GT Sport- Pre order thread

• Thread starter torque99
  • 374 comments
Those of you who have ordered the Steelbook Edition from Amazon.co.uk, has it been dispatched and when are you told it should arrive?

I ordered mine today at 14:40 when it was still "in stock". According to the tracking page it will be dispatched tomorrow, but only arriving on Thursday (this was with Prime delivery). The chat adviser confirmed Thursday, but he probably knows as much as I do...

Regarding My Order with GAME.co.uk I got Jonathan Live Chat Manager to Issue me PSN Cards of a Value of £59.99 so I can Download the Digital Deluxe Copy whilst I await for the Shipment of My T-GT & Limited Edition Copy of GT Sport.

Not quite the way I wanted to do It but I've been on at them all day. I do appreciate him being able to do that for me but poor experience all round. I should have stuck with My Order with Base.com & Shopto.net as they have got theirs out early.

Amazon still yet to call me back.

Still waiting, Amazon told me to wait till the 19th before contacting back even though I am a Prime member. I am glad I am not the only one dealing with this issue.

Regarding My Order with GAME.co.uk I got Jonathan Live Chat Manager to Issue me PSN Cards of a Value of £59.99 so I can Download the Digital Deluxe Copy whilst I await for the Shipment of My T-GT & Limited Edition Copy of GT Sport.

Not quite the way I wanted to do It but I've been on at them all day. I do appreciate him being able to do that for me but poor experience all round. I should have stuck with My Order with Base.com & Shopto.net as they have got theirs out early.

Amazon still yet to call me back.
Amazon only prepared to offer me £20. Appalling customer service.

Nice surprise waiting for me at home today....

Ordered mine through ShopTo.net about a week ago for £38.66. It does mean I do not get any pre-order bonuses, but it appears all is unlockable through game play.

The downside, have to download 12 GB patch!!!
Had a quick play of the "Arcade" mode, which is sadly locked down somewhat.

Not sure if will be able to use network features being in the UK.

So Amazon's site says my Steelbook Edition arrives tomorrow, but the dispatch section is not highlighted in green. Does this mean it has not been dispatched?

Didn’t give up and finally got to speak to a supervisor. They agreed to give me £60.00 of promo credit so I could buy PSN credit and get the digital deluxe edition.
Well done mate, Glad you can at least play at Midnight! Remember to Install that big day 1 patch after the main game Installs!

well cancelled my pre-order from amazon after checking my e-mail and finding i had pre-ordered from game too and it's on it's way

i really don't know how i forgot about pre-ordering from game it must have been when the pre-order was 1st available

i've said pre-order a lot

Confirmation from Amazon UK. Those who have Pre Ordered the Collectors Edition and that haven't had a Dispatch Email already will likely find they will not be receiving it either until they receive further Stock. Revising my options on what I'm going to do now to get the CE of the Game. In the meantime I demanded Amazon compensate me with a £50 Gift Card that I can use towards purchasing a T-GT Through them considering I'm unlikely to get My T-GT in the morning from GAME.co.uk as It hasn't been dispatched still.

I preordered the Steelbook edition, & that dispatched at 2:05pm earlier today. Should arrive tomorrow.
Were you told it was dispatched at 2:05pm by email? Can't access my email at the moment, but the Amazon site says it arrives tomorrow, without the dispatch icon being in green.

Were you told it was dispatched at 2:05pm by email? Can't access my email at the moment, but the Amazon site says it arrives tomorrow, without the dispatch icon being in green.
Yeah, it says it was dispatched at 2:05pm earlier today & it will be with me by tomorrow. And it'll get to me by a carrier. It's currently at Bardon Hill, GB, have no clue where Bardon Hill is lol but as long as it gets here by tomorrow I'm not bothered. Unlucky for me, I won't get home until 4pm tomorrow as I got college from 9am :(

I too got the Collectors edition, and the expected delivery date when I checked weeks ago was suposed to be today, then a few days ago it said thursday. Not happy already, then I check this morning and says it could be Friday! :mad::ouch:

Not happy at all, I was already impatient about this and now the game gods are toying with me.

Didn’t give up and finally got to speak to a supervisor. They agreed to give me £60.00 of promo credit so I could buy PSN credit and get the digital deluxe edition.
Surprised you had issues, Amazon have always been brilliant to me.

P.s I never pre order from Amazon if I want the game on day dot. Always arrived late when I have.

Has anyone else had trouble redeeming their pre-order code for the retailer specific bonus car pack? Is that code supposed to include the dynamic theme/bonus credits or is that an entirely different code altogether?

Has anyone had issues getting the bonus cars to show in the garage? The money was properly transferred, but no cars or helmet showed up. I'm about to send this back to Amazonia if these codes don't start working. Really ruined my evening of gaming by not getting what I paid for.

So I received my order from Amazon and bought 2 of the Steelbook versions of GTS. The one I gave to my dad for his birthday came with the insert for the bonuses. While the one I opened when I got home didn't come with anything but the disk. Has anyone experienced this? I am waiting to chat with a rep right now to figure how what can be done.

Update - Amazon is sending me a new copy :D

Last edited:
Back