GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by TayeezSA, May 13, 2016.

1. Melfice7

Melfice7

Hope someone asks if theres any chance of DFGT/G25/27 support

2. Imari

Imari

They can't possibly be taking creative input on features from the public now if they hope to release at the end of the year. At best it would be about fine-tuning numbers, which the developers are in a far better position to do than the public anyway.

no1pal, MarchingSaint and chzsln485 like this.
  3. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

Guess I'll leave my questions then.

GTSport has its focus on big motorsports from what I've seen. Is it possible to implement more indie/beginner sports not recognised by the FIA but by the public? Particularly since these sports are inexpensive compared to let's say LMP1 and much of the public can get involved. Sports such as Autocross, Drag Racing and controlled point to point racing?

And...

(This may be answered when people try out the game, but I dunno, I know it's there in Project CARS though) Is there a way to improve power delivery for the cars? Such as the player feels when an NA car is within its powerband or the lag and spool of a turbo car?

4. chzsln485

chzsln485

Maybe it means creative in the sense of discussing the creation process of GT Sport, rather than necessarily giving the developers feedback on the content and ideas of the game. It could be creative as in, a novel or thoughtful discussion. A creative discussion.

sirjim73 likes this.
  5. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

I thought this was already answered by simply saying G25 and those wheels aren't supported by the PS4 itself? :p

Tenacious D and chzsln485 like this.
  6. Streeto

Streeto

None of those wheels are supported on PS4 (afaik), so how would they work with the game? :confused:

Tenacious D and syntex123 like this.
  7. nickg07

nickg07

I've been here a long time and played since GT1...

It's pointless even asking the questions that people really want to know. But here goes...

PolyphonyD have really promised so many things amd then completely failed to deliver or provided a fraction of the feature some 2 years too late. The fans have grown weary of this. How do you propose to win them back over given the intense competition i n the driving game genre?

examples - livery editor, FIA championship for GT6, Course Maker etv.

Alex p. and chzsln485 like this.
  8. FS7

FS7

Agreed.
    That's basically what I asked in my post.

chzsln485 likes this.
  9. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Questions sorted by likes so far. (Not all questions were included - some were combined/shortened. Like count isn't 100% accurate for all questions but it should give a decent idea of what people are asking.)

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  10. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

Nice job @Ameer67 :tup: your help is much appreciated.

11. speedy_2

speedy_2

Most people have covered what I would probably ask. But, here's one.

Will by chance, GT Sport release with the new PS4.5 and possibly with the VR all as a bundle?

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

When are we getting the N16 Nissan Sunny in the game? only question that matters.

Quakebass, SlipZtrEm and syntex123 like this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

When GT6 was revealed, we were told about creating our own vehicles. The Mario Andretti documentary was part of that revealing. Will GTS have the tools(in depth GTAuto) for such creativity in building a stock road car, into a Grassroots weekend race car and a car built from a generic chassis?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  14. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

I interpreted that creating our own vehicles meant in-depth customization at least on par that of Forza(real life body kits / parts), and obviously a livery editor of some kind (mix the one in NFS2015 with Forza and that would be great). The features we got in the end are great, but not great enough. Painting our brake calipers red or yellow (like most of us would do) isn't very personal.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. dance1211

dance1211

I have two big questions. Will we have real endurance races (1 hour +) and will we have full day night cycles on all the tracks? All the 'new' track except from Midfield Raceway had day/night cycles so I hope they appear here since all the tracks are hopefully being redone (apart from Cote de Azur which will never be updated from GT3 forever ;) ).

16. Dylan

Dylan Premium

Project cars, Forza, and IRacing all have IndyCars. Is there any chance the GT Sport will include a recreation of said vehicles?

17. TS050

TS050 Premium

Have you introduced any new manufacturers with GT Sport? Could you give a few examples?

sirjim73, no1pal, Johnnypenso and 2 others like this.
  18. eisento

eisento

Gran turismo sport language ? (multilanguage? English deutsch French hungary?:D:confused: ) public beta?

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

Seriously. I've been evangelizing this myself since the pre-GT HD days, when GT Planet was a much more discussion oriented place. Race Modding and adding user liveries is such a huge boon to the Forza franchise, it keeps players engaged for well past the life expectancy of their games.

Sadly, this is probably a question which applies more to GT7 than Sport. Still, if Kaz is wanting to give the game serious appeal and legs, that's a one-two punch way to do it.

MarchingSaint and 05XR8 like this.
  20. Sharpie

Sharpie

Kaz is the fastest muffin around.

Tenacious D likes this.
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

The "extra" modes and events we were given in GT6, were surprises. So tight lipped to the public, noone saw those things coming.

