example, where blame is automatically assigned to the rear car in a two car incident, would be a simple one. I would also think that deliberate incidents, where on car turns into another, would be relatively easy as well.

Kaz said at E3 there will be 1 or 2 updates before the beta ends.

It was at 1.05 then so this may be the last update and soon a end for the beta?

You can, but due to the DS4's face buttons not being pressure sensitive as they were in the past, it'd be somewhat difficult to drive.

Buy a DS4 2.0, they do have pressure sensitive face buttons.

Last saturday (8th of july):

Race 1 @ dragontrail Gr.3:

End of first lap when exiting the highspeed chicane in sector 3 someone put me into the side-railing: +1,5second penalty (i was banged into, couldnt keep car from hitting the barrier).

Race 2 @ dragontrail Gr.3:

Race starts; the entire pack moving to the first chicane -i started in p3 & held my place into the braking zone-, as i nailed the apex someone used me as a brake -smashed right into my rear bumper- instant 10second penalty given to me... I quit the race and lost S sportsmanship ranking and my A driver ranking.

I haven't raced since. There's no point in me trying to race if I nail my braking & apex just to receive a 10second penalty because someone else decides to use my ride as a brake (braking mistakes happen but this was a clear case of banging into the guy ahead of you without using brakes).

I really hope PD fixes this... otherwise there'll be no point in playing sport mode for me, :/

Last edited:
Buy a DS4 2.0, they do have pressure sensitive face buttons.

Last saturday (8th of july):

Race 1 @ dragontrail Gr.3:

End of first lap when exiting the highspeed chicane in sector 3 someone put me into the side-railing: +1,5second penalty (i was banged into, couldnt keep car from hitting the barrier).

Race 2 @ dragontrail Gr.3:

Race starts; the entire pack moving to the first chicane -i started in p3 & held my place into the braking zone-, as i nailed the apex someone used me as a brake -smashed right into my rear bumper- instant 10second penalty given to me... I quit the race and lost S sportsmanship ranking and my A driver ranking.

I haven't raced since. There's no point in me trying to race if I nail my braking & apex just to receive a 10second penalty because someone else decides to use my ride as a brake (braking mistakes happen but this was a clear case of banging into the guy ahead of you without using brakes).

I really hope PD fixes this... otherwise there'll be no point in playing sport mode for me, :/
I reported this bug and I'm waiting for the correction, because this penalty system does not exist
My SR fell from S to B

Back