GT Sport Epic Praising and Crying (Tears of Joy) Thread

Johnny, look. Couple of things. If you're too lazy to read an article that might even poke a hole in my argument, then all you want to do is argue. Not only won't you provide any evidence that outsourcing to a company that's doing the EXACT same thing you are is going to be remotely affordable or even budget friendly, you refuse to acknowledge that anyone has mentioned
  • In Asia, it's considered bad business practice to outsource
  • Kaz has stated a NUMBER of times he WILL NOT outsource work on Gran Turismo
This discussion has gone as far as it possibly can. I suggest if you want to take this thread off course further, you do it somewhere else or make a thread on how the Japanese are idiots for not taking advantage of the coolest business practice in the universe. Now, can we get back to praising and crying tears of joy, please? May we? ;)

Johnny, look. Couple of things. If you're too lazy to read an article that might even poke a hole in my argument, then all you want to do is argue. Not only won't you provide any evidence that outsourcing to a company that's doing the EXACT same thing you are is going to be remotely affordable or even budget friendly, you refuse to acknowledge that anyone has mentioned
This discussion has gone as far as it possibly can. I suggest if you want to take this thread off course further, you do it somewhere else or make a thread on how the Japanese are idiots for not taking advantage of the coolest business practice in the universe. Now, can we get back to praising and crying tears of joy, please? May we? ;)

Here's the thing. You made the claim that outsourcing is more expensive. It's now up to you to prove it. A Bing search – ironic as it is – proves nothing. If it's as easy as you say it is to find proof, link to one of the actual articles that corroborates your claim.

This isn't a suggestion.

Time and time again, you wander around the forum spouting off random thoughts and trying to pass them off as facts. This isn't the first time you've resorted to a set of search results as "proof", either. Note that I'm not even arguing that outsourcing could be cheaper: but I'm not the one making claims, you are.

You don't get to tell other members what to do, either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/business/global/22outsource.html?_r=0

Under fierce pressure to cut costs, large Japanese companies are increasingly outsourcing and sending white-collar operations to China and Southeast Asia, where doing business costs less than in Japan. But while many American companies have been content to transfer work to, say, an Indian outsourcing company staffed with English-speaking Indians, Japanese companies are taking a different tack. Japanese outsourcers are hiring Japanese workers to do the jobs overseas — and paying them considerably less than if they were working in Japan.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aZ06y9ziJ5cJ:web.mit.edu/profit/India%20and%20Outsourcing%20Papers/15.967%20Outsourcing%20-%20Final%20Paper.doc+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b

According to both IDC and McKinsey, the total Japanese outsourcing market was $53 billion in 2001. This accounts for 70 percent of the Asian market and represents more than 12 percent of the global outsourcing pie . Software development, IT related services, and call centers are the largest areas to be outsourced by Japanese companies.

Other than manufacturing, in the past most Japanese companies did not even consider professional outsourcing overseas because of language and cultural barriers which impacted communications and work processes alike. Also, the Japanese policy of lifetime employment, comparative lack of strict work processes, tendency among Japanese firms to “do everything by themselves”, and other reasons kept Japanese companies away from outsourcing.
However, due to the current never-ending recession in Japan and intense competition (partly stemming from increased globalization), cost-cutting is becoming increasingly important these days. Outsourcing in-country to other Japanese companies is of course one solution and is already very popular, but it would be much more effective (not only in terms of cost but also from other viewpoints such as securing workforce flexibility or gaining additional skills) if they could outsource to countries such as India or China where labor costs are significantly lower than that in Japan. Some companies have already begun to outsource R&D/IT functions to these countries.

http://variety.com/2012/digital/news/japanese-companies-outsourcing-anime-1118049388/

Foreign outsourcing of anime goes back decades, but in recent years the pace has been picking up, to the point where observers fret about the cratering of a key Japanese content industry. “A third of the labor pool for Japanese animation is actually outside Japan,” says Jonathan Clements, an anime maven writing an industrial history of Japanese animation for the British Film Institute. “I can see that climbing ever higher, until a Japanese animation company is three men in a Tokyo apartment, outsourcing every other aspect of production overseas.”

They even do it illegally:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infor...#Illegal_outsourcing_by_Japanese_IT_companies

Japanese companies often exploits the foreign labors, particularly Chinese and Vietnamese, by violating the Employment Security Act, and Labor Standard Act set by ministry of health and labors in Japan using the name of offshoring.

---

I don't recall him outright saying that, do you have a source? I recall him saying that currently they still don't outsource assets, like this:

“Even with the cars, we still don’t outsource any of the modeling with the cars, and that’s just how we do it and I think that’s what leads to the uniqueness of the game.”

He doesn't state that they won't potentially change how they do it in future.

