First discussed early last week, update 1.06 is now available for GT Sport. Weighing in at 1.29 GB, the latest update not only introduces three new cars to the game, but also expands the game’s offline modes.
Previously, an internet connection was necessary to access many of the game’s features. That is no longer the case as players can now access Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor offline. Though, there is one small caveat: an internet connection remains a requirement to save game progress.
Additionally, the physics model has undergone some tweaking, the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenges have seen adjustments, and the Sportmanship Rating algorithm has been modified. Another welcome addition: players will now be able to see SR points deductions for themselves and other drivers.
Photomode junkies will be happy to find new Photo Scapes locations are also now available. In addition, a “Colored Leaves” collection makes its way into the game’s featured Scapes. With it arrives the missing “Caverns” Scape that has up until now taunted players.
Rounding out the update is the availability of three new cars, first of which is the Zagato IsoRivolta Vision GT, first seen earlier this year. Rounding out the group is the Shelby Cobra and 2016 Audi R18 LMP1 car.
The Cobra joins the Audi Sport Quattro S1 to be the only two cars in the game existing before 2001. On the more contemporary end of the spectrum, Audi’s 2016 Le Mans runner-up completes the trio of prototypes that were racing last year.
GT Sport v1.06 Official Changelog
- New Cars
- The following 3 cars have been added.
- IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
- Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)(Gr.1)
- Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)
- The following 3 cars have been added.
- Physics Simulation Model
- A part of the physics simulation model was improved, especially improving controllability of stock commercial models which exhibit less grip on the road.
- Control management of the ‘standard’ ABS settings was improved, raising drivability under braking conditions.
- Control management of rear wheel drive cars with TCS settings set higher than ‘2’ was improved, raising stability at corner exits.
- Campaign Mode
- It is now possible to play the campaign mode while offline.
- In line with the improvements in the physics simulation model, the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenge were adjusted.
- In line with the adjustment of the difficulty levels, the ranking boards of the Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience were reset. (*There is no effect to game progress and the Gold/Silver/Bronze status of players from before the ranking reset)
- Livery Editor
- It is now possible to use the Livery Editor while offline.
- It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car.
- It is now possible to apply car liveries to cars loaned in the Manufacturer’s Series. (*It is now possible to enter races in the Manufacturer’s Series with custom car liveries applied.)
- A Museum has been added to Bugatti in Brand Central.
- Race Screen
- There is now a warning indicator when the remaining fuel becomes low.
- It is now possible to adjust the balance of sound effects during game play. The adjustment can be made in[Options] -> [Sound Volume].
- It is now possible to play with the Scapes feature while offline.
- “Autumn Leaves” has been added to the featured collection.
In line with this, a few new Photo Spots have been added.
- Sports Mode
- It is now possible to download and playback the replays of top ranking drivers in the Daily Race Qualifying Time Attack Rankings.
- An antenna display now indicates the connection status/quality in the member lists.
- The judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. In the screen indications, it is also now possible to see the reductions in the SR of not only yourself but of other drivers involved in a contact incident with your car.
- Sports Mode / Lobby
- It is now possible to select a preset chat text when entering text chat.
- You can now set an automatic greetings message for when you enter a lobby. The settings for this greetings text can be performed in [My Menu] -> [Profile Settings]. (*Up to 40characters)
- Various other problems and stability issues have been improved.
More To Come…
Beyond today’s hefty update, players have another one to look forward to sometime in December. The upcoming 1.07 update will see the addition of the highly anticipated “GT League” mode and 12 new cars for the game. Based on the “GT Mode” found in previous titles, “GT League” will bring a number of familiar race series and events to Sport.
As always, head over to our Gran Turismo Sport forum for more analysis and discussion of the latest update!
Featured image by PSN user KillaTofuu.