GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can offer a steady 30 fps with rain on the ps4, I wouldnt mind at all.

However I somehow hope that they are working on some technical magic to accomplish 60fps with rain and they're just taking their time...

edit: corrected some spelling

How badly did dynamic weather affect games like GT5 and GT6?

From Wikipedia :

"Time-of-day notations beyond 24:00 (such as 24:01 or 25:00 instead of 00:01 or 01:00) are not commonly used and not covered by the relevant standards. However, they have been used occasionally in some special contexts in the UK, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China where business hours extend beyond midnight, such as broadcast television production and scheduling."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock

Since PD headquarters were located in Japan this is common practice there. For example :

"Bars or clubs may advertise as being open until "26:00" (i.e. 2 am). This is partly to avoid any ambiguity (2 am versus 2 pm), partly because the closing time is considered part of the previous business day, and perhaps also due to cultural perceptions that the hours of darkness are counted as part of the previous day, rather than dividing the night between one day and the next."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_in_Japan#Time

Wait what?

If you use hour 25 , then you don't use am & pm so the difference between 2 am (02:00) and 2pm (14:00) is obvious

Issues like FPS drops and stuttering and extremely long loading times were common.And the complex cell architecture of the ps3 didnt help things either
For PCars 2 framerate droppes up to 35% with weather effects. So a constant 30 FPS with rain is doable?

From Wikipedia :

"Time-of-day notations beyond 24:00 (such as 24:01 or 25:00 instead of 00:01 or 01:00) are not commonly used and not covered by the relevant standards. However, they have been used occasionally in some special contexts in the UK, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China where business hours extend beyond midnight, such as broadcast television production and scheduling."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock

Since PD headquarters were located in Japan this is common practice there.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_in_Japan#Time

Gran Turismo The Real Knowledge Simulator

For PCars 2 framerate droppes up to 35% with weather effects. So a constant 30 FPS with rain is doable?

PD probably wants to keep the game at 60 FPS at all times,i wouldn't mind every race with rain at 30 FPS it's a nice trade off,DriveClub rain is still the gold standard for games and it's locked at 30 FPS

https://media.giphy.com/media/2XflxzuLEHu4dzDeIqA/giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's still coming to GTS. If they're handcrafting the visual look like all of the different time conditions, then it's more of just a time consuming art process especially if they're doing it for the majority of tracks.

Just wish they would be more transparant. Like I said my guess is they are taking their time to do some technical magic to have weather and 60 fps.

They aren't going to drop the framerate to 30fps for rain implementation.
Well this is PD who knows, last gen they choose rain over framerate.
maxresdefault.jpg

But i still think they gonna aim for 60fps locked. Rain will be probably on some tracks like Suzuka and Le Mans. They teased us months ago, i really wanna see rain on some proper race tracks.

maxresdefault.jpg

But i still think they gonna aim for 60fps locked. Rain will be probably on some tracks like Suzuka and Le Mans. They teased us months ago, i really wanna see rain on some proper race tracks.

GTSport performance and stability is in a completely different league and shows where their priority is right now though, plus Kaz made it clear how important 60fps is especially now that GT is focused on competitive multiplayer racing. On PS3 they were just trying to do too much on complex hardware, plus Sony was touting 1080p on ps3 and probably tried to push Polyphony in rendering the full HD res.

They could have locked the framerate during rain in GT5/6 to 30fps but instead let it remain uncapped, so they were obviously striving for 60fps even back then.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

We have rain tires in this game. It would be silly of PD to include the tires and then never give us rain.

GTSport performance and stability is in a completely different league and shows where their priority is right now though, plus Kaz made it clear how important 60fps is especially now that GT is focused on competitive multiplayer racing. On PS3 they were just trying to do too much on complex hardware, plus Sony was touting 1080p on ps3 and probably tried to push Polyphony in rendering the full HD res.

They could have locked the framerate during rain in GT5/6 to 30fps but instead let it remain uncapped, so they were obviously striving for 60fps even back then.
Yeah i know thats why i said i expect them to do locked 60fps with rain :).

Just wish they would be more transparant. Like I said my guess is they are taking their time to do some technical magic to have weather and 60 fps.

Yeah that's the issue with Kaz. He says it's coming, the way he says it or at least the translation makes it seem like it will be soon, but then it always takes forever. :lol:

IIRC, we can't choose the tires in that mode, correct? So what are they for? I can do a race right now with them on. Why give us the choice if we can never actually use them?

They're locked at SS though

Shows how long it's been since I've bothered with those tests... :lol:

Still, it's been over 10 months since release. I'd be just as willing to chalk that whole situation up as a gaff (where the rain tires are meant to be equipped for the tests). We're coming up on three years since the game was announced, and who knows how much longer in terms of development. Sport could get a No Man's Sky-style relaunch with full weather, but that's a big "if".

Shows how long it's been since I've bothered with those tests... :lol:

Still, it's been over 10 months since release. I'd be just as willing to chalk that whole situation up as a gaff (where the rain tires are meant to be equipped for the tests). We're coming up on three years since the game was announced, and who knows how much longer in terms of development. Sport could get a No Man's Sky-style relaunch with full weather, but that's a big "if".

We're still super early into the FiA championships. I doubt the game is nearing the end of its life anytime soon.

It is unlikely to have a long life like GTA (over 5 years old now) because there are no microtransactions, but I don't see why it can't go on for another year or two. Hopefull by updating the game so often as they have been, they may continue to see the game sell well.

I mean come on, we don't even have all the paints yet :lol: it can't be done :P

We're still super early into the FiA championships. I doubt the game is nearing the end of its life anytime soon.

It is unlikely to have a long life like GTA (over 5 years old now) because there are no microtransactions, but I don't see why it can't go on for another year or two. Hopefull by updating the game so often as they have been, they may continue to see the game sell well.

I mean come on, we don't even have all the paints yet :lol: it can't be done :P

As long as there are championships like the FIA Nations and Manufacturer I will play.

This is GT-Sport and like Sparta it does not care about anything, it is whatever Kaz wants it to be, and they are doing everything just like they want to. In any sane comparisons most if not all that post here has had their return of investment more than covered. And there is plenty of alternatives out there to play if something different is wanted. I think that the reason the game is so incredible is for the same exact reason, it is one team doing everything, they do not send anything to sweatshops it is made in Japan. And imho this game is in it for the looooong run. At some point we will get Paid DLC but before that lots of free updates will arrive and rain is likely to make it as well..

Just drive harder!

Any word on whether this update is going to contain more content for gt league?

It seems logical to believe there will be a Kei car event with the cars being added this time. Plus there's likely to be races added on the new track. But we don't know any specifics till they publish the update details on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back