GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Don’t know if this has been posted already but on sport (single player) races, on the Endurance - Gr.3 championship, the last race is 60 minutes around Nürburgring. Every time I pit, I get reset to the start line, the timer also continues as if I’ve not completed a lap and I end up in last place. I tried lapping the ring again, same idea. I go to the pits, it spits me out at the start line and the timer continues. Tried to reverse and pit but nothing seems to work. Wasted 30 minutes racing.

Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430: headlights not working as they should, there's no way to toggle between high and low beam, when available they're both on anyway, no matter what the dashboard shows (high beam off). Same problem in Scapes.

There's a really weird thing happening to me
  • I can't save replays
  • Can't save photos
  • Can save liveries but the thumbnail won't show
The first two it tells me that it's because I don't have enough disk space, so I suspect the latter is because of that same reason

Problem is, I have almost 80GB free on the PS4 HDD and over 300GB free on the external HDD

Anyone has/had this problem and know how to solve it?

• I can't save replays
  • Can't save photos
The first two it tells me that it's because I don't have enough disk space, so I suspect the latter is because of that same reason

Problem is, I have almost 80GB free on the PS4 HDD and over 300GB free on the external HDD

You are above the space PD gives you. If you have several profiles it counts their footprint as one too.

• I can't save replays
  • Can't save photos

You are above the space PD gives you. If you have several profiles it counts their footprint as one too.
Sony has a 2GB cap on local gamesave file size.

You have almost 2GB of data - replays, photos - in your GT Sport game save. Delete some.

Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430: headlights not working as they should, there's no way to toggle between high and low beam, when available they're both on anyway, no matter what the dashboard shows (high beam off). Same problem in Scapes.

In GR.2 only the XANAVI NISMO GT-R 2008 has headlights working properly, all the others have the same issue, no way to switch the high beam off. It's no big deal but when night racing at Tokyo Expressway that's a little bit annoying, you almost get blinded by the rear end of the cars in front of you...

G29 Paddle Shifters Not Changing Gears

This issue is very new, I was racing two days ago and I did not have this problem. I was driving all kinds of cars that featured paddle shift sequentials.

Today I was driving H-pattern cars with the G29 H-shifter in a lobby at Nür Touristenfahrten. Then I got into an Aventador and realized that the paddles weren't doing anything, but the H-pattern was shifting between gears in a sort of clutchless H-pattern behaviour. Tried the SLS AMG, same issue.

Checked that my G29 was not faulty by using L1 and R1 buttons — paddle shift down and up respectively — on the PS4 home menu. They work fine.

Checked in-game G29 button maps, all fine.

Unplugged and replugged G29, issue persists.

I have not restarted the game yet, so I'll update this post once I explore more tomorrow.

This issue makes it impossible to drive paddle autos.

Have we seen this before? Infinite Mass Glitch. The red and silver GTRs trajectory could not be affected. I noticed on my first overtakne attempt at Dunlop that I was carried through the turn. My wheel had the sensation of wall riding at Tokyo. Tried to pass twice more at Dunlop and the same sensation. On the third pass I turned in on him to test the strength. No affect on his car. I attempted to punt him (for science and it was confirmed to be in effect) as you can see in the final collision. Doesn’t phase his trajectory.

Have we seen this before? Infinite Mass Glitch. The red and silver GTRs trajectory could not be affected. I noticed on my first overtakne attempt at Dunlop that I was carried through the turn. My wheel had the sensation of wall riding at Tokyo. Tried to pass twice more at Dunlop and the same sensation. On the third pass I turned in on him to test the strength. No affect on his car. I attempted to punt him (for science and it was confirmed to be in effect) as you can see in the final collision. Doesn’t phase his trajectory.

Holy 🤬. Never seen that before. I guess he just typed IDDQD in the pre-race chat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen people who were racing without actually being able to see anyone else on the lobby a couple of times. I think if they make contact with anyone, their game doesn't recognize that, so their car is not affected by contact. I believe that's what happened in your video. It's a connection issue.

Hi
I just bought GT SPORT and I only can play quick races because its constantly showing me that the game is downloading files on the main screen. I have a good internet connection all the time on my PS4 PRO and when I'm checking game for updates in console menu it says that the game is fully updated, so why i can't play my game in any other mode than quick race if I bought it?!

Hi
I just bought GT SPORT and I only can play quick races because its constantly showing me that the game is downloading files on the main screen. I have a good internet connection all the time on my PS4 PRO and when I'm checking game for updates in console menu it says that the game is fully updated, so why i can't play my game in any other mode than quick race if I bought it?!

You said it's downloading files? What does the message say exactly? If you've just bought it there will be quite a large file to download and update.

1. It took several hours for my PS4 to download everything (wired ethernet -> fiber optic internet)
2. If it hasn't finished in a couple of hours then power down/restart to see if that clears the message.
3. You also need to watch the videos on racing etiquette before you can use Sport Mode.

Probably mentioned, but noticed in the esses on the first section @ Le Mans, there is grass growing through the rumble strips. Always throws me off, but anything serious.

