GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 204 comments
Creative discussion looks more like they want some more creative input, like they'll ask " what if we do x ?" and you answer " ok, but make it more y "

They can't possibly be taking creative input on features from the public now if they hope to release at the end of the year. At best it would be about fine-tuning numbers, which the developers are in a far better position to do than the public anyway.

Guess I'll leave my questions then.

GTSport has its focus on big motorsports from what I've seen. Is it possible to implement more indie/beginner sports not recognised by the FIA but by the public? Particularly since these sports are inexpensive compared to let's say LMP1 and much of the public can get involved. Sports such as Autocross, Drag Racing and controlled point to point racing?

And...

(This may be answered when people try out the game, but I dunno, I know it's there in Project CARS though) Is there a way to improve power delivery for the cars? Such as the player feels when an NA car is within its powerband or the lag and spool of a turbo car?

Creative discussion looks more like they want some more creative input, like they'll ask " what if we do x ?" and you answer " ok, but make it more y "

Maybe it means creative in the sense of discussing the creation process of GT Sport, rather than necessarily giving the developers feedback on the content and ideas of the game. It could be creative as in, a novel or thoughtful discussion. A creative discussion.

I've been here a long time and played since GT1...

It's pointless even asking the questions that people really want to know. But here goes...

PolyphonyD have really promised so many things amd then completely failed to deliver or provided a fraction of the feature some 2 years too late. The fans have grown weary of this. How do you propose to win them back over given the intense competition i n the driving game genre?

examples - livery editor, FIA championship for GT6, Course Maker etv.

Questions sorted by likes so far. (Not all questions were included - some were combined/shortened. Like count isn't 100% accurate for all questions but it should give a decent idea of what people are asking.)

