GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Bad coding 101: Storing state in the GUI (or somewhere else where it makes no sense)

1. I (rage) quit a race by pressing the option button and letting it run on auto-pilot
After a while, the red message appears, which is obviously correct during the race.

2. Entered a new Quali session. If I now press option -> red message still there -> PIC 1
3. Entered the next race and the quali. If I press option -> PIC 2

20200304_211726[1].jpg
20200304_212048[1].jpg

It's not a bug, it's a (stupid) feature:
In qualifying, when you get a penalty, you now 'serve' it in the following lap.
As much as I disliked the previous 'both laps are void', this even makes less sense.

The obvious solution (for qualifying, mind you)
1. Any penalty during a lap will add to the total time (or void that lap if stewards are really strict)
2. A penalty in the last sector will "carry over" to the next lap (or void it in 'strict' mode)

Last edited by a moderator:
After this update, when I go to the gallery to watch a replay and I press the forward button while watching it, the game always crashes. Blue screen. Every single time.
Anyone else?
Ok so I found that this error was because I ran out of game space for replay savings.... It was my own problem, not related to the last updated, but its still a glitch

A bug seems to be present with the Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge added with this DLC, when I was racing it at Autopolis today in Daily Race A
the hazards/indicators and lights did not seem to respond when pressing the buttons but then randomly appeared when I was turning
corners later in the race.

Can provide a video if required but first time I've seen an issue with lights/hazards on a car.

I set the camera to Chase view near, with 0 camera sensitivity and 0 offset. It worked wonderful, but every time I restart the game, the camera sensitivity is not 0. If I open the settings, it indicates, that it is 0, but it isn't, the cam follows the car immediately, not loose. If I touch the setting, for example I set it to 1 and then immediately back to 0, the setting will be applied. I already have deleted temp data, restarted a dozenz of times, but the issue persists.

I'm experiencing issues after update 1.56:

- slow loading screens on Career mode (taking up to 2 minutes);
- menu freezes with background music interruptions when transitioning to home or while on Discover session;
- can't join in online races on GT Sport (error NE-2109c09c keeps showing up)

I tried restarting the game and the console without success. Then I performed a database rebuild on PS4 and the freezes seem to have stopped, although loading times are still slower than usual. Apparently this is a GT Sport issue, since I haven't noticed any problems on other games.
My PS4 is a 1TB Slim, currently with132 GB of free storage.
Is anyone experiencing the same? Does anyone have any clue what this problen might be? Thanks in advance.

I am trying to do Mission Challenge 8.8
GR.3 Nurburgring Final:4 Laps

I set the fuel mix to 2. I intended to Pit at the end of my second lap, however the game will now allow it. I begin to enter the pit then I am placed at the Pit exit, without tires or fuel. I drove back down and attempted entry several times. The glitch happened every time. Obviously Im very unhappy. This is a particularly long and annoying race, not much fun as it is. The last thing I want is to be forced to do it multiple times.

I am trying to do Mission Challenge 8.8
GR.3 Nurburgring Final:4 Laps

I set the fuel mix to 2. I intended to Pit at the end of my second lap, however the game will now allow it. I begin to enter the pit then I am placed at the Pit exit, without tires or fuel. I drove back down and attempted entry several times. The glitch happened every time. Obviously Im very unhappy. This is a particularly long and annoying race, not much fun as it is. The last thing I want is to be forced to do it multiple times.

If you enter the pit after the cones start you'll get reset. The end.

I set the camera to Chase view near, with 0 camera sensitivity and 0 offset. It worked wonderful, but every time I restart the game, the camera sensitivity is not 0. If I open the settings, it indicates, that it is 0, but it isn't, the cam follows the car immediately, not loose. If I touch the setting, for example I set it to 1 and then immediately back to 0, the setting will be applied. I already have deleted temp data, restarted a dozenz of times, but the issue persists.

I'm also looking for a fix for this. I use 3-0-far and it keeps resetting to something other than that. Really annoying as I'm slower and inconsistent without my preferred settings. Have to manually reset it every race.

Created a new account today with a name and new psn screen name.

