Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
I'm a bit late, but I have to say thanks for the RX-7 Race B Tsukuba tune. It was way better than stock, and worked well for me. with some tweeking (modifying) of your tune, I picked up another .4 seconds. Though I didn't break into the 59's, I could have with a bit more time. In a weekend of racing I had 8 wins and 6 2nds. I always finished at or above my Q position, and all of my 2nd place finished were behind my region's #9 qualifier, who had a time .7 seconds faster (I think?). We had some great races, with some great sideways action, and I was consistantly doing mid to low 1:00 laps in races.

In case you're interested, the changes I made to your tune basically gave me a better drive off of the corner. I softened the bars and rear spring and played with the damping a bit. It was my best performance, both racing and qualifying, and I might not have gotten there, especially with the time I have, without your (very good) baseline.

BTW, I took that car, and that tune, to RBR in a custom race, and raced pro level GR3 cars, and did suprisingly well. worked up to mid pack in a field of 20. Couldn't do the leaders times, but I smoked all the GR4 cars when I tried those!

I'm a bit late, but I have to say thanks for the RX-7 Race B Tsukuba tune. It was way better than stock, and worked well for me. with some tweeking (modifying) of your tune, I picked up another .4 seconds. Though I didn't break into the 59's, I could have with a bit more time. In a weekend of racing I had 8 wins and 6 2nds. I always finished at or above my Q position, and all of my 2nd place finished were behind my region's #9 qualifier, who had a time .7 seconds faster (I think?). We had some great races, with some great sideways action, and I was consistantly doing mid to low 1:00 laps in races.

In case you're interested, the changes I made to your tune basically gave me a better drive off of the corner. I softened the bars and rear spring and played with the damping a bit. It was my best performance, both racing and qualifying, and I might not have gotten there, especially with the time I have, without your (very good) baseline.

BTW, I took that car, and that tune, to RBR in a custom race, and raced pro level GR3 cars, and did suprisingly well. worked up to mid pack in a field of 20. Couldn't do the leaders times, but I smoked all the GR4 cars when I tried those!
Good to know , well done. My settings are just a sane base. A good point to start and taylor it . What you did . Nice.

Special laguna TT.

This is just what I've been looking for. Have to admit that tuning, particularly gear ratios, has baffled me from the beginning, because I'm not mechanically minded.

I opted for the Trophy because all the high ranking players have and my thought is that they must know what they're talking about. I haven't played the trial for a couple of days and have slipped from just over the 100th to 1863th with a time of 1.29.989 - (4.467 off the leaders pace). I've pushed the Trophy to the limits and have been unable to go any faster round the bends and Just cannot see how the top players can go that much faster on such a short track.

I loaded a ghost from someone two seconds faster than me and their car just pulled away from me, as if I was driving a bus.

I only have the DS controller and use Auto Transmission, so I'm possibly flogging a dead horse. However, I would imagine that the corkscrew is critical and I do struggle to find the optimum line and braking as I come over the hilltop.

Hopefully your tune will allow me to go faster and thanks for the guidance.

worked just fine for me set to minimum as instructed didn't need to swap to kph.
I never liked this car or drive it until yesterday, its a great car easy to drive perfect handling. Still a French Hatchback though :gtpflag::cheers:

Thanks P. I was able to get 124th with your Renault Trophy tune and ghost. That's the best I've ever done with trials or qualifying.

I learned a lot from the Lewis Hamilton Challenges and chasing his ghosts.

@praiano63 , I have a request for you to have another look at the tune for the N800 Ford GT 2006 RH; maybe it was before some physics changes?

My friends are competing for the fastest lap around the ring in a car that can use the manual gear lever, which means no custom gearbox (the '18 Camaro ZL1 is fine with stock gearbox, but this one would be better); even using your custom gearbox for this GT tune, acceleration doesn't seem correct?

@praiano63 , I have a request for you to have another look at the tune for the N800 Ford GT 2006 RH; maybe it was before some physics changes?

My friends are competing for the fastest lap around the ring in a car that can use the manual gear lever, which means no custom gearbox (the '18 Camaro ZL1 is fine with stock gearbox, but this one would be better); even using your custom gearbox for this GT tune, acceleration doesn't seem correct?
Sorry but I don't do racing tyres tunes for road cars. It's very rare in gt to find road cars that can wear them. The gt 06 is not ok at all for this. Even more at this level of power.

@galonzo did you test my last Mach Forty tune ? It's a blast at n800 and it still drive well with racing tyres.
Edit. It's also 0, 500 faster than gt06 on 1000 m standing start.

Last edited:
Hi praiano,
I have a request for a tune. The jaguar f type gr.4 on the nordschleife. its for a potential championship (tire wear and fuel consumption on x1)
if you have that already and ok for sharing or if you have time to take a look at that, it will be so great :bowdown::bowdown:
Thank you in advence 👍
Have a good day.

Hi praiano,
I have a request for a tune. The jaguar f type gr.4 on the nordschleife. its for a potential championship (tire wear and fuel consumption on x1)
if you have that already and ok for sharing or if you have time to take a look at that, it will be so great :bowdown::bowdown:
Thank you in advence 👍
Have a good day.
I already have something for it.
You can also use stock gearbox , same performance. Have a good drive.
IMG_20200225_175454.jpg
IMG_20200225_175425.jpg
IMG_20200225_175444.jpg

Top car on grip tracks like Suzuka and dominant car for sure on the Nordschleife. Safe and fast.
Brake balance up to you , LSD accélération setted for racing hard tyres , you can raise it for softer compounds. Up to you.
Enjoy your drive.

Typical understeery car with default setup. Kaz surely likes understeer doesnt he? lol
I also raise a lot the back suspension so it helps cornering, and it improved a lot. Also I try to make the tyre wear be equal on front and back which is very important and with default setup it eats front tires.

Back