GT Sport Update Arrives This Week, Adds Lewis Hamilton DLC - But No Laguna Seca

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean PD has to pay the man, after winning a 6th title mans endorsements aint cheap

I think the dlc pays for PD expenses for the hamilton DLC not Hamiltons "salary" PD has been sponsoring HAM for quite some time,makes no sense to pay him again.
My theory is that PD has a plan for free DLCs(car,tracks,other sport mode content and gt league content) Hamilton DLC is not part of the free dlc pipeline so they are spending extra money.

IgMyx.gif

I can only think there's some technical reason why Laguna Seca did not arrive, maybe file size?

It's a bit disappointing as the offfical channel already got Super GT guy to do a dry lap... so yeah we know what it looks like here.

IgMyx.gif

I can only think there's some technical reason why Laguna Seca did not arrive, maybe file size?

It's a bit disappointing as the offfical channel already got Super GT guy to do a dry lap... so yeah we know what it looks like here.
It didn't arrive cause it wasn't supposed to. That's likely all there is to it.
Why would file size be a reason to delay something?

i1lwiac7OFvPv7c.jpg

Beginner League
Two new rounds join The Passion of Dr. Wankel.

Amateur League
Two new rounds will be added to Boxer Spirit.

Professional League
Two new rounds join Vision Gran Turismo Trophy +.

Endurance League
One new round will be added to the X2019 Competition Endurance Series.

Pretty close to my earlier predictions.
Spot on re the 2 new Wanker races and the 2 VGT+ races.

Didn't guess the 2 new Boxer races - will the CTR3 be eligible for these? It's N700, but might be de-powered low enough to qualify? Doesn't sound likely though.

A. Me. Mi. Ya.

Here I go again.
My my, how can I resist you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If we're not getting laguna seca tomorrow, by Poly's habit we should see it coming by january.
We have to pay for the Hamilton time trials? That's bull spit.
I'll be honest: i'm way happier with this.
I'm happy with GT as it is, if new cars were added with a paywall i would have dropped the title for good. It's just one of those things modern game devs do and i always knew that PD ethics is... different. be it good or bad.

Hmmm.

Do I see a RUF CTR3 there in the top right?

images
The fact that Poly likes to play differently is the car choice: there's a certain selection and taste in the roster that is unmistakably Polyphony Digital.
They never give in to car trends or go the easy route. There are tons of run of the mill driving games filled with hypercars, GT simply isn't one of them and i'm actually glad with this
gt-sport-update-v149-cars-860x484.jpg

even though they could do something with the impending clone cars problem.

The redeeming codes for the Supra Gr. 4 car that has been promised to us after completing that online survey are gonna be released on November 16th. Also, don't forget we still have a Manufacturer series race for December 28th that still has no details, so we must assume it's gonna be Laguna Seca.

Yep that should be approximate to the real figures.
Much likely around 2 million at most for all 5 cars

Good thing I got 3 Million and change so Credits is no problems.

The real question is..do I have enough space :lol: Seriously PD, don't make delete one of my games:nervous:

Apparently Dec 15 is the slated date for Laguna Seca...

Where did you hear that from?

The redeeming codes for the Supra Gr. 4 car that has been promised to us after completing that online survey are gonna be released on November 16th. Also, don't forget we still have a Manufacturer series race for December 28th that still has no details, so we must assume it's gonna be Laguna Seca.
They've never released on a Sunday. Yes the Supra is coming on the 16th, but that doesn't mean the release is going to be the day before.

How come the RE Amemiya RX7 doesn’t have a model year? From memory that particular FD3S, the “Boost Special”, came about in 2006. So what’s the deal?

Wow, the return of RUF. A new manufacturer is always welcome. Happy about that.

I've always wondered why other boutique tuners aren't added to racing games? Do car companies specifically state in their contracts with game companies not to allow them?

Who wouldn't want to see Alpina added to games, especially their old school BMWs? Singer is another Porsche tuner and their cars are stunning. (http://singervehicledesign.com/)

What other tuners have been missing?

I thought the inclusion of Laguna Seca in this update was a bit premature... At least we know it's coming. I can live with that when we have a SUPER PREMIUM E46 M3 headed our way. It was only a matter of time until it appeared in this game; I mean everyone loves the E46 M3 right? It's a timeless classic that doesn't feel dated with some great performance.

I like the Mazda and the BMW.....that's it.

Laguna Seca will be worth the wait. Just like Spa was.

I might buy the Hamilton DLC. I may actually have a few bucks sitting in my PSN account. I might a swell use it for that.

Toyota 86 was better off not being in the pack we should have gotten a racecar.

Then again I think ruf for me takes the cake in this update. Hopefully will get more from RUF in the future like the Yellowbird.

Yellowbird + F40 + Porsche 959= 80s overload.

PD are probably doing the final graphical touches on the track,the WT build may not be the final one

I remember questioning that from the photo released at the World Finals. The track had a "WF" tag after it & someone figured that out very quickly. That was the indicator to me that the track still needed some time to prep for everyone to drive it. But, when a date less than a week away was listed in the description of a video from the official channel for Sony/Playstation, that is where all hell breaks loose. If we have to wait a month, fine, cool, whatever. But the poor fool who got his info crossed up at the very least should be removed from the social media team as a punishment for such a mistake.

Apparently Dec 15 is the slated date for Laguna Seca...

Yeah, until PD takes the time to write up a press release & tell us the date, I'm not assuming anything. Don't pencil that on your calendar just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back