GT Sport Unveiling Q&A Session Questions

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 204 comments
@sirjim73 - don't worry about "letting down the community" - that's not what the event is about, it's about getting to experience the game! The important thing is figuring out what you think of it, whether it stacks up with your personal check-list or not.

Have fun. And keep an eye on @Jordan - he's faster than you might expect. When @Terronium-12 and I met him at the GT6 event in NYC in 2013, he promptly handed us both our butts in GT3 cars at Silverstone. :P

I bet he'll be happy to discuss that, after the wrestling match of programming on PS3.

I'm wondering if he'd just say, "The architecture." PS3 had so many little gates and drawbridges between the Cell processor, RSX GPU and the divided ram. PS4 has a proper multicore CPU, a potent GPU, and loads of fast ram, all connected by highway-like data paths.

I'm looking forward to racing games which have proper shadows! I spent the day playing GT6 in celebration of GT Sport's imminent reveal, and I had a blast. But the shadows in those PS3 games are pretty bad. You need ram to hold good shadow maps, and that's one huge advantage PS4 has over PS3, so Sport should look delicious. And then GT7, with even more development time... get out the virtual cameras! :dopey:

I bet he'll be happy to discuss that, after the wrestling match of programming on PS3.

I'm wondering if he'd just say, "The architecture." PS3 had so many little gates and drawbridges between the Cell processor, RSX GPU and the divided ram. PS4 has a proper multicore CPU, a potent GPU, and loads of fast ram, all connected by highway-like data paths.

I'm looking forward to racing games which have proper shadows! I spent the day playing GT6 in celebration of GT Sport's imminent reveal, and I had a blast. But the shadows in those PS3 games are pretty bad. You need ram to hold good shadow maps, and that's one huge advantage PS4 has over PS3, so Sport should look delicious. And then GT7, with even more development time... get out the virtual cameras! :dopey:

And talking about GT7, and this is also another question to him 💡. What are you going to do for, and, will GT7 will be like GT6 for the 15th anniversary, the 20th anniversary game?? :cheers::confused::lol:

20years! Jeez, I forgot.
The most memorable thing about starting up GT1:

Seeing and hearing the PS screen as the sound fades, while the game loads. Then, the dusk sky, trees blowing and the birds chirping. History was made.

I hope GTS can bring out such emotion and deliver a new experience to all players.

20years! Jeez, I forgot.

Seeing and hearing the PS screen as the sound fades, while the game loads. Then, the dusk sky, trees blowing and the birds chirping. History was made.

I hope GTS can bring out such emotion and deliver a new experience to all players.
What I really hope it's to see, like uncharted 4 did with crash (thanks Naughty dog) :cheers:, that PD or someone at Sony can recreate that uncharted scene with the Gran turismo flavor for the 20th anniversary! ♥

20years! Jeez, I forgot.

In my case, it was GT2, because it took a while for the full impact of what Gran Turismo 1 was to sink in. And if I recall properly, we had to load the Arcade disc to watch the intro movie, soundtracked with The Cardigans' "My Favorite Game" here in America.

I was thinking that sense of awe is more suited to GT7. But then I recall the sheer hype of learning about GT5 Prologue, and how many of us here ordered copies from Asia when some enterprising member discovered a reputable online store which shipped quickly to the rest of the world. Prologue gave many of us the chills when we got our import copies, which fortunately had English language content. It was definitely a unique experience, seeing all those cars in HD quality. GT Sport has a chance to do that once more, and I expect it will. And then, GT7 will do it all over again. :bowdown:

@sirjim73 - don't worry about "letting down the community" - that's not what the event is about, it's about getting to experience the game! The important thing is figuring out what you think of it, whether it stacks up with your personal check-list or not.

Have fun. And keep an eye on @Jordan - he's faster than you might expect. When @Terronium-12 and I met him at the GT6 event in NYC in 2013, he promptly handed us both our butts in GT3 cars at Silverstone. :P

I fully expect to have my butt handed to me by pretty much everyone on Friday, just as long they keep their hands off my butt in the process :lol:

Didn't help when I tried to use my Thrustmaster T150 wheel at the weekend on GT6 only to find it wasn't compatible and I had to go back to the controller instead . It's almost guaranteed that we'll be driving with wheels on Friday rather than controllers.

I fully expect to have my butt handed to me by pretty much everyone on Friday, just as long they keep their hands off my butt in the process :lol:

Didn't help when I tried to use my Thrustmaster T150 wheel at the weekend on GT6 only to find it wasn't compatible and I had to go back to the controller instead . It's almost guaranteed that we'll be driving with wheels on Friday rather than controllers.

I think they'll probably have both set up, there are going to be a couple hundred fans + media and I doubt they'll have enough wheel pods to accommodate, those things aren't cheap.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-community-qa/

Kaz personally committed to answering questions. At least that´s what was informed to us by Jordan, in the quoted link.

I understand there´s so many questions he could realistically answer, or some he wouldn't want to, but he didn't answer a single one.

Maybe he just forgot. Might as well remind him there´s two whole databases packed with feedback, sorted by 'Likes': the Q&A and the suggestions subforums.

Personally, I don't care about him typing the answers two years late. What I want to know is that he personally read the most popular questions and suggestions, so that we know PD considered GTPlanet's feedback for the new titles.

To me a "Yes I read both", or "No but I will" answer is good enough. The thing is, for us to know that then he has to be asked about the Q&A, since he didn't answer the questions.

