GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Trying to go to the options triggers a crash. I'm using a PS4 Pro.

I had that in the beta as well, I started playing some driving school events and later it was fine.

I think maybe you need to play for 15 mins or something first and have the game save you once before options work.

If you try at a later time I’m sure it will work.

no bugs for me to report yet, I have the game as preorder, though I have yet to get a PS4.

I'm in no rush, I'll let you folks lose your hair over the first 5 updates first.

I guy, i preorder the deluxe edition and the game suppose to give me 8 + 3 cars + Credits .. well i got "only" the extra credits but not the cars, on my garage i still have only the Renault Megane, it happened to someone else?

Pretty rock solid for me!

I have had only one issue. In photomode, the game locked up while rendering a photo. I've taken a LOT of photos in this game and the beta, and this is the only time I have seen a hang. I have saved PS4 video for over 20 minutes of play prior to that incident, so if there's someone associated with the dev team who can use that, let me know via PM or something.

This is such a great experience, especially since I've been using another game and recorded well over 20 significant issues in a very few hours of play.

Huge thanks to the Polyphony team for a super, fun, reliable game. It's awesome!

Environment for the above issue = PS4 Pro, LG OLED 4K HDR TV, G920 via Drive Hub appearing as G29, surround sound

Delete your games save data and settings file from your PS4's "Application Saved Data Management"... To fix the black border, go into your PS4's "Sound and Screen" settings, Select "Display Area Settings" and adjust your "Display Area" border to fit your entire screen

Just encountered a bug here, it’d be nice if any of you can offer any suggestions.

I downloaded GT Sport, and after fiddling with all the HDR/SDR and saturation/brightness settings, I found out that there is a black border around the screen, so I went to the options menu to fix it. However, once I opened the Options tab in GT Menu, the system encountered a bug (which has a code of CE-38700-8), the screen froze for a while, and the game automatically closed itself. Everytime I opened the Options tab, this happens, and the same also applies when I open the My Menu tab. But when I do anything else, everything is fine.

I have reported it to Sony with a video, but right now, is there any way to fix it?

Thank you for this info, I'll give it a try.

I got two Peugeot 908 HDi's from the preorder (and/or the Limited as well). They were both available at first, but all of a sudden, now one has an error. Has anyone else gotten this? Checked my PSN store to make sure all my DLC cars were downloaded.
22539729_10214966952026652_8703249777343134626_n.jpg

22491596_10214966951986651_2785097159675952981_n.jpg

I guy, i preorder the deluxe edition and the game suppose to give me 8 + 3 cars + Credits .. well i got "only" the extra credits but not the cars, on my garage i still have only the Renault Megane, it happened to someone else?
Did you get a code to enter in ps store to download the cars.

I played the beta of Gran Turismo Sport after pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition, digital downloads, both. After the beta's play time expired, my PS4 automatically downloaded Gran Turismo Sport Deluxe Edition in advance of the day it became available to play. When the Deluxe Edition became available to me for play, I updated it to V1.02 and then booted up the game. That's when I noticed something crazy. I never received the 2.5 million in-game credits for the Deluxe Edition! All the rest of the stuff worked fine--the car packages were there and the beta transfers worked, including the 400,000-or-so money credits that I earned in the beta edition. Everything carried over, but the Deluxe Edition & regular edition money isn't there. Where's the rest of my money?

Is anyone else having a problem shifting? I noticed with an H-pattern shifter I'm not able to use the clutch and shift properly. I'm doing the first driving school mission in the Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15. I can shift through the gears with the clutch pushed in all way while standing still. But once I start actually driving shifting from first to second gear doesn't work reliably

Edit: I noticed it is more reliable to shift from 1st to 2nd gear if traction control is on 1 or higher. But it is nearly impossible to shift (also very slow with paddles) when you turn off traction control. This seems very strange to me

Last edited:
Is anyone else having a problem shifting? I noticed with an H-pattern shifter I'm not able to use the clutch and shift properly. I'm doing the first driving school mission in the Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15. I can shift through the gears with the clutch pushed in all way while standing still. But once I start actually driving shifting from first to second gear doesn't work reliably

Edit: I noticed it is more reliable to shift from 1st to 2nd gear if traction control is on 1 or higher. But it is nearly impossible to shift (also very slow with paddles) when you turn off traction control. This seems very strange to me
You using a thrustmaster wheel PD knows and are going to address the issues according to there site

None of the limited edition car bonuses are showing up in the garage. The add ons were downloaded properly and the money was received, but the cars didn't appear in ththe garage. The racing helmet also is not available. Very frustrating for having paid extra for these bonuses.

