GT Sport Update 1.56 Arrives Tomorrow, Adds Aston Martin DBR9

I was looking forward to make this. One more addition to my remake of the nostalgic 90's Japanese GT1 car selection. Keep it coming!

180SX.jpg

Currently 84 percent copying. Almost 45 minutes later.

..... A minutes of download.
The patch system of the PS4 is an joke. Hopefully PS5 will be better...

With GT Sport we got a massive boost in both things, but we can't have it all (the enormous amount of cars and tracks GT6 had) because high quality graphics and assets take so much time to develop.
GT6 was criticized for the graphics?

I agree with you that assets take time. Hopefully PD can take their cars and use them on PS5. But the tracks need to be rebuilt again imo. The quality isn't up their, considering next gen will have more power and tracks are the weakpoint of this gen racing games.

Last edited:
You need to finish an event to get the daily workout car. It's not enough to lap 42km in mileage lobby. Of course you know this, but in case anyone else is wondering.
No, you don't understand. The bug means that I will not get the daily workout car, eve , regardless of what I do.

I've tried absolutely everything possible. Please don't make it this is fixable by user, it really isn't.

I agree with you that assets take time. Hopefully PD can take their cars and use them on PS5. But the tracks need to be rebuilt again imo. The quality isn't up their, considering next gen will have more power and tracks are the weakpoint of this gen racing games.
Well, it didnt have such bad graphics, but it wasnt barely any improvement over the previous GT and also had the low quality standards

Penalty TWEAKS???
They have effectively disabled collision penalties!

Just watch the recording of today's live stream of TheKie25 on YouTube.

They tested the "tweaked" penalty system: punting other cars off track goes unpunished every time. Ramming other cars' side while cornering goes unpunished most of the time.
Only overtaking under Yellow, track limit violations and ramming the barriers gets punished! :banghead:

That way daily races will decent into Anarchy, again. Just like last December / January... 🤬

Top split lobbies will be fine, but everything else will be total chaos... 🤬

I won't participate in any daily races 'til Polyphony has fixed this mess! Only Qualifying, private lobbies and maybe FIA races for the foreseeable future for me....

Sorry for that rant, but today's update has convinced me that Polyphony is unwilling to fix this mess! They don't care anymore. For publicity they only need top split drivers at their world tour events and YouTubers. Aside from that they only care about the next GT release for PS5...

This leads us to believe that the other cars in that category from the '00s' can be added

- Ford GT GT1 Matech
- Saleen S7-R
- Ferrari 575 GT1
- Lambo Murciélago GT1
- GM Corvette C6.R
- Maserati MC12 GT1

These cars can be allocated in the Gr.3 category, with some BOP work

I also hope that the FIA GT 90 'cars will also appear.

I don't think so. The DBR9 in BoP configuration is a dud. This car is so heavy, it will kill the tyres in daily c and FIA events very quickly.

It would've been far better if they had created a separate category for these cars. The same goes for the McLaren F1 GTR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone find it strange how some N class cars handle like they're on rails while others are tailhappy as a heck despite being really similar in performance? Like this 180SX doesn't slide at all on its skinny SH tires but then there's the old RX-7 with similar skinny SH tires that you can barely turn without it sliding. Odd inconsistencies in this game.

They tested the "tweaked" penalty system: punting other cars off track goes unpunished every time. Ramming other cars' side while cornering goes unpunished most of the time.
Only overtaking under Yellow, track limit violations and ramming the barriers gets punished! :banghead:

That way daily races will decent into Anarchy, again. Just like last December / January... 🤬

Not what I wanted to hear this morning...

They don't care anymore. For publicity they only need top split drivers at their world tour events and YouTubers.

WTE I get but YouTubers have been raking them over the coals about the penalty system. You would think they would respond to that kind of bad publicity.

DBR9 with bop feels like it is broken, and in case of McLaren there at least was super sexy sound, GT1 Aston just don't bring it on:). Car still looks classy, GT1 times memories and nostalgia!

Penalty TWEAKS???
They have effectively disabled collision penalties!

Just watch the recording of today's live stream of TheKie25 on YouTube.

If it's just a slightly tweaked version of the last penalty "update" you can also get a contact penalty for being hit by a spinning car.

If it's just a slightly tweaked version of the last penalty "update" you can also get a contact penalty for being hit by a spinning car.