25 Will there be Porsche?
19 Will there be a possibility to earn sponsors for your manufacturer / team?
19 Will GT Sport have and special mode for commentators to talk us through an E-Sport event?
19 Will E-Sport be integrated with some real life motorsport events?
19 Will a player be able to choose a class and build his or her car according to the specs of this class? If so, what are the tools provided for the player?
19 When you see GT Sport in action does it make you feel proud?
19 When racing for a manufacturer, can the virtual driver be dressed in the official factory suits and helmets?
19 When committing to a certain manufacturer, will it unlock certain loyalty bonuses in game for the player?
19 What periods of motorsport you want to cover in GT Sport?
19 What feeling did the team want to capture when working on GT Sport?
19 What did you and your team do to level out the different cars for competing in E-Sport events?
19 What did the FIA think of your RM models you have made and do they have interested in making it an official FIA series?
19 Was working with the different manufacturers easier since GT has established a real name for itself?
19 How will the game be divided percentage wise between normal cars and race cars?
19 Driving for your country and manufacturer is very interesting, how does it exactly work?
19 Does the manufacturer have the power to fire the player as a virtual racedriver if he/she does really bad?
19 Did you work closely with FIA during development?
14 Can we expect to hear more about Isle of Man being in a future Gran Turismo title if not in GT Sport?
13 How do you envisage keeping Gran Turismo a competitive franchise in this market, and what do you think is Gran Turismo Sport's most impressive and unique selling point?
12 What has Polyphony Digital done to improve elements of the offline racing (such as the artificial intelligence and race formats) to more accurately replicate the experience of a real motor race?
11 It looks like GT Sport will feature predominantly current cars, on a level not seen since GT1. How has the team rationalized this approach versus the traditional "encyclopedia" feel of Gran Turismo?
11 Can we expect classic cars for events similar to the real world's Goodwood Revival (especially considering your existing relationship with Lord March)?
10 What is the main purpose of GT Sport? Is it just another Prologue-like game to keep us busy while you are finishing the development of GT7?
9 Will rally be part of GT Sport?
9 Will GTS allows dialing camber/alignment using the inner, middle, outside tire temp reading?
9 Will GT Sport be addressing elements of tire modeling (heating, pressures. etc) and, if so, can you give us some details?
9 Will each car have accurate suspension type modeled?
9 What is your opinion on GT's fictional tracks and how important are those tracks for future Gran Turismo series?
9 How will Yokohama and KW help with the GTS simulation quality this time?
8 Would you consider doing a GT6 Senna-like tribute for other iconic F1 drivers?
8 Will we ever see point to point stages?
8 Will the car data accuracy/simulation be improved?
8 Will all tracks in GT Sport and the eventual GT7 be built from scratch to take advantage of the new hardware and be graphically consistent across all tracks?
8 Are future GTs going to keep rally alive?
7 Will it be possible to have a deeper team management in A spec or B spec mode?
7 Will be ever possible to avoid clone-cars ( same car- same livery) on the grid?
7 What is the next step for the sim-racing genre?
7 What have you learnt from your race driver career that was put on GTS?
7 What do you think of modern car racing?
7 What are the current Vision GT plans?
7 Were you as a team, able to go all out on the present device or the pre existing problems from the PS3 era put a "brake" on your capabilities?
7 Is there a particular car model you're fond of in GTS?
7 Is the Redbull Challenge something to look for also this year?
7 Is GTS going to have all options needed for players to setup realistic races offline?
7 How much have you collaborated with the manufacturers for this title?
7 How have you improved photomode? Will there be more photo travel locations and other features like opening cars?
7 Has your team checked out any GT6 statistics in order to understand its players? And if so, what was the most impressive/interesting?
7 Can we expect more car customizaion?
7 Are there any plans for a Driving Force GT successor?
6 With the release of Forza Motorsport 6:Apex on PC, will Polyphony Digital consider porting the GT series to the PC also?
6 Will there be a results based ranking system to group drivers by ability?
6 Given that GT Sport wants people to represent their nation and or marque how is it going to be ensured that all countries and therefore marques have an adequate number of cars in all classes to fulfil this?
6 Could you describe the developments you have made towards car audio for GT sport?
5 Will there be a drag racing mode?
5 Will Standard cars be included in GT Sport?
5 What is the one thing you have learned from developing the Gran Turismo series and will be implementing in GT Sport?
5 How will Polyphony and Sony be engaging with the community after the launch of the game, if at all?
5 How will Gran Turismo Sport be supported after launch?
5 Are you looking to include any old software/hardware drivers, from GT5 and GT6, for the G25/27 owners to use their wheels for the new and future GT games on PS4?
5 Are you considering the possibility of Gran Turismo becoming a platform for real-world race events live virtualization?
4 Would you like to collaborate with another "GT" - The Grand Tour show by Clarkson, May and Hammond?
4 Will there be rock-solid 60fps?
4 Will there be Pikes Peak Hill Climb?
4 Will there be offline split-screen?
4 Will there be an event generator for on and offline races?
4 Will there be a damage model and how realistic is it?
3 Will there be dedicated servers?
3 Will there be an amazing soundtrack? Will it bigger and better then the previous titles?
3 Will the whole game be included at launch or will features have to be added in through updates?
3 Will real-world tracks be laser scanned?
3 When will the GT6 servers close down?
3 When will GT Sport be released?
3 What is the maximum number of players in an online lobby?
3 What elements of GT7 do you intend to include and/or showcase in GT Sport, without giving away too much?
3 What does the work put into GT Sport mean for the development of GT7? Is it a sort of proving ground for GT7?
3 Is there a shift towards making Gran Turismo more of an online platform?
3 How will the Arcade Mode be setup this time?
2 With this intense focus on esports, how will the offline experience of the game be (Arcade mode details, Career), if any?
2 Will my or my team's loyalty to a manufacturer, benefit me via earnings, trophies, discounts for damage repairs and/or upgrades?
2 Will GTS be the beginning of transferring the User's emotions to avatars, as in one's personal driving style or as a group in teams(in regards to eSport)?
2 Will GT Sport include any Holdens?
2 Will classic cars be included in GT Sport and if so, in what sort of events will they feature?
2 What do you think about virtual reality and how far are you with implementing it?
2 So far GT Academy has been limited to selected countries, will GT Sport and it's FIA events have the same aproach, or people from any country will be able to participate and compete?
2 Is there a way to improve power delivery for the cars? Such as the player feels when an NA car is within its powerband or the lag and spool of a turbo car?
2 Is the course maker going to return for GT Sport?
2 Is it true that Car Manufacturers don't want to see heavy damage on there cars?
2 Is it possible to implement more indie/beginner sports not recognised by the FIA but by the public?
2 How was the working process for the new car sounds? Did you start from scratch?
2 How do you plan on winning back fans of the series after failing to deliver features in the promised timeframe?
2 Are there any plans for the future to include a full and comprehensive Change log with each game update moving forward?
1 Would you be willing to sell the GT series or Polyphony Digital?
1 Will there be a special edition steering wheel or collaboration with a manufacture for a new GT branded wheel?
1 Will GT Sport be free-to-play?
1 Looking back at the development of Gran Turismo 6, what would you liked to have done better or differently?
1 Is GT Sport the game you called GT for Professionals?
1 Do you have a solid plan of development to move the franchise forward?
0 What do you think of MotoGP or motorbikes in general as a part of GT game?
0 What are the DLC plans for GT Sport?
0 Are there going to be any silly, fun online minigames, a la Forza?
0 Are there anymore updates planned for GT6?

