GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 204 comments
A Gran Turismo team had been spotted at the Isle of Man TT circuit almost two years ago. Can we expect to hear more about Isle of Man being in a future Gran Turismo title if not in GT Sport?

I thought that was debunked as being for that Isle of Man TT game by Bigben Interactive?

I thought that was debunked as being for that Isle of Man TT game by Bigben Interactive?

The sighting reports stated there were people from Sony Computer Entertainment there and police also reported there were a group of "Japanese technicians" slowly driving around a service vehicle. The Bigben game is developed by French developers.

Will Standard cars be featured in Gran Turismo: SPORT?

91013620160219180426.jpg

The sighting reports stated there were people from Sony Computer Entertainment there and police also reported there were a group of "Japanese technicians" slowly driving around a service vehicle. The Bigben game is developed by French developers.

Ah, now that was not something I realised. I sort of assumed the news about Bigben scanning the track and that news report about Sony developers were all one thing. In that case, it's entirely possible the Isle of Man track does turn up... :drool:

Q: Some of the legacy original courses in GT5 and GT6 showed its remnants as PS2 track models and were graphically underwhelming, for example Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Laguna Seca. Will all tracks in GT Sport and the eventual GT7 be built from scratch to take advantage of the new hardware and be graphically consistent across all tracks?

Ive got a question well a two parter the music always makes game feel so alive and joyful or put you on edge to take the win. Will there be an amazing soundtrack? and will it bigger and better then the previous titles?:cheers:

You might want to be more specific with that, otherwise your answer is obviously just going to be "Yes", he's not going to say no.

Could be worth asking this...

"Given that GT Sport wants people to represent their nation and or marque how is it going to be ensured that all countries and therefore marques have an adequate number of cars in all classes to fulfil this? It has been an issue in the past with one manufacturer having 50+ cars and another with 3."

Question:

The driving simulation game market is far larger and much more competitive today than it was when the first Gran Turismo originally launched in 1997. Today, Gran Turismo competes with successful and popular games like Forza Motorsport 6, Project CARS, DiRT Rally, F1 2016, and Assetto Corsa. How do you envisage keeping Gran Turismo a competitive franchise in this market, and what do you think is Gran Turismo Sport's most impressive and unique selling point?

Thank you for this @Zlork, but that doesn't really answer my question as it mentions only premiums cars but nothing about standard cars. I know they won't be featured in GTS's beta, but I'm just curious to find out so we wouldn't have to worry.

He said that ALL GT Sport cars will be "Super Premium", in order words, all these cars will be of the same quality. There is no standard.

But you can ask question If that can reassure you.....

Here's my question:

GT6 lacked options for players to setup proper realistic races offline. Is GTS going to have all options needed for players to setup realistic races offline? (free practice, qualifying, race length by either number of laps or time, standing starts/normal rolling starts, full balanced grid where all AI opponents use either the same car or same class the player is using, adjustable AI difficulty, mechanical damage, fuel/tyre wear, flags & penalties, pitstops, option to adjust fuel load before qualifying/race and define pitstop strategy before starting a race)

My question:

Hello Mr. Yamauchi. We know Gran Turismo Sport will introduce FIA certified virtual race tracks now first time in the series' history. I'd like to ask you about the tradiotional fictional Gran Turismo tracks: What is your opinion on them and how important are those tracks for future Gran Turismo series? Thank you.

Could be worth asking this...

"Given that GT Sport wants people to represent their nation and or marque how is it going to be ensured that all countries and therefore marques have an adequate number of cars in all classes to fulfil this? It has been an issue in the past with one manufacturer having 50+ cars and another with 3."

Given that there are 100+ countries that do not own a brand of cars suitable for GT Sport you will most likely represent your country in whichever car you like.

I can't see country representation being tied to a brand from that country.

Turn 10 recently released Forza Motorsports 6: Apex, a PC port for their Forza Motorsports 6 game, and they announced that all future titles will be released for PC also, will Polyphony Digital consider porting the Gran Tourismo series to the PC also?

Q: With GT Sport being a dedicated eSports entry, and Polyphony striving to further blur the line between gaming and reality, it looks like the title will feature predominantly current cars, on a level not seen since GT1. How has the team rationalized this approach versus the traditional "encyclopedia" feel of Gran Turismo, and can we expect classic cars for events similar to the real world's Goodwood Revival (especially considering your existing relationship with Lord March)?

Turn 10 recently released Forza Motorsports 6: Apex, a PC port for their Forza Motorsports 6 game, and they announced that all future titles will be released for PC also, will Polyphony Digital consider porting the Gran Tourismo series to the PC also?

Sony in the past couple of years have completely divested all of their video game stuff that wasn't Playstation-based, so..

Back