GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
I was an A rated driver and did one daily race B and saw my rating drop from 31,000+ down to 15,000 in one race. Is this anything but a bug?
Yes, it's a DR reset caused by your SR falling two levels below your DR.

VBR
Please report all bugs & issues you find in the Demo & the full game here. Also, try to be as thorough as possible when reporting, & include as much information as you can. If we collate everything into one thread, then we can make PD's job easier to identify & fix any issues that have slipped through the net

Sports Mode leaderboards glitched.

Doesn't show all friends first time, have to back out and click on it again and the missing ones will have appeared.

Also the connection test never works for me ever.

i had been kciked out of daily race every day since 1.30, especially when i was quali in top 4 places.....i had to restart the game in order not to be kicked out again.

I have been kicked out of many races since the last update, never used to have a problem when everyone else did?

If you don’t start the race please could it not take dr/sr away this is more frustrating.

Hope you can fix this as the game is great when this doesn’t happen, I only get time for 1 or 2 races so last night was an hour wasted.

I've just looked through the thread and I haven't seen anyone have this happen to them, it's kinda interesting. I was looking through my garage when I saw what looked like a coloration issue on one of my cars, and in the thumbnail it looked like part of a stock Camaro was being rendered silver/grey instead of it's normal yellow. I clicked on it and the larger thumbnail revealed that the car was being displayed with racing wear and scratched paint. When selecting the car it'd retain all of the scratches in garage view and view mode, and would even stay that way if I put it through Scapes mode. I also found similar stuff on one of my Corvette Gr. 3 road cars, but these two were the only cars in my garage of ~250 that were affected, even the duplicates were unmarked. Check it out:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128233652.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128233701.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128233718.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128233740.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128235526.jpg

And to prove it's not just some clever livery shenanigans, I've literally never created nor downloaded a livery for this car:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181129003342.jpg

And, there's dirt effects on the windows and bits of the headlights are cracked:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181128235302.jpg

20181129005224.jpg

Additional hi-res pics are attached below, I'll see about making a video too. I have no idea how to recreate this bug.

Attachments

• 20181129005239.jpg
    20181129005239.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181129005216.jpg
    20181129005216.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181129005207.jpg
    20181129005207.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20181129005146.jpg
    20181129005146.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181129005139.jpg
    20181129005139.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181129005132.jpg
    20181129005132.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20181129005124.jpg
    20181129005124.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20181129005116.jpg
    20181129005116.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181129005105.jpg
    20181129005105.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181129005057.jpg
    20181129005057.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 26
I have a question and I don't know if I am right here.

I try to Change the color of my car, I want a custom community design but I can't set any design o my car. I can add these to my collection but can't use them.

Can someone help me?

I have a question and I don't know if I am right here.

I try to Change the color of my car, I want a custom community design but I can't set any design o my car. I can add these to my collection but can't use them.

Can someone help me?
Are you trying to modify someone else's design that you have downloaded? You can't do that.

Are you trying to modify someone else's design that you have downloaded? You can't do that.
No. I wanna put a community design on my car, I searched for an huracan gr4 skin but I can just add them to collection.. I can't download them

P1 GTR has some very, very weird texture bugs going on the cockpit view, pay very close attention to this video:

1: there is a random air diffuser on the top left corner of the windshield that is cut in half;

2: the windshield itself is moving when the car hits a bump, but it's movement doesn't follow the cars movement, it moves on it's own.

3: The whole roof of the car is a giant texture mess, look at it and you will see air diffusers that shouldn't be there at all. Why is that? Because the roof texture is a reflection of what should have been the windshield reflection of the dashboard.

PD royally screwed up here.

Edit: after a second watch, I now see that the issue is how the reflection of the windshield banner is represented, the entirety of the "roof above the windshield" is still the windshield, but the reflections aren't transparent, they're solid and because of this the whole thing looks like a huge texture bug, and it could also explain why the windshield itself is looking like it's moving on its own.

Still a bug that needs to be addressed though, this is a 3+ mil car after all.

Last edited:
They still not fixed rear camera view bug i still always have to set camera settings when i start to play and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 engine cover low texture bug is still there. :sly:

Cannot add any liveries from gran-turismo.com to my collection anymore, they simply dont appear in game. Theres limit on how many can be added?

In this week, I had experienced multiple times of "CAN'T establish connection with server" at the start-up of the game, or "lose connection to the server" after daily racing in sport mode. Everytime the error message shown, I had to restart the game but sometime still couldn't work. I checked the network condition of the PS4, everything is fine with download 20M+ and upload 1M.