Last edited:
Most people have covered what I would probably ask. But, here's one.

Will by chance, GT Sport release with the new PS4.5 and possibly with the VR all as a bundle?

When GT6 was revealed, we were told about creating our own vehicles. The Mario Andretti documentary was part of that revealing. Will GTS have the tools(in depth GTAuto) for such creativity in building a stock road car, into a Grassroots weekend race car and a car built from a generic chassis?

I interpreted that creating our own vehicles meant in-depth customization at least on par that of Forza(real life body kits / parts), and obviously a livery editor of some kind (mix the one in NFS2015 with Forza and that would be great). The features we got in the end are great, but not great enough. Painting our brake calipers red or yellow (like most of us would do) isn't very personal.

I have two big questions. Will we have real endurance races (1 hour +) and will we have full day night cycles on all the tracks? All the 'new' track except from Midfield Raceway had day/night cycles so I hope they appear here since all the tracks are hopefully being redone (apart from Cote de Azur which will never be updated from GT3 forever ;) ).

When GT6 was revealed, we were told about creating our own vehicles. The Mario Andretti documentary was part of that revealing. Will GTS have the tools(in depth GTAuto) for such creativity in building a stock road car, into a Grassroots weekend race car and a car built from a generic chassis?
Seriously. I've been evangelizing this myself since the pre-GT HD days, when GT Planet was a much more discussion oriented place. Race Modding and adding user liveries is such a huge boon to the Forza franchise, it keeps players engaged for well past the life expectancy of their games.

Sadly, this is probably a question which applies more to GT7 than Sport. Still, if Kaz is wanting to give the game serious appeal and legs, that's a one-two punch way to do it.

Seriously. I've been evangelizing this myself since the pre-GT HD days, when GT Planet was a much more discussion oriented place. Race Modding and adding user liveries is such a huge boon to the Forza franchise, it keeps players engaged for well past the life expectancy of their games.

Sadly, this is probably a question which applies more to GT7 than Sport. Still, if Kaz is wanting to give the game serious appeal and legs, that's a one-two punch way to do it.
The "extra" modes and events we were given in GT6, were surprises. So tight lipped to the public, noone saw those things coming.

When the final GTS trailer is shown, people will try to break it down frame by frame. We saw the initial GTS trailer using multi-class cars. I'm just trying ask things in a way that Kaz will be happy to elaborate.

Much will count on the very first car and the last car we see in the next trailer. The fluff in between, we definitely will be wowed with.

GT Sport is going to stir up some fairly intense Gran Turismo interest for some time, and I'm counting on some increasingly vigorous discussion in the forums of what sorts of elements of the automotive and motorsports world should be a part of GT7.

To some extent GT5 and 6 were testing grounds for new tech and thought for GT Sport and 7 both. And no doubt, PD is going to be using GTS as a test for what works and what needs work in GT7. I have a huge post in the word processor of what I want to see in GT7. It has the potential to be quite cyclopedic in the way Forza wants to be, a game in which any car can be built up and liveried to be a world class racer. But Forza is still very much a sandbox racer which kind of grabs and drops you into a hodge podge of races, something that Gran Turismo has also done from the beginning. With the FIA partnership, and some more pro race orienting in GT Sport, GT7 could take a swing towards being a serious sim racer, at least a section of it, which many of us have been asking for. I've been proposing a separate mode for it since the early days before much was known of GT5, and I'm hoping that GT7 gives us that GT Pro Mode Kaz mentioned a few times. GT Sport gives me a bit more hope that this will happen.

