GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 204 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Yo fellow GTP users,

gtSPORTCOMMUNITY-2.jpg

As per my post(s) and @Jordan 's reply from the General Discussion Thread. This is a thread dedicated to the upcoming GTSport Unveiling happening on 19-20 May 2016 for the Q&A Session.
The Community Event will be on 20 May 2016.

As stated here, there will be a Q&A Session held at the event. The purpose of this thread is to hand pick and put forward a few of the GTP Community's questions pertaining to the upcoming title to the man himself, Kazunori Yamauchi.

I'm not entirely aware of how the session will play out but for now I rate it would be a good idea to get the best questions from the community for the sake of time and maybe come up with a rough POA. I'm not sure how many questions we'll be able to ask also. I suppose there will be an elaboration of more details closer to time.

EDIT 14/05/2016: I wasn't very clear but this thread serves to be a pool of questions to ask for anyone attending the event. It's not one dude asking the questions (Unless if you want to be)

Now the rules for this thread.

• Be creative with your questions.
  • No slamming or controversial questions.
  • The below restriction has been removed but, be creative!
  • Please none of the same old, "Will there be a livery editor?" questions that have been grilled to death and dryness. As I've mentioned before, be creative!
For example: "In the GTS Photomode, is there a possibility to take interior shots, use a different type of lens like a fisheye lens and perhaps import photos in RAW format?"

or

"Some players enjoy the GT Auto service and the fun that was had in the services cutscenes in GT5. Could we perhaps see those again?"

or

"We understand the simulation aspect of GTS, but can it still be a game at heart? "

Note that simple questions are also good.

• Ask whatever question your heart desires, just within the constraints of the rules though.
  • For those who will be at the event, please examine and think of some questions (I know it will be on the fly) if you're able to.
  • Refrain from asking close-ended questions .
  • Lastly, no leading questions.
I think that should be about it for now. Since I won't be at the event, I don't think I'll be the one hand picking the questions, I suppose maybe a group that's going could ask them for us? @Jordan @Famine @SlipZtrEm and anyone else I might be missing, is this alright? If I'm missing anything please let me know.

So without further ado, let's begin!

Last edited:
I've got one.

We all know GT Sport isn't a full game like GT6 was and GT7 will be. So my question is:
What is the main purpose of GT Sport? Is it just another Prologue-like game to keep us busy while you are finishing the development of GT7?

I've got one.

We all know GT Sport isn't a full game like GT6 was and GT7 will be. So my question is:
What is the main purpose of GT Sport? Is it just another Prologue-like game to keep us busy while you are finishing the development of GT7?
The reply I got from their Facebook page:

"GT Sport is a full GT game, just focused on eSport and the competitive aspect of racing games (hence the "Sport" part in its title), we're working with FIA for some aspect of the game, as announced last year."

Well I assume the idea is to present a bunch of questions to Jordan and then he'll ask whichever ones he sees fit during the event, he obviously won't ask anything if they've already been answered beforehand.

• How will the game be divided percentage wise between normal cars and race cars?
  • What feeling did the team want to capture when working on GT Sport?
  • Did you work closely with FIA during development?
  • Driving for your country and manufacturer is very interesting, how does it exactly work?
  • Will E-Sport be integrated with some real life motorsport events?
  • Will GT Sport have and special mode for commentators to talk us through an E-Sport event?
  • What periods of motorsport you want to cover in GT Sport?
  • What did the FIA think of your RM models you have made and do they have interested in making it an official FIA series?
  • What did you and your team do to level out the different cars for competing in E-Sport events?
  • Will a player be able to choose a class and build his or her car according to the specs of this class? If so, what are the tools provided for the player?
  • When committing to a certain manufacturer, will it unlock certain loyalty bonuses in game for the player?
  • Does the manufacturer have the power to fire the player as a virtual racedriver if he/she does really bad?
  • Will there be a possibility to earn sponsors for your manufacturer / team?
  • When racing for a manufacturer, can the virtual driver be dressed in the official factory suits and helmets?
  • Was / is working with the different manufacturers easier since GT has established a real name for itself?
  • When you see GT Sport in action does it make you feel proud?
Not very creative but it is currently all I could come up with without demanding if he could make a special Peugeot for me :P

Last edited:
The reply I got from their Facebook page:

"GT Sport is a full GT game, just focused on eSport and the competitive aspect of racing games (hence the "Sport" part in its title), we're working with FIA for some aspect of the game, as announced last year."
And someone else got a reply stating it wasn't a full game like GT6, like my question asks, but yeah:)

Edit: it doesn't answer my question. It answers the stuff above my question

My (perhaps overly long and wordy) question:

Gran Turismo is, at heart, a racing game. That seems to be more clearly illustrated than ever with the new direction taken by Gran Turismo Sport, helped by its unique collaboration with the FIA, to create a racing game with specific focus on the competitive aspects of motorsport. With that ethos in mind, what has Polyphony Digital done to improve elements of the offline racing (such as the artificial intelligence and race formats) to more accurately replicate the experience of a real motor race?

