GT Sport Update 1.56 Arrives Tomorrow, Adds Aston Martin DBR9

The Aston is nice to have, but also completely useless.

It just won’t turn.

Unless we get a daily race on SS Route X I can’t see me picking this over literally any other GR. 3 car.
We're running a one make series with it starting next week, not useless :D 100% 100% handling to differentiate it from the Gr3 class "standard pace".

Should be fun ! :D

Did The Huracan challenge - 1 lap nurburgring wasnt too hard in an N600 max weight loss Huracan with a tune.

2 laps Le Mans in an N600 LP670SV also max weight wasnt that easy. Had to chase the Veneno rabbit which seemed to have much more pulll out of corners than me but still... you know professional level isnt too much of a task.

Are there any visible improvements in the penalty system after the new patch? I am interested in feedback from people who raced a bit after the patching...

DBR9 handles better than I thought. Haven't tested its BOP top speed yet but it seems this will be a more balanced car than the one trick pony F1 GTR. Alternative to the Supra/GT-R for high speed tracks perhaps?

180SX is fine. About time it's made premium considering the Silvia S13 was done all the way back in GT5. Hope we get a Sileighty premium soon - all they need to do is take the front end of one and the back of another and voila! :lol: Maybe throw in the Onevia as well despite being much less popular.

Fiat 500 ehhh personally I'd rather see something new like the Fiat Coupe Turbo getting premium treatment. We already have the Abarth which is better.

BOP update is interesting. All the changes look to be reasonable BUT I can't believe they didn't buff Mazda and Dodge Gr.4. Also Gr.1 is still untouched despite only a handful of cars being viable, but that group is hopelessly beyond saving unless split into at least 3 sub categories anyway.

Penalty update, could be good, could be another disaster given PD's form lately. Guess we'll find out in the next few races.

Small update, but between the new FIA season, AC/ACC, Driveclub, NFS Heat and GRID 2019 I have no shortage of stuff to play so can't really complain really ;)

Dbr9 sound is so disappointing to be honest but it sounds trash on forza 7 too.

PgR4 and Forza 4 nailed the sound!!! Newer games need to get their act together this is for developers stop copy pasting sounds.

Last edited:
I've said for a long time that all PD had to do was slap Sport mode & Livery editor in to GT6 and it would have been a hit.

IDK man, I was expecting GT6 to be an innovation in the series in terms of game play and features.

What I got was your typical GT game in which the career mode just felt repetitive. (Not to mention the bad a.i. performance was still present, well at least they got rid of the boost system from earlier games)
No race mod expansion or even livery edditor. Which other game titles had the privilege of. I was gutted. No multicalss racing which I'd hoped by then would be implemented -as my appreciation and understanding for endurance racing had ripend by this point, thanks to KY's documented partcipation in the vln and n24h in 2010- but that was just being naive I guess.

Having only the pp points in the last game as an indicator of car performance levels, a class system was not just going to happen itself into existence without trial. Well I feel GTS is finaly the trial we needed, indeed the catalyst for multicalss racing to happen in the GT series. I can only hope PD feels the same.

I've said this before too, that GT6 had the best track selection. The return of midfield just blew my mind. I will always love GT6 for the track selection. That, the new cars and some parts of online mode was the only features that prolonged me from returning to GT5.

Dbr9 sound is so disappointing to be honest but it sounds trash on forza 7 too.

PgR4 and Forza 4 nailed the sound!!! Newer games need to get their act together this is for developers stop copy pasting sounds.

Wow, PGR4 has some really nice sounds. But you're forgetting iRacing, it has the best DBR9 sound IMO.

I've said for a long time that all PD had to do was slap Sport mode & Livery editor in to GT6 and it would have been a hit.

Bold claim considering that 6 was by far the worst selling (mainline) entry in the franchise.

They made this game a bunch - 6 times in fact. The audience and most likely the studio grew tired of the formula.

They went for something different and (imo) succeeded.

Kaz has indicated that the next instalment might go back to its roots somewhat, but until then it´s really time to let it go.

EDIT: Here is the article I´m referring to:

https://www.gtplanet.net/next-gran-turismo-will-be-a-combination-of-past-present-and-future/

What does this mean for the next title — whether it’s GT7 or GTS2? “I think the next title that we’re going to create will be a combination of the past, present and future – a complete form of Gran Turismo,” he answers.

Last edited:
There's already a V12 Aston in Gr. 3. Was it really necessary to add another identical one? Is there something special about the DBR9 that I just don't remember?

It's not identical, neither the shape nor the way it drives, weight distribution, aerodynamics...
Also the seat position is way more rear from the windshield than modern Aston, you can feel it very well in VR.

Something special ? It was a great era that GT1 in RACING HISTORY, it has become less brutal with the GT3/GTE era.

And this addition probably opens a new group of cars to come (in GTS or GT7), Maserati GT1, Nissan GTR GT1, Corvette GT1... etc So it's good to have new racing cars eras in Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
It's not even the same model line, let alone identical.

It won back-to-back Le Mans class wins.
Most Astons look the same to me, regardless of the model. It would be one thing if they were in separate classes in the game like they are in real life, but they're 2 similiar-looking, similar-powered vehicles BoP'd into the same class. It just seems kind of redundant. Back-to-back Le Mans class wins is a cool achievement (and something I'll obviously never even have a chance to do), but not really of any earth-shattering significance when you look at how many other cars have pulled it off.

Are there any visible improvements in the penalty system after the new patch? I am interested in feedback from people who raced a bit after the patching...
Just got a 4 second penalty for being on the receiving end of a dive bomb, I was pushed wide (off track) from side contact and of course it was I that received the 4 second penalty.
IMO the penalty system was the best around Dec. 2019.
If they want to learn PD could add a penalty feedback tool with options for Deserved but harsh,
Deserved and fair, Racing Incident and Other driver caused. Because honestly this system is worse than guessing.

Last edited:
They made the Megane Trophy a little heavier and gave it a slight power boost. This thing should be in the 1200-1300kg range instead of 1100.

Most Astons look the same to me, regardless of the model. It would be one thing if they were in separate classes in the game like they are in real life, but they're 2 similiar-looking, similar-powered vehicles BoP'd into the same class. It just seems kind of redundant. Back-to-back Le Mans class wins is a cool achievement (and something I'll obviously never even have a chance to do), but not really of any earth-shattering significance when you look at how many other cars have pulled it off.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thinks a NASCAR Mustang is faster than the R18...

GT6 was widely criticised for the outdated graphics and poor sounds and it would've been totally unacceptable to carry on with that on the PS4. With GT Sport we got a massive boost in both things, but we can't have it all (the enormous amount of cars and tracks GT6 had) because high quality graphics and assets take so much time to develop.

Back