GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments

A buddy and I decided to do No Hud on the Nurb 24 at night. The lighting is just incredible. From the lights coming from the fans camping out trackside. The flag marshalls holding lights, even the pit crews all greet us along the fence at the finish line.

Standard car?

Part of my daily routine, is to run 2 laps against group1 AI at Nurb, with fuel consumption on x10. It gets my gift car mileage out of the way, and I make a few bucks in the process.

This is my go to car, for that activity...
NcS5d96.jpg

bMZXYZf.jpg

eWCY10D.jpg

Iqv9QXL.jpg

A buddy and I decided to do No Hud on the Nurb 24 at night. The lighting is just incredible. From the lights coming from the fans camping out trackside. The flag marshalls holding lights, even the pit crews all greet us along the fence at the finish line.

The lighting is really good but unrealistic at the same time.
I was going to do a video to compare the "night" version of Nurb 24 in different titles.When I tested the GTS "version" around Nordschleife-especially in some parts that have zero light (at night) IRL-it was entirly different than reality.
Other titles have those total dark track parts but GTS does not.

The lighting is really good but unrealistic at the same time.
I was going to do a video to compare the "night" version of Nurb 24 in different titles.When I tested the GTS "version" around Nordschleife-especially in some parts that have zero light (at night) IRL-it was entirly different than reality.
Other titles have those total dark track parts but GTS does not.
are you aware what time it is in the "night" condition?

Yes I am.The problem is not the time of the "night".The problem is that the track has too much light in parts where it should not at that time.
I wouldn't orientate by the time itself... It depends on what season it is, but I'd say it's just really dusky. If the time said 21:20 would you be ok with it?

I wouldn't orientate by the time itself... It depends on what season it is, but I'd say it's just really dusky. If the time said 21:20 would you be ok with it?

Like I said its unrealistic but looks great.Its not about making "me" happy.Either you think that lighting is spot on or you agree with my opinion (that I can back up with RL videos).

Like I said its unrealistic but looks great.Its not about making "me" happy.Either you think that lighting is spot on or you agree with my opinion (that I can back up with RL videos).
I'm not trying to argue with you here I was just asking you a question. I think the lighting is great, especially at night, but I'd love to see true night as well... I think they don't want to give us true night because they don't have the "astronomic" features ready for GTS? You know, the stars and the whole thing that was in GT6.

I'm not trying to argue with you here I was just asking you a question. I think the lighting is great, especially at night, but I'd love to see true night as well... I think they don't want to give us true night because they don't have the "astronomic" features ready for GTS? You know, the stars and the whole thing that was in GT6.

Most of the light in GTS is not coming from the car lights but from the envirment.Thats the "unrealistic" part.
I think they do that to make it more "easy" to drive around.

Most of the light in GTS is not coming from the car lights but from the envirment.Thats the "unrealistic" part.
I think they do that to make it more "easy" to drive around.

Hi , you must watch at hour 3 of this video, the second part video of this year 24h race(IRL race started at 15 30 pm, so is 22 30 pm after first 7 hours), than you can compare the exactly TOD of GT SPORT.:cheers:
My opinion the GT games had always strike that part of a a simulation.
I add that is not fair enough cause the livestream videos aren't famous for the high fidelity look, expecially those in car view.

Hi , you must watch at hour 3 of this video, the second part video of this year 24h race(IRL race started at 15 30 pm, so is 22 30 pm after first 7 hours), than you can compare the exactly TOD of GT SPORT.:cheers:
My opinion the GT games had always strike that part of a a simulation.
I add that is not fair enough cause the livestream videos aren't famous for the high fidelity look, expecially those in car view.

Actually that video is showing what I was saying.IRL the track "lighting" comes from the cars headlights.
In GTS there is "too much light" from the environment and that does not come from the car headlights.

in some parts that have zero light (at night) IRL
In GTS there is "too much light" from the environment and that does not come from the car headlights.
It seems to be a clear night at full moon, the sky seems to be rather bright. Maybe your eyes are different, but in such nights I never struggle to see the landscape, "zero light" isn't really the case in open places. All the light sources placed around the track brighten up the place too, it's like looking at the sky over a city from behind a hill. Without actually seeing the city the sky will appear brighter, because light gets reflected.
Yes, the headlights are possibly a bit too weak and maybe the environment is actually slightly too bright, but it's really not far off. PD also seems rather generous with the number of light sources, e.g from crowds, placed around the track.

I had a two day PS Plus trial so managed to do quite a few races last Sunday, went from DR E to B after a few races (Battered the 4C which I don't own). This was the last one I did, included qualifying laps before the race (Managed top 8). I prefer that as it starts you off at the right place and makes it more intense knowing you just have to make the best of it within the limited time. This race was against Ufo Ugo. Suzuka is so fun to drive, I have some commitment issues in a lot of the corners though so it affects my pace quite a bit, I always feel like I'm either going to understeer off or turn in too early and get a penalty or run too wide and get a penalty, every corner is like a roller-coaster ride. Anyway, I'm really happy with the DS4 control, by far the best I've experienced on a sim game so far.

I regret not grinding Suzuka race earlier that day, I must have narrowly missed Esteban Ocon. Would have been fun to race against him.

Insane penalty once again. Got a 10sec penalty for being bumped on last lap and SR demoted from b to c. .. I hope PDI fixes something here. I guess The game considers fast out -line as a slowing down too easily..

Last edited:
Back