He also stated that he didn't want to outsource an entire game (GT PSP) to another company but that doesn't mean he wouldn't consider outsourcing smaller parts of games in the future, unless you have these multiple statements from him.

Guys, this is the Epic Praising thread. Not a debate thread on outsourcing. Take that debate elsewhere...

Anyways: GT Sport.

The photo mode is freaking cool. 1000 landscapes? So I could go from anywhere to anywhere in the world.

The level of detail in the new cars is amazing, plus the VGTs get interiors. Hyundai and Bugatti VGTs coming to GTS is a bonus as well.

I like the smaller car list. It makes it easier for me to follow along with what goes where in terms of balance.

Here's the thing. You made the claim that outsourcing is more expensive. It's now up to you to prove it. A Bing search – ironic as it is – proves nothing.
Slip, that's BS. Links to online articles are about the ONLY substantiation of anything on the intranets. But since you insist on something, I present The Outsourcing Low Cost Lie. An online source, but oh well.

Satisfied?

I think it's a safe bet that Kaz will insist on hiring new staff rather than outsourcing, everyone's protestations aside, and I sincerely doubt he's going to consult you lot for advice on running Polyphony Digital. If you guys think he can't wait to hear from you, send PD an email.

Now, maybe you guys can drop this inane argument and quit derailing this thread.

Just be safe in the knowledge that every time someone posts something of a positive note, you know these people grit their teeth then go to extreme lengths to deflect and derail the conversation. Why? I don't know, but it makes me warm inside knowing their bitterness forces them to and brings a smile to my face every time I see it. It's basically a meltdown, I love a good meltdown! ;)

Hmm, lets see who started it.... Ohhh Johnny 'Logic' Penso... No surprises there. Can't help yourself can you. :lol:

On topic, I'm about 60/40 to the positive right now. Weather and TOD is a big deal for me and it's a shame it's out, but other things like lack of having to grind single player for cars is actually a massive bonus personally, being an online racer predominantly. PCars has some pretty decent offline racing but out of ~200 hours I think I've played about 3 or 4 offline because I simply don't have to.

Scapes looks sweet, 19 locations is more than I expected and the car count is.. alright if there is enough variation. Time will tell..

Last edited:
Just be safe in the knowledge that every time someone posts something of a positive note, you know these people grit their teeth then go to extreme lengths to deflect and derail the conversation. Why? I don't know, but it makes me warm inside knowing their bitterness forces them to and brings a smile to my face every time I see it. It's basically a meltdown, I love a good meltdown! ;)

Hmm, lets see who started it.... Ohhh Johnny 'Logic' Penso... No surprises there. Can't help yourself can you. :lol:

On topic, I'm about 60/40 to the positive right now. Weather and TOD is a big deal for me and it's a shame it's out, but other things like lack of having to grind single player for cars is actually a massive bonus personally, being an online racer predominantly. PCars has some pretty decent offline racing but out of ~200 hours I think I've played about 3 or 4 offline because I simply don't have to.

Scapes looks sweet, 19 locations is more than I expected and the car count is.. alright if there is enough variation. Time will tell..

You do realize that finger-pointing isn't going to help return the thread to the topic, right? If anything, that's a fantastic way to push it even further away from the original point.

I get that you have this massive hard on whenever you can take a swipe at Johnnypenso. Believe me, we've all got that person.

But is this hill of hypocrisy and generally just stupid arguments Tenacious D has once again constructed himself to fall down really the hill you want to die on?

I get that you have this massive hard on whenever you can take a swipe at Johnnypenso. Believe me, we've all got that person.

But is this hill of hypocrisy and generally just stupid arguments Tenacious D has once again constructed himself to fall down really the hill you want to die on?

Last edited:
But just check the name of the thread, where the derailing started, and who started it.
It started here, which would mean it was started by Tenacious D. Johnnypenso can't be the one to derail the thread if he wasn't the one who brought up the questionable points of fact (not the least of which being a claim that Johnnypenso had said something in the past that he hadn't said) as "praise" in the first place.

Hey, I'm not going to argue with that mate. But just check the name of the thread, where the derailing started, and who started it.

As for the hill analogy, I ain't on either of these hills you speak of. I'm on my own hill with binoculars, popcorn and a big ass stick to poke people with. :gtpflag:

It started here, which would mean it was started by Tenacious D. Johnnypenso can't be the one to derail the thread if he wasn't the one who brought up the questionable points of fact (not the least of which being a claim that Johnnypenso had said something in the past that he hadn't said) as "praise" in the first place.

