GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 204 comments
Will there be a special edition steering wheel or collaboration with a manufacture for a new GT branded wheel?

Would you be willing to sell the GT series or Polyphony Digital?

So here we are, having an oppurtunity to ask quastions THE COMMUNITY wants to ask...and we are restricted in our choice of questions. "Be creative", yeah something like "don't ask direct questions of real interest, but rather adapt to the PD-butt licking fest". Well, I was never a fan of a livery editor, and probably never will be, but I can see why many people are crazy about it. That said, I can NOT see why the fan community shouldn't be allowed to ask "questions that have been grilled to death and dryness", well guess what, they are being asked again and again because people actually WANT these features. Porsche would be a HUGE selling point and a point to make this game for me SO much more enjoyable, why am I not allowed to ask this?

You wannabe PD "fans" are really sad, you do everything to uphold the illusion that GT is this kind of the messiah of racing games and that PD does everything right, so much so, that the BUYERS of the series shouldn't be allowed to ask for much wanted features. Way to go GtPlanet.
All of that said, my questions are:
1. Will there be Porsche?
2. Will there be a damage model and how realistic is it?
3. Are the engine sounds going to be drastically improved? (because you know, the old ones really really suck)
4. Is the A.I. going to be finally substantially updated? (because again, you know, the old one really really sucks)
5. Will there be rock-solid 60fps?
6. Will we have finally race rules, qualification and standing starts? (you know, like, like in real life? because the game wants to recreate reality)

:confused:
You wannabe PD "fans" are really sad, you do everything to uphold the illusion that GT is this kind of the messiah of racing games and that PD does everything right, so much so, that the BUYERS of the series shouldn't be allowed to ask for much wanted features. Way to go GtPlanet.
Every time I log in here on GTP, I see A LOT of people saying quite the opposite. Those "wannabe fans" or whatever you wanna call them that say pCars, AC ++ are better and want GT to get that level of detail concerning this and that. I don't think anyone here who is a proper fan sees PD like a messiah. We see them as people, people who do their best at what they do, but at times failing to deliver / listen to the fans

I haven't been keeping up with GT and PD for a while now, but what makes you think he doesn't want to answer that? Or what makes you feel that there are some questions that he just doesn't want to answer?

Judging by the failure of the Q&A I would guess Kaz didn't like that idea

Whoa, I wasn't demanding anything, I was simply saying we should be allowed to ask in this thread anything we like, even if the question has been asked before, as long as no straight answer had been given.

Like I say, what Jordan actually asks is up to him but I don't see the point restricting the questions we can put forward, as long as they're respectful. If people gave up on a subject after asking about it once we wouldn't get far in life.

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment as a demand.

As far as being able to ask anything we want, yes I agree as it is our right. But if going by past interviews I feel that it's been unproductive to ask the "tough" questions because Kaz either avoids them or gives us the corporate mumbo jumbo. A hotly anticipated feature like livery editor would be mentioned in big bold letters, not thru an interview imo.

I have faith Jordan will pick a good balance of tough and easy going questions, I just feel we as a community could provide better material then to grill him about why he said this or why he didn't follow thru with that.

Let me put it this way.

At the community event, I dunno how many people will be allowed into the Q&A session but how many people are going to ask the SAME question about the Livery Editor etc? Not just GTP peeps but from abroad. Granted it's an example of something that's been left unanswered and is in demand. However when the case pertains to whenever we have an opportunity to ask questions about the game, those types of questions appear more so than other valid questions which get lost in the sea of complaints.

The reason I put that restriction there is to curve that occurrence and not let this Q&A be another repeat of what's happened before.

I vaguely remember on another popular car forum that they were also gonna do a Q&A for GT at Goodwood. From what I remember, it was the same old sea of grilled questions and then eventually things went silent.

Look, if this restriction poses to be a massive issue, then I'll adopt a resolution and we'll see how it turns out. Also what Admin and mods say is binding.

Here's mine.

1) Will we get the whole game at launch or do we have to wait two years?

2) Have you wasted time and resources with more Moon buggies, Mars Landers or even Golf buggies?

3) Are there dedicated servers for online or are we going to have the same buggy, laggy rubbish we currently have in GT6?

4) How long before the GT6 servers get shut down after launch to force people into GTS?

5) Will the real world tracks be laser scanned or are they just the same as GT5/6?