--------------------------------------------------------

About the discussion of asking him in person about the livery editor feature, that is the second most requested feature for the series, right after improving the sounds. Obvious question to ask.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/features.341/?order=first_post_likes

Similar situation with Porsches. They are the most important missing piece of content from the whole series. Obvious question, always will be for every new game.

Plus in GT Sport Porsche would be missed more than in any other GT game, making the question ...be even more obvious. Porsche is among the most successful racing car manufacturers in history, many if not most would say the number one, and the game is about representing brands. It'd like a F1 game without Ferrari.

PD wouldn't have hosted the Q&A in first place if they didn't want people asking them questions. They know before hand what the obvious ones are and have prepared answers for them. Those obvious community questions are sounds, livery editor, Porsches, standard cars and the previous Q&A, in that order.

In other words, if PD felt uncomfortable about those five obvious questions then they wouldn't have hosted a two-days long live public Q&A to begin with, inviting users of this site to ask them questions. Those facts tell us PD is not uncomfortable about this at all. Go ask: it's our only chance.

I think they'll probably have both set up, there are going to be a couple hundred fans + media and I doubt they'll have enough wheel pods to accommodate, those things aren't cheap.

Good point.

Anyway, enough chat, have now caught up with today's forum posts in the GT Sport forum so its time to get some more practice in ready for Friday... :D

...Something else that I just thought of: the pricing and the post-launch DLC plans. Also, how will this title tie into (presumably) upcoming GT7?

Will we finally get to drive this...

mercedes-cigarette-vision-gt-boat-7.jpg

??​

Will Gran Turismo Sport have Tuning shops like Nismo?

To add onto this, can certain parts of a tuning shop have certain kinds of characteristics on the car?

For example: HKS turbos have a distinct blow off valve sound and have the highest rated HP gain but stress the engine more.

Mines Tuning have the best ECUs and control over your car's engine behaviour but you have to pay a premium and tune your car accordingly.

I must be tired, especially since I'm falling asleep in my chair for the fifth time. :P So it occured to me today at work, as I was falling asleep in my chair for the fifth time...

GT5 Prologue had an economy to spur doing events over again to amass the funds to buy all the cars in the game. Will credits play a part in GT Sport, or is it going to use winning races and other events to open up additional content in the game? Or, will it be like Project CARS in that everything is available from the start?

Whilst GT6 had a tonne of features, time of day, weather, rally, NASCAR, GT, Drift, Tuner, track selection etc. the career itself very rarely took full advantage of what was available. Are you looking at incorporating the features you have made more fully into the experience?

Also will the career be integrated with online this time? You could take full advantage of the features online but the rewards were not as good as single player.

Will credits play a part in GT Sport, or is it going to use winning races and other events to open up additional content in the game? Or, will it be like Project CARS in that everything is available from the start?
Will there be credits/car dealerships and progression, or will there be a garage system like Project Cars?
Ideally PD should implement both.

Have a traditional GT mode where players earn credits to buy cars and customize them, and have an arcade/custom mode where all cars & tracks are available from the start and players can do time trial & custom races against AI.
Same for online, have all cars available from the start as courtesy cars and have the option for host to block courtesy cars and limit car selection to career garage only.
It's a win-win situation imo.

FS7

Have a traditional GT mode where players earn credits to buy cars and customize them, and have an arcade/custom mode where all cars & tracks are available from the start and players can do time trial & custom races against AI.
Same for online, have all cars available from the start as courtesy cars and have the option for host to block courtesy cars and limit car selection to career garage only.

I think GT will use a different strategy this time because GT Sport doesn't seem to be focusing on collecting cars but rather racing them. Looking forward to see what they have come up with.

FS7

Sounds great in theory but as an avid online racer I can tell you that, without tuning, you cannot be competitive online. So having all cars available as courtesy cars online sounds great in theory, but in reality it isn't much of a benefit for online racers trying to compete against tuned cars. The only place it'll be of benefit is in races limited to courtesy cars only and given that tuning and customization is a huge part of the game, I can't see that type of racing being very popular.

Sounds great in theory but as an avid online racer I can tell you that, without tuning, you cannot be competitive online. So having all cars available as courtesy cars online sounds great in theory, but in reality it isn't much of a benefit for online racers trying to compete against tuned cars. The only place it'll be of benefit is in races limited to courtesy cars only and given that tuning and customization is a huge part of the game, I can't see that type of racing being very popular.
Host being able to restrict car choice to courtesy cars-only would be a nice option to have, in addition to the other options already mentioned.
The upgrade/setup issue is something that PD should had fixed long time ago. I generally prefer to race non-upgraded cars but I want to have the option to adjust setup, it makes no sense not being able to ban/allow those things separately. Another great option to have would be the option to allow only specific upgrades, I generally don't like installing every single upgrade available on a road car but depending on the car/track it's interesting to have custom transmission, maybe custom suspension.

I'd like to see a major change to B-Spec mode, maybe a "B-Spec+", which would be in addition to the normal B-Spec. In "+" mode you would run through a series of preset circuit races in disparate vehicle types, and the game would develop an algorithm of your driving style and methods, and then imprint this into a B-Spec representation of yourself.

This would make directors mode far more competitive and less annoying, but I would make the "driver training programme" expensive, to make it a serious purchase, and to prevent it from being used too early in the game. Maybe 1,000,000.cr per trained driver, and an additional 500,000.cr for any subsequent update which you would like to input to change its driving style later.

Back