Please stop finger-pointing. I don't want this thread to get locked. :(

Last edited:
Re-read my first paragraph, derail being the keyword, familiarize yourself with the term 'domino effect' then seriously tell me it started there Tornado. :rolleyes:
Okay. Here goes. Ready for it? It started there. Let's have the roadmap:

Member A, a person with a history of this sort of thing for so long to have even been banned for it, once again said a bunch of things of questionable veracity and nonexistent sincerity, including claiming Member B expressed a sentiment that was never actually said.

Member B, who pissed you off once or whatever so this justifies this rolling pissing match you keep starting (which, again, I'm in perfect understanding of), called Member A out on the statements of questionable veracity, most obviously the one that claimed Member B said something he never said. That's not really hating people who praise the game, since, well, Member B would probably know more what he posted than Member A.

Member C posted an image criticizing a couple of the same claims as Member B.

Member A replied.

Member B replied.

A moderator, not even fifteen minutes later, called Member A out on most of the same statements as Member B had been.

Then, after a page of back and forth where Member A just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper, you marched in and claimed Member B was responsible for the whole conversation for no real reason than because you like throwing him under the bus (again, fair enough), since the pretext that you were commenting on how certain people just can't stand positive sentiment couldn't be more transparent in how meaningless it is. Because, well, why don't you call out the moderator as well, then? Or Member C, who posted an image of a car of poor quality only four minutes after Member B? You're so against cloak and daggers, right? And surely you don't think that Slip wouldn't have been interested in matters regarding a specific part of the AUP with a member previously banned for violating the same specific part of the AUP, unless Johnnypenso took point (the "domino effect", presumably). So clearly, the "blame" resting on Johnnypenso is circumstantial, yet there you go anyway.

So, again, is this hill really worth fighting for? Because for someone who keeps mocking Johnnypenso for some argument you felt he made an ass out of himself over (the sales one? I can't even remember at this point), you sure seem to be white knighting awfully hard for someone making an ass out of himself now simply because that someone is arguing with Johnnypenso.

Last edited:
It's very sad to see this thread go seriously off topic & descend into contention (as interesting as that may be to some). The one in the GT6 forum I started stayed on topic, thanks mostly to @Scaff & his stern warning. Even though it was directed towards people flame baiting, it seems to have scared away most of the off topic posters as well.

:(

You know one of my friends asked me why I keep buying GT. I can't say he was wrong on the points he made. Yes it doesn't sound as good as the other sims, car selections not as varied or have that "in-car" IE Ford GT 2016, or physics is a bit casual on the sim side of things, or the damage is too forgiving to non-existent. Yes it's not the technical standard setters they use to be, and seem to be stuck in its ways while others make changes, and that you are more likely to get a flight on an American based airline that's not delayed compared to GT being released on time.

However for all the faults of GT, it still has this charm about it that I can't really describe in words. Kind of like how you like a certain woman or man. You can't exactly say why you like them, you just do. I played PCars, and I admit it's a good game, but right now it's collecting dust. I'm sure Asseto Corsa will be leaps above GT in terms of replicating the sim experience, and I'll be getting that too, but I can also see that collecting dust after GTS arrives.

If it's one thing I'll praise GT for, is that it somehow manages to keep my interest in the series going while others on GTPlanet assert that it's the last nail in the coffin for PD. Which is funny because they have been saying that since GT5. :P

It's nice seeing Kaz though actually look legitimately happy with all the dancing gifs coming out. Maybe this is the Gran Turismo he wanted to make for a long time.

I can't praise the GTS yet as I haven't played it :) but I just drove some cars in GT6, the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 replica, then Ralliart Evo X, Rain-X Countach JGTC, F430 Scud ( Red,White,Yellow Springs replica ), Lotus Evora, R34 GTR, Miata NC replica, Evo IX FQ360, then onto some crazy race cars, like NISMO GT-R LM, Lister Storm V12, Calibra Touring Car, Gazoo Racing 86, and Toyota 578A/91E Gr 7. All these cars are unique when build. So much fun to drive, just drive miles after miles or do a track day online or race.

The Toyota 578A/91E Gr7 for example is insanely fun/exciting to drive, 800PS/620kg, on SH :eek: lapping 1:11s at Midfield like a boss :D Makes you respect the go pedal. The race cars only needs SH or SM to bring their characters out, the grip levels are just right for me.

With GTS on PS4, and VR, I can only hope for much better experience :D Lots better if I can build Devil Z, then drive it at Tokyo Express, with VR and wheel :eek:

VBR
It's very sad to see this thread go seriously off topic & descend into contention (as interesting as that may be to some). The one in the GT6 forum I started stayed on topic, thanks mostly to @Scaff & his stern warning. Even though it was directed towards people flame baiting, it seems to have scared away most of the off topic posters as well.

:(
Some people just can't stick to the rules they clearly outlined for themselves.

Back