The name on the account shows in the chat, yet my psn screen name is shown on the grid. When I chat with people they have absolutely no clue who they are chatting with.

I think this is absolutely hilarious and got a good laugh from it. What sort of mindless operation is PD running here?

Created a new account today with a name and new psn screen name.

The name on the account shows in the chat, yet my psn screen name is shown on the grid. When I chat with people they have absolutely no clue who they are chatting with.

I think this is absolutely hilarious and got a good laugh from it. What sort of mindless operation is PD running here?

Don't worry it's all a test to make GT6 I mean GTS sorry I mean GT7 good.

That A driver was an arrogant ****. There is a certain Australian YouTuber who gives off the same vibe. Talks of slower drivers as "Noobs" The Ugly Australian lives.

View attachment 890801 View attachment 890802

Not sure if this is the right place to post but my "matching" is throwing out some very odd results. See above.

I have redacted the names as I'm not sure if publishing them is allowed.

These are just a selection of several screenshots covering grids from the past 48 hours or so. To be fair, I have also been in lobbies where the matching seemed fair/appropriate.

Now I appreciate the comments about player numbers and play times etc, but really?

In my most recent race, in Race C, an "A" driver parked his car on the start/finish to allow the field to pass then proceeded to pick off all the "D" drivers, presumably because he could.

I thought matching was supposed to be fair?

Edit: Duplicated picture

Edit 18/02/2020: No change following change in Daily races. It’s now getting to a point where finding a race comprised solely of folks at my level is a very rare occasion. Screenshot folder getting full. Pity I have no way of sending them to PD. Not going to update this any further, looking rather pointless really.

I can't use my H-Shifter and Clutch on the Daily Race this week with the GT86 in Sport Mode. Even though i can use it in practice with the same car. In the setup the Manual Transmission is chosen but it doesn't work as such. It's not a very good bug.

I can't use my H-Shifter and Clutch on the Daily Race this week with the GT86 in Sport Mode. Even though i can use it in practice with the same car. In the setup the Manual Transmission is chosen but it doesn't work as such. It's not a very good bug.
The clutch was disabled for online multiplayer some considerable time ago, and it is not a bug.

So this is a pretty big bug if it hasn’t already been stated.

I went to make a livery just now and went to check my saved decal collection and it’s completely empty. I probably had about 200 saved.

Anyone else experiencing this?

During the GR3 Bathurst Endurance race one of the helicopters occasionally looks as if it is about to crash. Most noticeable on the long downhill run off the mountain.

Hello RacingGranpa,

Yes, server issue.
It is the first time I can see this message at the bottom left, in yellow : Server has a problem
Maybe too much players trying to connect.
gtsport-005.jpg

Problem only in Europe ?
Last minute : it seems nobody can connect now in France, server issue !
Bye !

Last edited:
Hello RacingGranpa,

Yes, server issue.
It is the first time I can see this message at the bottom left, in yellow : Server has a problem
Maybe too much players trying to connect.
gtsport-005.jpg

Problem only in Europe ?
Bye !
I've also experienced this as well. I was unable to find the decals I had added to my collection. I refused to create another livery because of this. When I tried to return to GTS today, I found out the servers were disabled. The above issues shall be fixed soon enough.

Hi everyone, I am new here.
I did the manufacturer series in slot 1 ytd, got 101 points with a 3rd place finish.
But when I did the Slot 2, the lag got so bad that I had to escape and quit the race (the servers had issues all day)
When I logged into GT Sport and tried to do slot 5, the points earned from slot 1 race disappeared completely.
Any ideas on what happened, and how can I contact PD for this one? I have the slot 1 race replay saved as well.
Thanks!

But when I did the Slot 2, the lag got so bad that I had to escape and quit the race (the servers had issues all day)
When I logged into GT Sport and tried to do slot 5, the points earned from slot 1 race disappeared completely.

Welcome!

I think your problem lies in the 2 sentences from your post I've quoted. If you started another race, the points from that overwrite the previous ones from that day. e.g. If you score 100 points in slot 1, then race slot 3 and score 20 points, it's the 20 points you are credited with. It's the final slot you race in which counts, not the one with the highest score.