Watch Kie's Video. They tested the new penalties in an open Gr 3 lobby at Interlagos. (right after testing the Gr 4 BoP at Autopolis)

The patch system of the PS4 is an joke. Hopefully PS5 will be better...

Tracks have already been remodelled to PS4/PS5 standards. But certain trackside assists will be lower LOD than modelled to maintain framerate. Plus textures will obviously be bumped up on PS5. As important will be more effects like motion blur to give a filmic image.

I took the new Aston beauty to the Nordschleife. This thing really flys around the track. :lol:

Laptime on Hard tires without BoP: 6:31.495 👍

The interior sound is actually pretty close, it's just missing the throatiness, it's almost as if PD cleaned up the sound sample too much.

Polyphony should establish a GTE class between Gr. 3 and Gr. 2.

Would be kinda pointless, GTE and GT3 are actually pretty close when the BOP doesn't skew things to keep the GT3s behind the GTE cars in IMSA and Road To Le Mans.

I don't think so. The DBR9 in BoP configuration is a dud. This car is so heavy, it will kill the tyres in daily c and FIA events very quickly.

It would've been far better if they had created a separate category for these cars. The same goes for the McLaren F1 GTR.
I suggested the F1 GTR should've been in Gr.2 from the start in the DBR9 reveal thread and got roundly shamed because "it ran the same lap times" as today's GT3 cars; nevermind that with 600 horsepower and 2400 pounds it's specs sit right on top of the '16 GT500s.

I've no idea why they go to the trouble to model the cars semi-realistically and then BoP them with a 25% performance penalty to shoehorn into Gr. 3.

I suggested the F1 GTR should've been in Gr.2 from the start in the DBR9 reveal thread and got roundly shamed because "it ran the same lap times" as today's GT3 cars; nevermind that with 600 horsepower and 2400 pounds it's specs sit right on top of the '16 GT500s.
Power/weight numbers are just that, numbers, there's also factors such as aero that ultimately determine the lap times and as a result, car classification.

Would be kinda pointless, GTE and GT3 are actually pretty close when the BOP doesn't skew things to keep the GT3s behind the GTE cars in IMSA and Road To Le Mans.

That's not true. The LM GTE are way different in terms of aerodynamics, engine modifications (and placement) and suspension components.

Porsche, BMW, Corvette and Aston Martin built distinctively different cars for both GTE and GT3. (BMW and Aston Martin even used different base models for both classes).

If both classes were as similar as you say, it would be more cost-effective to just build a GT3 car and modify it for LE Mans.

BTW: That's why there are no GTE variants of the Mercedes AMG GT3, the Audi R8 LMS, the Lamborghini Huracan. Those manufacturers don't want to develop two distinctively different versions of their GT cars.

Basically GTE is for factory-backed racing ang GT3 is pure customer racing. Everybody can buy a GT3 and parts and can enter any of the GT3 races. GTE cars are rarely sold but rather leased and there are only a couple of cars build every year.

Back in the 90s and the early 2000s there actually were some European GT cars competing in JGTC GT500, but they were only back markers because European rules were way more restrictive in terms of suspension components.

A friend of mine actually started a couple of JGTC races in a Lamborghini. They had no chance against the GT500.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the 90s and the early 2000s there actually were some European GT cars competing in JGTC GT500, but they were only back markers because European rules were way more restrictive in terms of suspension components.
Not strictly true; in the 1996 season a McLaren F1 won the GT500 championship, so it literally was the fastest Gr. 2 car _for the model year that's in the game_.

The interior sound is actually pretty close, it's just missing the throatiness, it's almost as if PD cleaned up the sound sample too much.
This is the story with many of the GT Sport sounds. They're close but lack the intensity and character somewhat.

Have some examples of badness? As far as I recall, what people moped about the most was lack of communication and taking many of the good ones to heart. The Livery Editor was one that was rather high on the list, and the lobbying effort paid off.
It wasn't the lack of communication, moreso was it an internal warfare amongst some people within the community.

That's the problem I have with some of the sounds in GT Sport. The sounds are actually spot-on/correct for the most part, they're just wayyy too clean sounding.

I expected the DRB9 to actually sound like a race-car and not sound like it has a silenced muffler system.

Case in point

The roughness/raspiness it should have

They still did a good job with it though and i'm just glad we got a few new cars to play around in.

Back