When the final GTS trailer is shown, people will try to break it down frame by frame. We saw the initial GTS trailer using multi-class cars. I'm just trying ask things in a way that Kaz will be happy to elaborate.

Much will count on the very first car and the last car we see in the next trailer. The fluff in between, we definitely will be wowed with.

MarchingSaint and Tenacious D like this.
  22. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

GT Sport is going to stir up some fairly intense Gran Turismo interest for some time, and I'm counting on some increasingly vigorous discussion in the forums of what sorts of elements of the automotive and motorsports world should be a part of GT7.

To some extent GT5 and 6 were testing grounds for new tech and thought for GT Sport and 7 both. And no doubt, PD is going to be using GTS as a test for what works and what needs work in GT7. I have a huge post in the word processor of what I want to see in GT7. It has the potential to be quite cyclopedic in the way Forza wants to be, a game in which any car can be built up and liveried to be a world class racer. But Forza is still very much a sandbox racer which kind of grabs and drops you into a hodge podge of races, something that Gran Turismo has also done from the beginning. With the FIA partnership, and some more pro race orienting in GT Sport, GT7 could take a swing towards being a serious sim racer, at least a section of it, which many of us have been asking for. I've been proposing a separate mode for it since the early days before much was known of GT5, and I'm hoping that GT7 gives us that GT Pro Mode Kaz mentioned a few times. GT Sport gives me a bit more hope that this will happen.

As I mentioned on the boards many times before, it's quite a bodacious concept, weaving Race Mod, Livery Editor, Course Maker, Event Maker, and online League Builder tools to enable us to create fantasy leagues for offline as well as online championships and entire racing seasons, with rules and structure unique to each league we create. And with cars we select for each league, balanced and competitive while still having their own advantages, quirks and shortcomings. For offline play, not to mention the single player career, the bot A.I. will have to be improved. For online "co-op" style racing with fields fleshed out with bots, they'll have to be at least on par with other racers such as PCARS, Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom. But mostly, I think the GT bots just need to be faster, and more uniformly so, because a field of cars spread out over a minute and a half from first place to last in a five lap event is just too much.

A lot of discussion like this is what I look forward to over the coming months. It's what GT Planet used to be known for, and I'd love to see again.
    :gtplanet: :gtpflag::gtplanet:

MarchingSaint, syntex123 and 05XR8 like this.
  23. gtracedriver1

gtracedriver1

Please ask about Nascar and cockpit modeled for all cars including VGT :banghead:

mrnascar242424 and Tenacious D like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm thinking he'll elaborate the 7-77 with different modes in gameplay as you mentioned.

Tenacious D likes this.
  25. Speedracer8218

Speedracer8218

Since it's been mentioned that GTS will include premiums and semi-premiums only, what is the car count for GTS? Out of those how many are new models?

Tenacious D, DarthMosco and no1pal like this.
  26. The87Dodge

The87Dodge (Banned)

How many standard cars will there be in GTS?

27. Chikane

Chikane

:banghead:

Also i don't really have a question. But would like to know if GTS will only feature Race Cars or will it also have street Cars?

no1pal and syntex123 like this.
  28. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

Yes it will @Chikane, you saw the new MX5 in the trailer. ;)

Tenacious D, Chikane and dylanlikes88 like this.
  29. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

How does GTS improve on a car having its own identity as opposed to it just being another number to add to the game? The feeling of actually owning a car and the impact it has. Such methods to emphasise this were in previous GTs and the best iteration was GT5P, where purchasing a car felt like an EVENT an ACHIEVEMENT, so much so that the background music becomes epic and even post purchase when the music becomes uplifting, bright and pioneering.

How can you top that?

Imari, no1pal, Tenacious D and 3 others like this.
  30. sirjim73

sirjim73

First of all, a big thanks to everyone who has posted questions on here.
    The post by @Jordan earlier in this thread makes me think that we won't be able to ask questions on Friday and I'm not at all sure what the "creative discussion" will be. However, if we do get the ability to ask questions on Friday, there will be a very limited time after the press event on Thursday to establish what questions were answered and what remain outstanding. I'm sure between us we can make good use of that time though.
    Thanks to @Ameer67 for the summary of questions further back, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread during the week.
    In preparation for Friday, it will be difficult to read through every post on Thursday night when the forum goes ballistic (!), but I will try to focus on this thread where I can.
    I'm no "professional", more Mr Average when it comes to racing and my biggest fear right now is letting down the community. Being one of only 300 or so members of the public to be attending, I do feel a certain duty to serve the forum (and the community at large) as best as I can during the visit on Friday - I'm hyper excited right now and full of trepidation in equal measure. However, when it comes to Friday I know I'm going to have a ball!!! All will become clearer 6.45pm on Thursday :)
    (Sorry for the long rambling post)