You aren't the only one, but I haven't seen any troubleshooting yet. Same boat for me and have attempted restarting game, PS4 and re-redeeming the codes. No luck.

Ok.. so my G29 just gave up the ghost and died whilst redoing the mission tests.. Out of nowhere it re-calibrates and locks to the right then after a few seconds it re-calibrates and locks to the left and constantly follows this pattern even after a restart.. no functions on the wheel are usable when it is doing this and I need to use the DS4 to take control of the PS4 again 👎 I never had this issue with the BETA, and it's so soon into the game start??

Anyone else having wheel issues? Thanks in advance 👍

Yep Im having the same problem with the H pattern shifter along with intermittent throttle with high power cars.

Here are two links to my youtube channel showing the intermittent throttle problems I am having using a T500RS.

The problem is worse with higher powered cars. It like traction control is completely maxed out but I turn it off every time.

I have noticed the problem is worse if the car slides.

The clutch doesnt work most of the time (so the H pattern shifter doesnt work properly then).

Its pretty undriveable because you dont know how much throttle you have at the apex and you get passed down the straights most of the time, because of this I can barely get bronze medals at times.

Please share it to Poloyphony's Facebook and Twitter accounts, (I dont have Twitter), hopefully they can fix it because the game really is unplayable at the moment.

I have invested $1200 Australian into my sim rig, $500 for the VR headset and another $500 for the PS4 pro + $90 for the game, you can imagine how frustrated i am !

I have ZERO problems with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa and whats funny is my steering wheel has the GT logo on it !

Thanks.

I got two Peugeot 908 HDi's from the preorder (and/or the Limited as well). They were both available at first, but all of a sudden, now one has an error. Has anyone else gotten this? Checked my PSN store to make sure all my DLC cars were downloaded.

I have the same thing. It is really getting on my nerves, I wish I could just sell the car or delete it at least.

The exact same thing happened to me. I spent a lot of mileage points upgrading the car that I can no longer use, so that makes this bug extra special. I've only played this game for 30 minutes and I'm already incredibly annoyed.

I'm not getting any response. Is anybody listening?

I never received the 500,000 credits or the extra 2 million that come with pre-ordering the deluxe edition digital download. The only credits I had were the credits rolled over from the beta version.

Last edited:
I have a t500rs, t3pa pedals and the th8 h pattern shifter.

I am unable to do most of the licenses because I dont get full throttle.

I turn off all driving aids including traction control but the throttle is intermittent (like as if traction control is maxed out all the time).

On assetto corsa and project cars everything works fine but on gt sport it craps out, its extremely frustrating.

I tried to upload a video to youtube to show you guys the problem and I keep getting an error.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with intermittent throttle ?

Its especially bad on the license test with the mazda atenza race car, you would think polyphony (after the many years it took for them to make the game) would have sorted this stuff out.

I have the beta now and I cant play it, Im seriously thinking of cancelling my pre order because whats the point if I cant play it ?

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem, please let me know if you get a solution to this. I am having little to no throttle and the braking is also bad.

Thank you.

Bought two sets of wheels out of the Mileage store, but can only see/use the second set. The first set doesn't show up, but going back to the "store", it shows as purchased.

Logitech driving force G29 problem Gran Turismo sport. Playstation 4.

I sit in a wheelchair and therefore I do not get the gas and the brake fitted to the gears behind the wheel. There is no such thing as a game setting. In previous games this was possible. Is there any solution to this problem? Foot pedals can not be used.

Got a problem with the throttle not responding in the first license test when I have traction control switched off.
Also have the traction control symbol lighting up in all game modes when I have it disabled. Using a T150

Thrustmaster t300 ffb bug. Wheel is too strong even if you set ffb strength to 1.

This is my issue also with T300rs on latest firmware. The in game FFB settings don't seem to have much effect on the strength, and the lowest settings are way to strong. The Beta was not like this, really need to get the FFB range closer to what the Beta had.

Today I was racing in a lobby with some friends and realized my car setups don't apply for race sometimes. They apply in a practice but when a race starts it resets to default.

Need to investigate when and why it doesn't apply the setup.

Rewards notification will not go away. It always says “blah blah blah please clain your bonus” but you do not get to claim anything, it usually just goes to some scenery background for taking photos.

Also, I keep getting “could not save online, blah blah” when in the middle of a challenge. which makes it hard to see what you are doing. Seriously, it’s like a fall-on-your-sword sort of thing that should bring much shame to famiry.

Latest Posts

Back