GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Matej (@Matej) on April 27th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

UPDATE: MAY 02, 2017: Discussion begins here!

This article was published by Josh Steele (@SVX) on May 2nd, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I take from that is just how much more real everything seems in PCars. The sound is the obvious one. But looking at GTS, particularly from cockpit view, the car seems to be floating a couple of feet above the ground because the ride is just so, so smooth. In PCars the car is moving and pitching on the surface of the track as you would expect.

Yeah that whine is very irritating. PCars sounds so much better without that hideous whine :indiff: The cockpit view is nice and light too. GTS looks so dark, almost as if they deliberately wanted to hide the details. I mean, seriously, they have been working on this game for 4 years and this is the best they got? Ok...

Since the update the cars whine isnt louder than the engine. As far as the cockpit being dark. It all depends how the light enters the vehicle. It will be brighter at certain angles, also the time of day really effects the lighting in the interior. Sound of project car is mile better than Gt Sport. I feel like Gt Sport has the right sounds but are not adjusted properly. Non the less it is a big improvement since the first beta version

What can be heared there, is that the samples are VERY similar. For some reason beyond me PDI/GTS likes to muffle all the rawness from the sound. I think GTS sounds could be mixes near to Pcars quite easily if they would want to. Hopefully they either do that or give players more control over the mix in settings.

the car seems to be floating a couple of feet above the ground because the ride is just so, so smooth.

I have also noticed this "lightness" of the body of the car in GTS replays. Just dont know if the movement is tuned down in GTS or little exaggerated in the likes of Pcar and AC - my bet is that theres little bit both going on. :odd: GTS being underwhelmingly conservative and Pcar and AC in particular wanting to show off the physics engine.

I think i will have to return to Pcars and AC to compare my self - I do have all of them so no favourites there.. :lol:

I feel like Gt Sport has the right sounds but are not adjusted properly.

Beat me to it by seconds..:cheers:

I think Project CARS knocks 7 bells of crap out of GTS in both the audio & graphical departments. After playing both as well, the physics & FFB in P CARS are also vastly superior. If PC2 has less bugs than the original game, then I think it will win out in sales against GTS, & will probably win over the hearts & minds of many a GT fan in the process.

The funny thing is SMS has said that their sounds can be better and have dumped and started from scratch on their sounds. It was not up to their standards that"s the difference when Kaz and PD who just tries to take a 10-year-old system and tweak it and call it good enough

The name 'Gran Turismo' itself will guarantee that it sells more.

Which might be unfortunate, because PD will then think "Oh high sales numbers again, we must be on the right way". But that's a path they left a few years ago IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to see a good GT game again, GT brought me into the whole racing sim genre years ago.

The name 'Gran Turismo' itself will guarantee that it sells more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the name starts to mean less and less over the years. It's already been 4 years since GT6 was released and the racing game market has changed significantly since. Not to mention that people grow older and older as well, many older gamers quit and many new young folks are stepping in. Those younger players won't have the sentiment that the name "Gran Turismo" brings with it and they will just go to online review sites to see which game is best. The impact of sites like metacritics etc. can be quite significant.

The way I see it GT:S has little to offer when PCARS2 comes out, the PCARS 2 feature list and track list looks outstanding and it's for sure in the lead for the race of best racing game of 2017 IMO. GT:S won't be much competition due to lack of features, we'll just have to wait on the features of FM7 to see what that brings but I don't expect much of Turn 10 for their flagship game other than it being a spectacular tech demo for what the XBox Scorpio can perform. Gameplay-wise it will just be another copy/paste of FM5 similar to what FM6 was, just a lot prettier thanks to the Scorpio.

My 2 cents.

GTS, they focused an awful lot on the graphics, they look great but it still lacks in handling, it feels like the car is just floating on the track with the occasional bump here and there. I love the look of the beta, it's eye candy for sure but it could be so much more and even if I drive my own car in the middle of the night I have more light inside then in GTS, they really need to go out and play AC & PC and see what the competition is doing.

GTSport has the better lighting and Shaders. PCARS's in car Audio is better (PD really need to tone down the transmission whine).

From the outside both are decent enough.

I hear a lot of distaste for how loud the whine is of the straight cut transmission, but if you look up video of in cockpit view of gt3 cars with a dog box you'll understand just how authentic the volume level of GTS' gear box whine actually sounds. There are little things however, I hear from GTS that, even in a post patch, would be fix are transmission shift sound speed. Once again I checked for gt3 cars, once again it's spot on, but for regular cars it's not instant unless you put a straight cut gear box in it.

Of course it's pretty much moit right now untill both are out, because they are both in beta, but I will be picking both up

The greater visibility of roject cars interior cam is interesting.

For assetto corsa The ferrari f1 cars the sf13 especially feelz like f10 in gt5 which I like.....project cars feels a lot like codemasfers f1 really. Gt sport should have good realism imo.

I hear a lot of distaste for how loud the whine is of the straight cut transmission, but if you look up video of in cockpit view of gt3 cars with a dog box you'll understand just how authentic the volume level of GTS' gear box whine actually sounds. There are little things however, I hear from GTS that, even in a post patch, would be fix are transmission shift sound speed. Once again I checked for gt3 cars, once again it's spot on, but for regular cars it's not instant unless you put a straight cut gear box in it.

Of course it's pretty much moit right now untill both are out, because they are both in beta, but I will be picking both up

I don't know which videos you have seen, but that is nowhere the real sound. Here, for example, the Corvette:

Edit: In case you are referring to other cars as well; I know that, for example the new AMG GT3, the gear box whine is pretty audible; But still the engine sound is the main thing you hear.

Last edited:
I see the competition continues to best Poly at every turn. I actually knew which game was going to come out on top before watching the video. Seriously, in any "Gran Turismo vs X" comparisons GT will always lose.

Kinda glad I gave up being a fan of this game. I certainly wouldn't want to be the target of another fan's taunts when they (Forza, pCARS, Assetto Corsa) are all on the high ground with all the ammo in the world while the GT fan is left with nothing. :indiff:

The level of gearbox whine is quite loud in some race cars in real life to be sure. The problem in GTS is that it sounds like a generic whistle just going up and down in pitch as the cars goes faster or slower. Beyond the generic sounding sample there doesn't seem to be any reaction to what is happening in with the car as it loads and unloads stress on the tranny.

Last edited:
If you're wondering why the car in GTS seems to be much smoother and less jumpy, it's because Gran Turismo's renditions of tracks are generally much smoother and flatter than other game's tracks.

Latest Posts

Back