GT Sport Update 1.45 Now Available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 365 comments
I don't know if this sarcasm or not but I just like it.

Just to annoy those Spa whiners even more.
No, it’s not sarcasm, it is anger. I think it’s ******** we still don’t have it in the game. Not necessarily because of what the track is, but because we’ve now not added a new track to the game since June. It’s going to be late October before we potentially get a new one. Spa seems like fun, but at this point, I want a new track period.

If anyone here has 5 million to spare, can anyone experiment with the Corvette Stingray Racer to see if it has the potential to knock out first place in Nostalgic 1979?
You'll need to spend 25,559Mi to get the power up and weight down, and change the gearbox, but yes. Although the brakes are terrible and it's very lively, and slower than the Cobra Daytona.

No, it’s not sarcasm, it is anger. I think it’s ******** we still don’t have it in the game. Not necessarily because of what the track is, but because we’ve now not added a new track to the game since June. It’s going to be late October before we potentially get a new one. Spa seems like fun, but at this point, I want a new track period.
I am just playing the waiting game here and not even being bothered by the lack of Spa. It's the amount of salt that I'm seeing which makes me laugh.

This video describes me right now with the situation. Just waiting on it and not being bothered by the lack of it.

You'll need to spend 25,559Mi to get the power up and weight down, and change the gearbox, but yes. Although the brakes are terrible and it's very lively, and slower than the Cobra Daytona.

So it's twice 25,559Mi then :confused: ?

Screenshot_20190926-080745~2.png

:lol::lol::lol:

Very good looking rain there!

As for why I'm not feeling that disappointed, the worst could be if both Tokyo wet and Spa didnt present in this update. Lack of spa is bit disappointing but the Tokyo Wet offsets that albeit gave me a weird impressions which means that the release predictions will be greatly screwed.

My guess is that they're releasing Spa with wet conditions as well and that's why its taken longer than we thought. I understand if thats the case.

The changes to the tyre model are
Talking about the actual tyre model that have change a few since the last physic update , i think i'm going to put back the hard piece of rubber inside the spring of my G29 brake pedal . I have changed it for a softer one few monthes ago , but i have felt after the last physic update that braking strongly full down the brake pedal is not the best way to brake and contain the inertia of the car. There is a better braking level on the pedal that stay a little higher on the course , without unbalancing the car when your brake balance is on the rear , and principally not turning the front tyres noisy and a few less grippy , in my opinion. A sensation i have.
The very hard rubber of the G29 pedal seems to be exactly on this point or at least it make a good reference for the driver.

Two tracḱs with rain. Two! Looks like wet but... no. You can see puddles, but they are not there. Try Red Bull Ring in Project Cars, you need to take the wet line. In GTS? Nope! It's just all over less grip. This is poor, like a racing game from the 20th century, far away from "the real driving simulator".

I can totally get why there's no circuit experience for the rainy layouts, as it seems to me that circuit experience additions are mostly for learning layouts in themselves, rather than certain conditions. I'd wager once we get Spa, we'll get a circuit experience for that.

Otherwise, I can dig this update, even if some people say it's sparse. The fact there's enough content at all to keep up the monthly updates is pretty neat, if you ask me - and with two new-to-GT cars, to boot.

For those who are still waiting for download and installation:
Here´s a short presentation of the 4 new cars and a 3 laps race on Tokyo Expressway in the rain.
A wet surface doesn't make this track better and i bet the first weekly race there in sports mode will end in chaos. :rolleyes:

I like the new cars and think the update is a good addition to the game. Maybe there are also some masochists who like a wreck fest on this rainy track. :lol:

Mini update review here:

- The Camaro ZL1 is a great new-to-series addition and breathes new life into the American part of the brand central. That area of the game was in desperate need of some new models, so I’m glad this update addressed that issue. The Camaro itself is an excellent drive and a blast in the N700 custom races. It’s able to go head to head with the leading Huayras on professional difficulty, no tuning required, on more handling and braking-focused tracks like Suzuka.