I vaguely remember on another popular car forum that they were also gonna do a Q&A for GT at Goodwood. From what I remember, it was the same old sea of grilled questions and then eventually things went silent.
As if other press journalists wouldn't ask about livery editor :lol: i impicitly did that too.:rolleyes:
2) Have you wasted time and resources with more Moon buggies, Mars Landers or even Golf buggies?

3) Are there dedicated servers for online or are we going to have the same buggy, laggy rubbish we currently have in GT6?
TBQH you pointed out at some very interesting discussing matters, im really interested on how they'll manage with the predictable high affluence of the online rooms or about GT6's remaing time but i'm afrad that's not just how you ask questions properly.

i'm afrad that's not just how you ask questions properly.

I will not be asking the questions. Whoever does may frame the question however they deem appropriate. I am merely offering the basic question and the required information sort. The ultimate interviewer may garnish the question in medieval prose if they wish for all I care ;-)

Besides, on Kaz's past track record of answering questions from our members do we really expect any answers? ;-)

Look, if this restriction poses to be a massive issue, then I'll adopt a resolution and we'll see how it turns out. Also what Admin and mods say is binding.

I think you're overthinking this. People are going to ask whatever they want, and while I understand your reasoning here, it's not unreasonable for people to ask about subjects that have come up before. Especially if it's relevant to GT Sport's different approach to the genre versus the traditional GT game.

For example, I'm very curious to see if a livery editor is included, as I feel it's incredibly important in a game aiming to be an eSports platform.

That being said, I think the thread could be a huge asset not just for the GTP staff heading to the event, but any and all members attending. It can be hard to come up with compelling questions on the spot: this should solve that. :cheers:

So far GT Academy has been limited to selected countries, will GT Sport and it's FIA events have the same aproach, or people from any country will be able to participate and compete?

I ask this question because so far south america has been ignored from GT Academy, and I fear the same could happen with GT Sport.

My (perhaps overly long and wordy) question:

Gran Turismo is, at heart, a racing game. That seems to be more clearly illustrated than ever with the new direction taken by Gran Turismo Sport, helped by its unique collaboration with the FIA, to create a racing game with specific focus on the competitive aspects of motorsport. With that ethos in mind, what has Polyphony Digital done to improve elements of the offline racing (such as the artificial intelligence and race formats) to more accurately replicate the experience of a real motor race?
👍 This one gets my vote. I'll be one of many offline players hoping to have an enjoyable racing experience, this time.

I suppose I'll ask the same old boring questions.
  • What does the work put into GT Sport mean for the development of GT7? Is it a sort of proving ground for GT7?
  • What elements of GT7 do you intend to include and/or showcase in GT Sport, without giving away too much?
I'd seriously like a clue about what we can expect from the proper Gran Turismo title, GT7. New technology like advanced A.I., damage modeling, Photo Mode and Movie Maker, Race Mod, Livery Editor, Course Maker III, Event Maker, internet connections such as YouTube, GT Planet, etc, but that's probably more "off camera" sorts of discussions. But I really hope that Kaz likes and respects Jordan and any GT Planet interviewers enough to open up just a bit about such tasty morsels.

To be clear: I have no personal involvement or control over the "public" Q&A session on Friday. I don't know what the format is going to be, how questions will be selected, or who will get to ask them. I only know what has been said publicly about it.

The gran-turismo.com site has been updated with the following description which may help:
On May 20 (Public Day), we will allow a select group of fans attend the event where we plan to have a creative discussion session with our fans at the event with Gran Turismo Producer Kazunori Yamauchi and his development team.

Thanks for that, Jordan. By the way, by "tasty morsels," I'm including in that things which can't be publicly revealed, timed NDA stuff. I hope someone from GT Planet gets some inside stuff about GT7.

I know this will be a GTS event but could someone ask Mr KY if GT6 will get 1 last patch?

Either a spec 2 sort of thing or to finish off the VGT's or even just removing the spaces of manufacturers that may have pulled out as i feel GT6 has unfinished business.

Also there are alot of newcomers that are only just buying GT6 for the 1st time so a re-release with all updates on disk would be helpful, just like GT5.

To be clear: I have no personal involvement or control over the "public" Q&A session on Friday. I don't know what the format is going to be, how questions will be selected, or who will get to ask them. I only know what has been said publicly about it.