Above error still occur even I restarted the router and the PS4....I am really wordless....

Bug in Leaderboards for Driving School (possibly Missions ans CE as well)

With the latest update (1.24) PD introduced at least one new bug to the game, this one in the Leaderboards for Driving School and probably also in Missions and Circuit Experience.

Let me tell you how it affected me first:

In DS #8 my Record sits at 13.074s, a time that seems not feasible anymore, at least World Ranking suggests that. After the patch was installed today i tried again with DS4 and drove a crappy 13.6xx, so i exited the game to connect my Wheel and tried again. Back at DS #8 i saw the 13.6xx on the Friends Ranking, so i was happy that PD had changed something to make it possible to get on the Board again. I was so wrong. First try with Wheel was a 13.180, faster than my Board time, but slower than the record. The time was not registered on the Friends Ranking!

I assume the new logic with Leaderboards is the following:

If there is no time on the Board, take either the first time or the best from this Session, if there is a time on the Board, compare against the record time again, as before the change (i assume in patch 1.24).

I suggest PD deletes the record times (or compares against the time on the board!), so the boards can be filled properly again!
They have fixed it to register new times now even if they do not beat your old PB time from previous rankings, BUT, they've also broken it again at the same time because it seems that only your very first registered time will count as all subsequently faster times DO NOT REGISTER. :rolleyes:

Good job PD. :lol:
The glitch where unless the time set before the tire model update is beaten in Circuit Experience is beaten, the time will not register on the leaderboards has only been partially fixed. After some attempts the times will no longer register.

I had to beat my time from before the update, thus getting a world record just to have the time register at all.

in the circuit experience now,it will post first run with the time in the rankings even tho is not faster then the one from before the update.but when you want to improve on second third run amd so on. the first time is not overwritten.even is faster by way more .

FOUR WHOLE MONTHS NOW AND IT'S STILL NOT FIXED...... FFS!! :rolleyes::banghead::grumpy::irked::(

I just want to redo some driving school and missions to set some faster times but after the first run the faster times don't register to the leader-board so it's pointless even trying. :grumpy::irked::banghead:

For fun I went back to driving school last night and found that the last event in the first set (Mazda Miata full speed turn on Brands Hatch) is running in Automatic even though every setting and indication on telemetry is Manual.

New Tokyo layout rolling start bug - Infinite auto-drive three-point turns.
This is from RORY_TRUE's perspective as I was caught by this bug in an endless auto-drive loop of 3-pointers. I stuck around for the length of everyone else's first lap and the bug did not cure itself. Interestingly, I left, restarted GTS, rejoined and the same thing happened the next try too.. and only to me.
So it could be me or it could be the track. Bug, nonetheless. Or, feature, depending on how one looks at it.

EDIT: I hear cars are also getting stuck on pit exit auto-drive here too.

Anyone else found themselves being put in 6th gear as a race starts? Rolling along/sat on the grid in the usual gears required, then straight to 6th as the race begins and the countdown ends.

Didn't do it yesterday, but is now doing it in Time Trial, Custom Race and Open Lobby races. Just tested it on a Custom Race on Dragon Trail Seaside and Time Trial at Suzuka and the same thing happened.

NEVER MIND: Left G29 shifter in 6th...

In this week, I had experienced multiple times of "CAN'T establish connection with server" at the start-up of the game, or "lose connection to the server" after daily racing in sport mode. Everytime the error message shown, I had to restart the game but sometime still couldn't work. I checked the network condition of the PS4, everything is fine with download 20M+ and upload 1M.

Above error still occur even I restarted the router and the PS4....I am really wordless....

adding the screen shots for the issue (taken last night 06 Dec 2018). Any one get the idea how to solve? TIA

微信图片_20181207111212.jpg

微信图片_20181207111228.jpg

adding the screen shots for the issue (taken last night 06 Dec 2018). Any one get the idea how to solve? TIA

View attachment 784885

View attachment 784886
Try doing the obvious first, such as connecting using a LAN cable instead of Wi-Fi, creating another account and testing if you can play the game with that account, bringing your PS4 to another place and testing with another internet provider...

Dunno if this bug has been reported before, or not. The cursor locks up doing the loading animation in the livery editor and you have to quit the game because you can't exit.

Circuit Experience:

Every single time I cross the finish line on the 1 Lap Attack at Catalunya, the game crashes with a CE-34878-0 error. And the time isn't saved, so I never get Gold (or any other trophy colour!).

Five consecutive times so far...

Back