Hi everyone, I am new here.
I did the manufacturer series in slot 1 ytd, got 101 points with a 3rd place finish.
Any ideas on what happened, and how can I contact PD for this one? I have the slot 1 race replay saved as well.
Thanks!
Only your last race counts in the FIA series races and always has. Not a bug.

Hey guys,

New to the forum, but not new to GT.

Im living in China now and have started playing GT sport online since there isnt a lot to do right now, lol.

Strangly enough, I cannot connect to online games? I can see what race's are available, sign up to championships, peform the qualifying race with no issues,

But when it comes to the actual join the race part, It just leaves me on this weird semi black screen ( loading screen I am assuming ). Moving the buttons, I can hear an interaction happening but cant see anything happening. Just now tried to join a 10:30 AM race, peformed qualifying for suzuka with no issues, lodged a 2:12. Go back to main lobby, still have 6 minutes till race starts. I click join race, and I get this black screen ( with barely visible blue swirls in the background ). I just assume its a loading screen while I wait for other players. I go and make a coffee and come back, 10:31 arrives and nothings happened. Pressing X takes me straight back to the main lobby where I can no longer join the race.

Time trails and qualifications are not affected. Just the online races.

Hey guys,

New to the forum, but not new to GT.

Im living in China now and have started playing GT sport online since there isnt a lot to do right now, lol.

Strangly enough, I cannot connect to online games? I can see what race's are available, sign up to championships, peform the qualifying race with no issues,

But when it comes to the actual join the race part, It just leaves me on this weird semi black screen ( loading screen I am assuming ). Moving the buttons, I can hear an interaction happening but cant see anything happening. Just now tried to join a 10:30 AM race, peformed qualifying for suzuka with no issues, lodged a 2:12. Go back to main lobby, still have 6 minutes till race starts. I click join race, and I get this black screen ( with barely visible blue swirls in the background ). I just assume its a loading screen while I wait for other players. I go and make a coffee and come back, 10:31 arrives and nothings happened. Pressing X takes me straight back to the main lobby where I can no longer join the race.

Time trails and qualifications are not affected. Just the online races.

I’m not 100% certain, but I’d guess you are using an account that was registered to another region and since you are playing in China, your Chinese ISP is blocking gt sport from connecting to the server in the region associated with the account.

Unfortunately, unless you use a proxy, you will probably need to create a new account for that region.

I’m not 100% certain, but I’d guess you are using an account that was registered to another region and since you are playing in China, your Chinese ISP is blocking gt sport from connecting to the server in the region associated with the account.

Unfortunately, unless you use a proxy, you will probably need to create a new account for that region.

In this case no, I already assumed this and created a new playstation account registered in China with a chinese email account, so region is not an issue. The game is also aware I am in China, as I received a notice saying that China is not an elligable country for the playstation championship. So no, region is not an issue here.

R8 LMS reports incorrect Lap times and lap deltas in the in-car dash. It reports milliseconds backwards? This is the only car I've come across that does this. I play exclusively with interior view so this may bother me more than others :D
IMG_4940.jpg
IMG_4941.jpg

Used only Hard thru the whole race and got +20 sec penalty. So far twice, last time Manufacturer series 2020 pre series round 3. Think I’ve figured it out. Both those races I made entry well in time and choose practise/free run or whatever name it has. During this run I tested different tyres and eventually settled for Hard before entry time was up. Seems like the tyre changes after me choosing Race Entry and the time Entry really start, triggers the penalty. Anyone else?

Ok! Thanks, had no thought it could be that way. In my world you could choose from these tyres but with penalty using the softer ones. Now races got more interesting!

So, I thought I got it by now but; today I choose RM the whole race because it was the Tyre Requirement. Minimum Tyre Rating was RS and those using that part of the race did not get any penalty. What am I missing?

So, I thought I got it by now but; today I choose RM the whole race because it was the Tyre Requirement. Minimum Tyre Rating was RS and those using that part of the race did not get any penalty. What am I missing?
This doesn't make any sense at all.

You are required to use the mandatory tyre for at least some part of the race. Why would people using it, and also using other available tyres, be penalised? Why would other tyres even be available if you'd be penalised for using them?

Latest Posts

Back