- The Dodge Super Bee is probably one of the worst cars I’ve ever driven in a racing game. It’s a literal brick on wheels. Since it can’t go over 200km/h, it has horrible suspension, it doesn’t look that great and I have no sense of nostalgia or an attachment to it I don’t see myself coming back to this one much. The existing Challenger isn’t much better but it’s at least better in some ways. But at least it’s nice to get a second original Sport model in this update rather than another redone Muscle Car from GT6.

- I haven’t driven the Corvette StingRacer yet but I’m glad it’s not 10 million or more. That would have been crazy. I can understand that it’s in Group X when the Plymouth is a road car because in GT6 the StingRacer was classified as a racing car while the XNR was classified as a road car. Hopefully I can get this one tomorrow. Yet another car that will do very well in the livery editor portion of the game. As far as actual online league racing goes, this should make a good rival for the Shelby Cobra Daytona with a little BoP.

- The Ferrari Daytona is another mid-pack runner down in the lower tiers of N-Class. Since the F50 basically owns this territory for Ferrari, I don’t think this one will be used very much. Not to mention the Miura is a more useful car in nearly every way besides the crazy price. Speaking of price, the hike on this was pretty extreme. I don’t agree with it being 1,000,000. It just isn’t worth as much as an Enzo in my opinion. This is another one that’s going to do very well in the livery editor though.

- Tokyo Expressway in the rain is interesting although I don’t think any huge portion of the community was really asking for it. I still think it would have been better on PD’s part to include Spa in this update. The tracks themselves are the same ones we’ve driven on, but the rain and especially in the night conditions makes the area much more interesting. It gives me nostalgic vibes of racing in the rain at night at SSR5 in GT5. The dynamics of when the puddles are present vs the dry interior of tunnels and the grip difference is cool too.

- Rainy shots in scapes are pretty cool but you have to be pretty zoomed in to get a good picture.

- Updated Michelin decals are a good bonus, now I can clear out some of the ones in my online collection for some other decals.

Overall the update again wasn’t anything groundbreaking and the lack of Spa hurts the game and the hype surrounding it, but the night-time rain and the Camaro ZL1 are really nice additions so I can’t complain about those. I look forward to getting the Corvette to use in the classic car races in GT League.

Two tracḱs with rain. Two! Looks like wet but... no. You can see puddles, but they are not there. Try Red Bull Ring in Project Cars, you need to take the wet line. In GTS? Nope! It's just all over less grip. This is poor, like a racing game from the 20th century, far away from "the real driving simulator".
I don’t even know how they can pull off rain at 60 fps with a 2012 CPU. We should be glad that they actually made this miracle, people that want a more simulative experience with these graphics should just give up and wait for next gen.

Was hyped for the Camaro ZL1, update downloaded, went straight to the Chevy dealership.

Took it to Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop, and after the first few corners I was already laughing from the craziness :lol: the ZL1 is stupid fun. It doesn't do precision and finesse, oh no. After going around for a few laps I've practically given up on caressing the car through low- and mid-speed corners because the engine just puts out an immense amount of torque. You can finesse it, but it requires a lot more work and concentration.

Though I have to say, the crazy handling was not surprising. What IS surprising, however, are the brakes. For something that weighs the same as a barge, it actually has decent stopping power. Just don't do anything reckless and the brakes are sufficient enough and will serve you right.

Final comment on the car: vulgar. The handling, the engine, the bodywork, even the graphics on the instrument panel. It's like a huge middle finger to the bespoke league of European sports cars that indulge in being exquisite. They're having a nice tea party and all of a sudden the Camaro comes along, crashes the party and takes down everything with a jackhammer, a chainsaw and an AR-15, all while shouting "Murica!!" It's like taking a fierce, stray dog that's had a few fights and turning it into a pet. Still as fierce when it goes out there, but you can actually get it to behave and obey your commands. The Camaro does have modern engineering and performance but it's still a muscle car underneath. If you want precision and feel good about shaving off that last .002 seconds off your lap time, stick to the 911 GT3 RS.

*switches channel to gt sport update
*immediately switches back to racing spa francorchamps in another game.

Seriously the online drama about the gt updates is more entertaining than some of the actual tracks in gt sport.

Latest Posts

Back