As I mentioned on the boards many times before, it's quite a bodacious concept, weaving Race Mod, Livery Editor, Course Maker, Event Maker, and online League Builder tools to enable us to create fantasy leagues for offline as well as online championships and entire racing seasons, with rules and structure unique to each league we create. And with cars we select for each league, balanced and competitive while still having their own advantages, quirks and shortcomings. For offline play, not to mention the single player career, the bot A.I. will have to be improved. For online "co-op" style racing with fields fleshed out with bots, they'll have to be at least on par with other racers such as PCARS, Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom. But mostly, I think the GT bots just need to be faster, and more uniformly so, because a field of cars spread out over a minute and a half from first place to last in a five lap event is just too much.

A lot of discussion like this is what I look forward to over the coming months. It's what GT Planet used to be known for, and I'd love to see again.
:gtplanet: :gtpflag::gtplanet:

GT Sport is going to stir up some fairly intense Gran Turismo interest for some time, and I'm counting on some increasingly vigorous discussion in the forums of what sorts of elements of the automotive and motorsports world should be a part of GT7.

To some extent GT5 and 6 were testing grounds for new tech and thought for GT Sport and 7 both. And no doubt, PD is going to be using GTS as a test for what works and what needs work in GT7. I have a huge post in the word processor of what I want to see in GT7. It has the potential to be quite cyclopedic in the way Forza wants to be, a game in which any car can be built up and liveried to be a world class racer. But Forza is still very much a sandbox racer which kind of grabs and drops you into a hodge podge of races, something that Gran Turismo has also done from the beginning. With the FIA partnership, and some more pro race orienting in GT Sport, GT7 could take a swing towards being a serious sim racer, at least a section of it, which many of us have been asking for. I've been proposing a separate mode for it since the early days before much was known of GT5, and I'm hoping that GT7 gives us that GT Pro Mode Kaz mentioned a few times. GT Sport gives me a bit more hope that this will happen.

As I mentioned on the boards many times before, it's quite a bodacious concept, weaving Race Mod, Livery Editor, Course Maker, Event Maker, and online League Builder tools to enable us to create fantasy leagues for offline as well as online championships and entire racing seasons, with rules and structure unique to each league we create. And with cars we select for each league, balanced and competitive while still having their own advantages, quirks and shortcomings. For offline play, not to mention the single player career, the bot A.I. will have to be improved. For online "co-op" style racing with fields fleshed out with bots, they'll have to be at least on par with other racers such as PCARS, Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom. But mostly, I think the GT bots just need to be faster, and more uniformly so, because a field of cars spread out over a minute and a half from first place to last in a five lap event is just too much.

A lot of discussion like this is what I look forward to over the coming months. It's what GT Planet used to be known for, and I'd love to see again.
:gtplanet: :gtpflag::gtplanet:
I'm thinking he'll elaborate the 7-77 with different modes in gameplay as you mentioned.

How does GTS improve on a car having its own identity as opposed to it just being another number to add to the game? The feeling of actually owning a car and the impact it has. Such methods to emphasise this were in previous GTs and the best iteration was GT5P, where purchasing a car felt like an EVENT an ACHIEVEMENT, so much so that the background music becomes epic and even post purchase when the music becomes uplifting, bright and pioneering.

How can you top that?

First of all, a big thanks to everyone who has posted questions on here.
The post by @Jordan earlier in this thread makes me think that we won't be able to ask questions on Friday and I'm not at all sure what the "creative discussion" will be. However, if we do get the ability to ask questions on Friday, there will be a very limited time after the press event on Thursday to establish what questions were answered and what remain outstanding. I'm sure between us we can make good use of that time though.
Thanks to @Ameer67 for the summary of questions further back, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread during the week.
In preparation for Friday, it will be difficult to read through every post on Thursday night when the forum goes ballistic (!), but I will try to focus on this thread where I can.
I'm no "professional", more Mr Average when it comes to racing and my biggest fear right now is letting down the community. Being one of only 300 or so members of the public to be attending, I do feel a certain duty to serve the forum (and the community at large) as best as I can during the visit on Friday - I'm hyper excited right now and full of trepidation in equal measure. However, when it comes to Friday I know I'm going to have a ball!!! All will become clearer 6.45pm on Thursday :)
(Sorry for the long rambling post)

Back