GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
I'm unsure, but is it me or someone had applied the brakes at a race start? I've been observing several times when the back half of the field suddenly crawled to an absurdly slow speed before the countdown to start line. Practically made race into two categories like Super GT.

Got the bug where someone was stuck on the grid, 3rd place I think, & had to restart the race. Was my own public lobby. Also, got DCD from it...

Found a bug with website, I was tidying up my library yesterday, specifically decals to clear some ones I no longer use.

This morning I've been on Discovr on the website and tried to add a decal and it says My Library is full, is anyone else experiencing this as wondering it's my browser cache or website problem?

Peculiar bug/glitch?? :confused:

If it has been discussed previously I do apologize guys.

Just completed a short race (custom against the AI) in arcade mode.
Quite short at 11 laps, with fuel and tyres maxed at 10x, which required me to pit twice as well as most all the other. (think the leader only pitted once?..I haven't checked that yet...)
Anyway, after lots of pushing and shoving, I clawed my way from 20th to 9th. :)

BUT..............as I crossed the finish line, I noticed my placing falling....falling back to 12th!! :confused: WITHOUT being passed by anyone??
I replayed the final 10 seconds several times and there is only one car close beside me, but still behind in 10th place.
He magically jumped to 9th, the guy way behind us jumped from 11th to 10th, and a guy waaaaay back went from 12th to 11th.
meanwhile, my placing tumbled from 9th to 12th in a matter of seconds without a single car passing.

Just noticed a little bug yesterday when doing qualifying. I drive hoodcam and when switching to chasecam the sound of the car sounds harder. When returning to hoodcam you keep the same soundvolume but when you look behind while still in hoodcam and look in front of you again it looks like the volume turns down to what the default volume is of the hoodcam. Nothing special tho...

I've run into this the past few weeks...it is a glitch. Some driver are getting pit stops that are 1 second shorter than what they are supposed to be. You're not getting stuck, they are getting an unfair/unintended boost.

Is this bug still alive and well? It sure looks like it.
Seems every time I pit on Race C on Monza, I enter with pretty much the same amount of fuel as the 2-3 cars behind me (which are an identical Mustang to me usually), I take the bare minimum to get to the end of the race which according to the list on the left is the same amount as what the others take, sometimes like 1-2% of a tank more or less. Yet I exit the pits behind the 2-3 cars that I was ahead of, meaning in the pit stop I lose roughly 1-1.5 seconds vs. other drivers in literally the same car as me. It's been happening fairly consistently all day (this is the first day I've done this current Race C). This meant in one race I dropped from 2nd to 6th during the pit stop, where the car in 1st (who was also in the pit) raised the gap from 3s upon entry to roughly 5-6s upon my exit.

I don't know how to record the races etc. for proof, but this is the exact same thing that happened to me on Gr.2 races at Fuji etc. earlier in May. It's very frustrating because it's destroying every race C I do (other than the usual mass of ramming and penalties on Monza).

I noticed a small thing this week when doing the All Japan GT Championship with the Group 2 cars in offline campaign that it puts non Japanese cars from Grp3 on the grid to make up some of the place numbers, surely this series should only allow Group 2 cars?

I noticed a small thing this week when doing the All Japan GT Championship with the Group 2 cars in offline campaign that it puts non Japanese cars from Grp3 on the grid to make up some of the place numbers, surely this series should only allow Group 2 cars?

It has always been a multi class race with GR3 cars.

It has always been a multi class race with GR3 cars.

Okay, it still goes against the race descriptor though -

All Japan GT Car Championships

A race for the Group 2 category; pure racing cars maintaining the look and feel of road cars.

Have nothing against this but if it's going to be having random Group 3 cars at least pick the Japanese ones as all I saw in the race were BMW's,
Mercs and Jaguar's - not very Japanese when there is Lexus/Nissan/Toyota etc.

Okay, it still goes against the race descriptor though -

All Japan GT Car Championships

A race for the Group 2 category; pure racing cars maintaining the look and feel of road cars.

Have nothing against this but if it's going to be having random Group 3 cars at least pick the Japanese ones as all I saw in the race were BMW's,
Mercs and Jaguar's - not very Japanese when there is Lexus/Nissan/Toyota etc.

This isn't a bug. This is just a general complaint that has no merit.
In Super GT (fka JGTC) the GT300 field has for years and years been a mix of Lexus, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Subaru, Audi, Porsche, etc etc. What you see as a "bug" is exactly what one would expect from the multi-class field of JGTC/Super GT.

This isn't a bug. This is just a general complaint that has no merit.
In Super GT (fka JGTC) the GT300 field has for years and years been a mix of Lexus, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Subaru, Audi, Porsche, etc etc. What you see as a "bug" is exactly what one would expect from the multi-class field of JGTC/Super GT.

Yes which as I've said I've no issue with but they should at least make the event for both classes for the player so it matches the real event.

One of my custom liveries for the Gr.1 Hyundai has a two-digit race number which is disabled by default, and is only displayed during Sport Mode time trials/free practice. However, on a number of occasions during practice for last Saturday's Nations Cup race, I found a graphical glitch with the number itself; the first digit failed to render, leaving one half of the red square blank. This occurred on the car itself as well as the accompanying ghost car:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190525200617.png

Immediately after the race, I went into the Livery Editor to see if the race numbers showed up correctly there, which they did. A further check earlier today confirmed to me that both digits were being shown as normal when I selected 'Numbers On' in the Livery Editor.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190527125115.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190527125145.png

I don't recall coming across that visual glitch before - has anyone else had this issue?