The gran-turismo.com site has been updated with the following description which may help:

I see... I thought this Q&A was for your interview on media day and Friday was just a meet and greet with Kaz and the team, thanks for clarifying

"Creative discussion session" doesn't sound like a Q&A to me, at least not in terms of having the freedom to ask anything. Can you share some of the questions you plan to ask Kaz on media day? Perhaps we need to rethink about what questions to provide the folks attending so they have a good chance of getting some useful info, not the usual genetic response (assuming public questions will even be allowed)

"Creative discussion session" doesn't sound like a Q&A to me, at least not in terms of having the freedom to ask anything.
It was described specifically as a "Community Q&A" in the first official info I received about Friday. They used the same description on their Eventbrite ticketing page.

Can you share some of the questions you plan to ask Kaz on media day? Perhaps we need to rethink about what questions to provide the folks attending so they have a good chance of getting some useful info, not the usual genetic response (assuming public questions will even be allowed)
I don't know what I'm going to ask because I don't know what's going to be revealed about GT Sport during the press conference. It is likely they will speak at length about the updates to sound, physics, damage, features, online stability, etc., rendering the most pressing and relevant questions here obsolete. If not, I'll ask about the topics which I feel need more attention.

Kazunori is typically the most forthcoming and enthusiastic when asked to expand on details of features he has just announced. Instead, most interviewers spend their time asking him about things which aren't ready to be revealed; he then either avoids the question or makes over-ambitious statements about features that are not fully formed.

I will certainly browse this thread to see what people are most interested in as the event unfolds, and I hope people who do have the opportunity to ask questions on Friday will use this topic as a similar source of inspiration.

It was described specifically as a "Community Q&A" in the first official info I received about Friday. They used the same description on their Eventbrite ticketing page.

I don't know what I'm going to ask because I don't know what's going to be revealed about GT Sport during the press conference. It is likely they will speak at length about the updates to sound, physics, damage, features, online stability, etc., rendering the most pressing and relevant questions here obsolete. If not, I'll ask about the topics which I feel need more attention.

Kazunori is typically the most forthcoming and enthusiastic when asked to expand on details of features he has just announced. Instead, most interviewers spend their time asking him about things which aren't ready to be revealed; he then either avoids the question or makes over-ambitious statements about features that are not fully formed.

I will certainly browse this thread to see what people are most interested in as the event unfolds, and I hope people who do have the opportunity to ask questions on Friday will use this topic as a similar source of inspiration.
I agree 100%. We should know by now, how to form questions to ask Kaz.
Tessalation was a big one he is proud of.

Car count.

Passion for the history of motorsport.

Car enthusiast's reactions to game immersion. Be it online play, GT Academy, the realistic feel in driving(KW suspension), the environment(stars in the night sky)

Future cars(VGT)

Edit: The Virtual Reality thing for PS4

Questions about these things, he will answer for sure.

Not to go on a tangent but, I watched an interview with Denzel Washington a few years back. The interviewer asked him about a past movie. Wanted to know more of how he felt about the role. Denzel asked him bluntly about his new projects. What about those?

I'm sure we all want unanswered questions from the past, answered. I think asking questions about new things is not just safe but, more about the way he(Kaz) thinks. It's his game after all.

What is their progress/opinion with VR (have they only tested it for now) ?
If they are implementing it what are their reactions to it (sense of speed/motion sickness etc)?
Given that ps4 has more ram will they use some of their tested but restricted features from GT5/GT6 (Like head tracking with PS Camera) ?
Given that the GT series always had great peripheral support (at least for a console game), Is the steering wheel list going to be restricted only for licensed ones or we can expect T500/Fanatec Implementations (Depending by the manufacturer cooperation)?

I was under the impression of the group attending the event will ask the questions if they so choose. That this thread will be a pool of questions to ask from. Though I've been thinking that a lot the questions will come on the fly but this will be a good base to formulate questions. I think I'll make this clear on the first post that it's not one person asking the questions.

Also, I agree with the formulation of questions very much.

I think you're overthinking this. People are going to ask whatever they want, and while I understand your reasoning here, it's not unreasonable for people to ask about subjects that have come up before. Especially if it's relevant to GT Sport's different approach to the genre versus the traditional GT game.

For example, I'm very curious to see if a livery editor is included, as I feel it's incredibly important in a game aiming to be an eSports platform.

That being said, I think the thread could be a huge asset not just for the GTP staff heading to the event, but any and all members attending. It can be hard to come up with compelling questions on the spot: this should solve that. :cheers:

I've had a think and I slept on it. Rather I'll remove the restriction. Update on the first page in a bit.

Back