Is it true that Car Manufacturers don't want to see heavy damage on there cars?

How was the working process for the new car sounds? Did you start from scratch?

sry if not creative and for my bad englisch

Last edited:
Will the car data accuracy / simulation be improved ? Other sims are improving, although there are still dev freedom to make them safer for players.

No more the same toe in/camber on most cars, wrong weight distribution, incorrect spring rate, gear ratios etc. 3 key issue in GT6, camber, aero drag/top speed, and ride height difference effect.

Mr Yamauchi, as you know, racing simulator games are built from the tire model up. While effective, the previous tire modeling in the GT series was rather simplistic in the way that tires accumulated and shed heat and tire pressures have never been incorporated as a variable in the tire model. Will GT Sport be addressing these elements of tire modeling and, if so, can you give us some details?

Mr Yamauchi, as you know, racing simulator games are built from the tire model up. While effective, the previous tire modeling in the GT series was rather simplistic in the way that tires accumulated and shed heat and tire pressures have never been incorporated as a variable in the tire model. Will GT Sport be addressing these elements of tire modeling and, if so, can you give us some details?

I wonder if the real fruits of the Yokohama partnership have been saved for GT Sport... or maybe it was all a marketing tactic.

By the way, here are the highest rated questions from the DOA Ask Kaz forum that are still relevant and unanswered. Some I've amended so they address GTS rather than the then assumed GT7 or still GT6.

Will GT Series ever get the option for a full Livery Creator?

Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

Many of us here at GTPlanet have been fans of this wonderful franchise since the beginning and we love and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. With the release of GT5 and GT6 some of us have been feeling that the offline portion of the game has catered mainly to a very casual player and lacks many of the elements of real world racing such as qualifying, standing starts, a full flag system, pit radios, trophy presentations, emulation of real world race series, scalable AI difficulty, damage and more. In short we feel that GT is lacking the overall atmosphere and feel of being involved in a real life racing series while racing offline.

Are there any plans for GT Sport to begin to include more of these real world racing elements and if so can you give us any specifics on plans for the future regarding the offline career mode?

Thank you in advance.

Is there any chance of having Porsche in GT Sport or in any other GT?

Will we be seeing an offline custom single event/championship creator in GT Sport? A feature from a few other racing sims I enjoy is to make your own grid and car choice for the ultimate dream race or something to display the potential of one car versus another. A 16 car brawl, a duel, or maybe more creative car battles?

Will AI opponents be updated in GT Sport?

I do not play online much. for me, the biggest draw of a GT game is the endurance racing where i can pick one car and drive it over the course of 4-6-10 hrs etc and learn all the nuances of the car. Are we going to get proper endurance racing in GT Sport at all?

Everyone has their own preferences on camera views and FOV. Many cameras are placed in a uncomfortable way. Is there any possibility that we get a adjustment Option to set our own camera views? Position as well as FOV. Especially the chase cam, many people are unhappy with it. It's too far away from the car and the FOV is extremely narrow that there is no sense of speed. Furthermore the camera should be rotateable around the car to see it in a 360 degree.

Small tweaks with huge impact for the game experience!

Hi Kaz,

Will racing wheels currently supported in GT6 on PS3 still work in GT titles on PS4?

In GT6 High powered cars were doing 30-50 km/h higher top speeds than they should (compared to reality and GT5).

Are you aware of this issue and do you plan to fix it with GT Sport?

Mr. Yamauchi, each update to the game seems to bring with it some welcome, but undocumented changes to the game. With each update we create a new "Undocumented Changes" thread here at GTPlanet to keep the community informed and up to date. We can never be 100% confident that all the changes we log are real or from the recent update because many are subtle and hard to detect or measure. Are there any plans for the future to include a full and comprehensive Change Log with each game update moving forward?

Not exactly a gaming feature, even though there is potential in it: Given the ongoing entertainment industry trend of blurring the lines between virtual and reality, the convergence of applicable technologies (GPS tracking and other forms of telemetry...); are you considering the possibility of Gran Turismo becoming a platform for real-world race events live virtualization?

Back