I tried a practice race C at Susuka today in the arcade-custom race section.
Set the fuel at x3 and tire wear at the max-x10. Estimated fuel was 24 laps (I think)
and there was no tire wear till around lap 5. I tried several settings and it was always
the same, they both seemed to be stuck on 1 no matter where you set it.

I do not know if this should be considered a bug but here goes nothing:

· A whole lot of cars, even on HARD difficulty, tap the brakes before going through Fordwater (Goodwood Motor Circuit).

This is driving me insane because that kink is minimal and it makes no sense! WTF is wrong with Polyphony's AI!?

Leap.jpg

This is weird..... I tried Nostalgic Sports after updating earlier (been away too long at the Gr.1 for credits!!).
Decided to use the real easy car, the 330 P4.
Before it had even handed control or finished the 3-2-1 countdown, going around the chicane to the start line at La Sarthe, the car went flying into the air and smacked into the barrier!

So, I tried it again.... same thing. No pressing on accelerator, brake, nothing, not even handed control.

So, I tried the Jag and it was fine.

Went back to the Ferrari - flew into the air. I did save the replay but do not have a youtube account so no idea how to get it up here.
I thought maybe it was that "hit a cone" thing - but replay shows it didn't hit one..... front end just lifts and into the wall I go.

Can someone else give it a try??

Last edited:
This was a first for me, if this already happened before 1.39.

I recently did a Goodwood lobby with a bunch of others when the servers got back up. During the race, one guy went to the pits and stayed there, but at the end of the race he finished 3rd when he wasn’t with us the whole time.

With Update 1.39 the left joystick on a Fanatec "ClubSport F1 Esports Wheel" no longer works.
Till 1.38 I used the stick for the HUD. Now it is already set in the wheel configurations, but it doesn't works!
I know that this option does only work with supported wheels, but till yesterday it was supported ;)

The joystick also works in the PS4 menu, but not in the Game, so there is no error at the joystick

With Update 1.39 the left joystick on a Fanatec "ClubSport F1 Esports Wheel" no longer works.
Till 1.38 I used the stick for the HUD. Now it is already set in the wheel configurations, but it doesn't works!
I know that this option does only work with supported wheels, but till yesterday it was supported ;)

The joystick also works in the PS4 menu, but not in the Game, so there is no error at the joystick

I've got the same issue, used mine for camera. I can't use my stick in the game menus outside of as an X button, but works in PS4 menus

Also I'm getting random numbers on the digital display during online lobbies, any idea what those are?

The joystick also works in the PS4 menu, but not in the Game, so there

EDIT: Fix was to update wheel drivers, lights now work for gears and speed and the joystick works again

The Jag XJ13 '66 shows up in the Nostalgic Car Festival. So far I've only run across it at Goodwood. Look at position number 7.

svn-9HLuGxvc5d20MsOSheuKon5aOfI6OwFbjEymwdc_CCCVSm01Xr08xFaUl8xQhY2uOSki7oWp9X6CpqixxfObT_dhnqcv1Ezrg4X5Luv3YeX9H9JB0JEW5stJW0NN8OqNPM8hFaL3zYquPKkfCyLqpkleT0ycR3NKMWn4Rqye3KW_NinOmgzFvo8kQ8PVSyAIn5D4rpfR4ocxg7d6aP4ke2Lgwi_jlAeuhJRZGQXFLHeIDnQwp8_WZ3lum7sKDerBWa7rf_a1-yZhOjOAI4XsiVEEpGxWQhgmjMqQXvdWNqQvsgUivHGVYSrbcZXN5YUblcMW_FMvEKYtThP2g_oaZkzFM8DOVA55r6VHbdKAMk9PwnJLFQQ2coayanKtzsccjjwLIWxp6iAqmQrJ_H-nIRFE_cT-OzSi3CTFIWL2LhGOa_vsw22YcGiTqsPb06lQN-F2Gbp06N-4iyE3l1OZXcHrGq-l8HYiehoN93w2OMDKqi0BpAUpXkpoa4dGdY-8SdnYV8XfLZxdMceBi_qFkxj3RnqE9_7ZQuA32KyqQBcTtxvj2r8CP-ZuJvGrFHuuVXse8aDCw-p2gbYhxMWc9P95DMVK8VYH4t2h4lJoAkYXJnV2Fqn-n_AdgXSeHcck7XEToOcxS4eSYZuW1mXAyxrY9Ao=w1607-h904-no

View attachment 824186
This is weird..... I tried Nostalgic Sports after updating earlier (been away too long at the Gr.1 for credits!!).
Decided to use the real easy car, the 330 P4.
Before it had even handed control or finished the 3-2-1 countdown, going around the chicane to the start line at La Sarthe, the car went flying into the air and smacked into the barrier!

So, I tried it again.... same thing. No pressing on accelerator, brake, nothing, not even handed control.

So, I tried the Jag and it was fine.

Went back to the Ferrari - flew into the air. I did save the replay but do not have a youtube account so no idea how to get it up here.
I thought maybe it was that "hit a cone" thing - but replay shows it didn't hit one..... front end just lifts and into the wall I go.

Can someone else give it a try??

Have decided not to edit earlier post (and will probably get slapped wrist for it!) because I want post "new and fresh" to see if anyone else has this.

It only happens with the 330 P4 at la Sarthe. The only way to stop it is to drop power to 107% - at 108% the leaping off the track comes back.

There was a minor issue at Sainte-Croix where about half way around the track, and when accelerating out of a bend, the front end reared up!

All fine at Monza. Doesn't happen with Jag or Ford, and never tried the Renault!

Has nobody else experienced this?? It's a big bug!

Back