GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 127 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
gt-sport-thread-logo-png.687365
Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Documented Changes

Main Features:

New Cars

- The following 3 cars have been added:
・IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
・Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)(Gr.1)
・Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)

Physics Simulation Model
- A part of the physics simulation model was improved, especially improving controllability of stock commercial models which exhibit less grip on the road.
- Control management of the ‘standard’ ABS settings was improved, raising drivability under braking conditions.
- Control management of rear wheel drive cars with TCS settings set higher than ‘2’ was improved, raising stability at corner exits.

Campaign Mode
- It is now possible to play the campaign mode while offline.
- In line with the improvements in the physics simulation model, the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenge were adjusted.
- In line with the adjustment of the difficulty levels, the ranking boards of the Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience were reset. (*There is no effect to game progress and the Gold/Silver/Bronze status of players from before the ranking reset)

Livery Editor
- It is now possible to use the Livery Editor while offline.
- It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car.
- It is now possible to apply car liveries to cars loaned in the Manufacturer’s Series. (*It is now possible to enter races in the Manufacturer’s Series with custom car liveries applied. )

Other improvements and adjustments:

Museum
- A Museum has been added to Bugatti in Brand Central.

Race Screen
- There is now a warning indicator when the remaining fuel becomes low.

Sound
- It is now possible to adjust the balance of sound effects during gameplay. The adjustment can be made in[Options] -> [Sound Volume].

Scapes
- It is now possible to play with the Scapes feature while offline.
- “Autumn Leaves” has been added to the featured collection. In line with this, a few new Photo Spots have been added.

Sports Mode
- It is now possible to download and playback the replays of top ranking drivers in the Daily Race Qualifying Time Attack Rankings.
- An antenna display now indicates the connection status/quality in the member lists.
- The judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. In the screen indications, it is also now possible to see the reductions in the SR of not only yourself but of other drivers involved in a contact incident with your car.

Sports Mode / Lobby
- It is now possible to select a preset chat text when entering text chat.
- You can now set an automatic greetings message for when you enter a lobby. The settings for this greetings text can be performed in [My Menu] -> [Profile Settings]. (*Up to 40characters)

Undocumented Changes
- You can now see your own driver, car, and finishing position (including number of positions gained or lost) at the end of daily races.

- Yellow Flag warnings now appear as an on screen message stating that overtaking is prohibited.

- A list of current players appear at the bottom in lobby chat, allowing you to address a user specifically.

- The fuel warning message will remain in the middle of your screen until you refill, even letting you know how much fuel you have left.

- Player connection icons have been added to Sport Mode.

- When choosing wheels in Livery Editor, it will now show ones that you own but cannot use on the selected car with them greyed out and reading "no entry".

- Decal downloads coleection now includes a limit to 1000 decals in the top right corner

- When flashing lights, low beams no longer flash as well. Only high beams do.

- The slideshow of Scapes photos in the main menu now feature new photos.

- The entry icon for certain events has been changed from a green chequered flag to a green tick box.

- Daily races now feature a new screen and some new music in place showing your driver and car regardless of where you finish. This also includes information on how fast you were in your region.

- When using cockpit view, the movement of the driver's hands react much slower to steering input.

- Pit Lane Glitch has been fixed.

- Ordering of the grid has been altered to now be in order of qualifying times in Sport Mode.

- When using the colour picker in Livery Editor, it defaults to the color already on the decal, not whichever swatch you last had selected on the way to clicking the picker.

- Brand Logotypes now stay all together without grouping by first letter (A-E, F-O, P-Z).

Last edited:
1. Yellow Flag warnings now appear as an on screen message stating that overtaking is prohibited.

2. In lobby chat a list of current players appear at the bottom so you can call someone out specifically. It will appear in the chat something like this:

"@invertedevo you're the best"

3. The fuel warning message will remain in the middle of your screen until you refill. It's annoying but it does show you a numerical value of how much of a lap you have left in the tank. For example "Fuel low - 1.2 laps remaining until empty"

Last edited:
The entry icon for certain events has been changed from a green chequered flag to a green tick box.

And I'm not sure if this is confirmed but I feel like the tire squeal is a bit different. When I play around with the brake balance I can hear the back tires very clearly, or the set of tires that are most under pressure. Maybe it's related to the surround sound. Or I'm just imagining things.

Just finished a daily race and there's a new screen and some new music in place:

QrAc.png

Last edited:
When using cockpit view, the movement of the driver's hands react much slower to steering input, but the actual steering on the front wheels remains the same as before the update.

The've killed the braking for me with the DS4.... no feeling at all...
I've noticed a change, more progressive near the upper end of the "travel". I personally found it better (no ABS).

Now for them to apply the same to the throttle, since it's like a switch in the last 20% or so.

I use the sticks, by the way, not the triggers. I've been annoyed by the throttle / brake progression for a while, i.e. since GT5, and I've been thinking about it just as long, so I'd always presumed the profiles were designed with the triggers in mind. I'd hoped, then, for an option, or for the game to use different profiles for the sticks and the triggers separately. Perhaps in this update they just used a different profile on the brake only and applied it to the stick and trigger equally.

I've noticed a change, more progressive near the upper end of the "travel". I personally found it better (no ABS).

Now for them to apply the same to the throttle, since it's like a switch in the last 20% or so.

I use the sticks, by the way, not the triggers. I've been annoyed by the throttle / brake progression for a while, i.e. since GT5, and I've been thinking about it just as long, so I'd always presumed the profiles were designed with the triggers in mind. I'd hoped, then, for an option, or for the game to use different profiles for the sticks and the triggers separately. Perhaps in this update they just used a different profile on the brake only and applied it to the stick and trigger equally.

Offt. Cool pic of Cervert!

Ont. I really hope they change it back or maybe a little in between.. i'm just not confident anymore and it kills me...
And that 20% what you are talking about makes it really hard to drive Gr.3 cars with the triggers indeed.. why do they have this issue for so long?

Other games have made these changes without much trouble. Overwatch has like 2-3 different 'sensitivity' schemes/modes which they developed after the players requested it. Normal, linear and one more I can't remember. (Only for the sticks, though. Not the triggers).
So it's not like it can't be done, PD!

I know Battlefield 1 has options to change the L2/R2 deadzones AND sensitivity. That's what you guys need.

Did someone mention that there is no passing under the yellow flag now?

It's kind of a stupid implementation because it includes passing the person who caused the yellow flag even though they are stopped on the track. I just got a 5 second penalty for passing a car that was facing the wrong way.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me if accelerating from standstill or low speeds has been improved? There was way too much whellspin before.
I just tested accelerating with various cars and i am pretty happy :)

On Sports hard wether the MX-5 nor the GT86 will hit the rev limiter constantly during wheelspin when accelerating from stand still - this is also more or less the case witch comfort soft tires!
As it wasnt possible to launch the GT86 before without constant wheelspin its great to see that car get forward without loosing traction.

Tested the camaro, mustang, corvette and other more powerfull cars too, while they still will hit the rev limiter very fast its more easy to adjust the throttle and launch those cars without much traction loss and loosing too much speed. I guess those type of cars will be hard too launch in real life too (with hard semi slicks) but i think in real life there woukd still be more possibility to launch with more traction.

All in all a great improvement 👍

Back