Last edited:
For some reason my Huracan can wheelie up to 160 mph on sport tires. LOL

Attachments

• 1D3400EB-D309-41CF-8D67-DD51AB2DC65D.jpeg
    1D3400EB-D309-41CF-8D67-DD51AB2DC65D.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 21
For some reason my Huracan can wheelie up to 160 mph on sport tires. LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It could have something to do with the tune if you changed it. While doing the historic race at LeMans in the Ferrari 330P4 I noticed when I started making certain suspension changes to improve handling that the car would crash going thru the chicane before the Start/Finish line at the start of the race.......while still under control of AI.

Tonight during FIA Manufacturers - I won but 15 Seconds, had no penalties, got a clean race bonus, but i lost 40 SR points! Has to be a bug!? Not one incident with another car or wall.

No i felt no need to save the replay as it wasn't that exciting you know?..

I remember I was 1 of 2 drivers that didn't get a penalty in the race. But dropped from S to B in SR. Makes no sense. Especially as I got a clean race bonus.

Did you save the replay?

If your game crashes you will be able to report the crash on your console when it happens.

As for losing DR and FIA points, that's because you exited the race when your game crashed. A disconnect automatically places you last - losing DR to the other drivers - while in FIA only your last race in each round counts towards your score, and as you disconnected you scored zero.

"Report" a game crash? What does that even mean? Today I have lost 2000 plus DR points due to disconnects which I have absolutely no control over. My wifi and internet speed and signal are top level, so somebody's server sucks. And I get penalized severely for this. Again, Polyphony just doesn't give a &%#, am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Report" a game crash? What does that even mean?
When any game crashes on PS4, the console automatically asks if you would like to report the crash - or you can set it do so automatically.
Today I have lost 2000 plus DR points due to disconnects which I have absolutely no control over. My wifi and internet speed and signal are top level, so somebody's server sucks.
Wifi is not an ideal way to connect - it introduces instability, susceptibility to interference, and latency. Always go wired if you can. Internet speed (bandwidth) is not particularly relevant, but latency (along with stability) is; aside from the latency inherent in getting the data from your console out to the internet (usually the slowest single part of the process), geography is an intractable part of the puzzle. Data can only travel so fast (around 120 miles per millisecond), so the further away you are from what you're trying to communicate with, the more latency you have.

Furthermore, if these races are FIA events, then there is a server involved (it's in Virginia). However if they are not FIA events, there is not a server involved. GT Sport uses Peer to Peer connection - everybody's console is both server and client - and any P2P network is only as strong as its weakest link. There's a lot of weak links out there, mainly people who don't think they have to do anything to optimise their connection for ideal connectivity for gaming, and Daily Races can involve people 10,000 miles away (North/South America in one group, all of Europe [to eastern Russia] and Africa plus the Middle East and India in another, western China to the Pacific Islands in another); that's a lot of potential latency.

When any game crashes on PS4, the console automatically asks if you would like to report the crash - or you can set it do so automatically.

Wifi is not an ideal way to connect - it introduces instability, susceptibility to interference, and latency. Always go wired if you can. Internet speed (bandwidth) is not particularly relevant, but latency (along with stability) is; aside from the latency inherent in getting the data from your console out to the internet (usually the slowest single part of the process), geography is an intractable part of the puzzle. Data can only travel so fast (around 120 miles per millisecond), so the further away you are from what you're trying to communicate with, the more latency you have.

Furthermore, if these races are FIA events, then there is a server involved (it's in Virginia). However if they are not FIA events, there is not a server involved. GT Sport uses Peer to Peer connection - everybody's console is both server and client - and any P2P network is only as strong as its weakest link. There's a lot of weak links out there, mainly people who don't think they have to do anything to optimise their connection for ideal connectivity for gaming, and Daily Races can involve people 10,000 miles away (North/South America in one group, all of Europe [to eastern Russia] and Africa plus the Middle East and India in another, western China to the Pacific Islands in another); that's a lot of potential latency.
Wow. Okay then.

I am at least directly wired to a wifi satellite (booster), but I suppose that's still the same as just wifi.

In any case, my primary beef is the "disconnect equals last place finish." I understand the logic - to prevent opportunistic disconnections. But if the race hasn't even started (most commonly)? Or worse, mid race when I'm in first place? The system/algorithm can't detect that situation??

Not sure it qulifies as a bug but the game just gave me an error message about disk space even though there's still plenty available.

EfIO8n7WoAEUN_W.jpg
EfIO8MYXgAAkKrw.jpg

Not sure this is the best thread for this bug, but since August 10 I have been unable to open the GT Sport app on ios. Instead of opening like normal, it asks for a signin. Then it opens a sony playstation site. Successful login. Open in "GT Sport"? Tap Open. The red app image flashes, then a white loading screen that never loads.

Is it glitch or some kind of balancing thing?

I can't use Manual H-Shifter and Clutch in Sport mode. I can use it easily in arcade/gt mode and other offline modes.

I noticed that PD had made using Clutch better but now i can't play in Sport Mode using this (yes car has manual transmision) but when it was broken it worked fine in Spor Mode??

Latest Posts

Back