GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

I'm not expecting any additional Australian content but a re-scan of Mt Panorama, while PD are in the vicinity, for the next installment would be nice.

Given the timing, there is a chance next-gen GT might have been unveiled by then hopefully for launch this year. I wonder if they will start to use PS5 dev kits for world tour events this year (At least for the latter ones) so they can advertise some PS5 benefits given they spend a lot of money on these events and they've already got GT Sport up and running on PS5. Should help improve the quality of the broadcast and get more people watching.

Best of luck to all the very talented folk who’ve earned the opportunity to compete in Sydney. It’s a beautiful city and I hope you all have a fantastic time in Australia. :D

It’s very foolish thing to hope, but the optimist in me says the final race would be a great opportunity to bring a new Australian track to the game.

Selfishly, I’d very much like that track to be “The Bend” Motorsport park. It was scanned by an unknown game maker around 18 months ago, and it fits the GT ethos perfectly.

Ahhhhh. A man can dream :embarrassed:

Edit: Found the post. Nearly 2 and a half years ago, and nothing has come of it in any other games, or “projects” from what I’ve seen. :odd:
View attachment 880587
As much as I love Phillip Island and Sandown, I would be more than satisfied with The Bend in Gran Turismo. The track is new and exciting, more so than some of the modern F1 tracks which are just awful...

Well, all the drivers at the Asian Le Mans race are saying The Bend is a fantastic circuit. One racer from the USA, just said, LMP2 at The Bend, is a dream come true. Fantastic circuit. We'll see if we get anything new.
After watching the race in person I’ve gotta say, the LMPs looked right at home. Their speed matched the flowing layout absolutely perfect.
A8D64356-95C5-487D-81DE-C79F0EE5B0D0.jpeg
I heard the commentator say on numerous occasions how difficult it was for the teams to prepare for the race. Mentioning specifically that it’s not on any games or simulators. You could definitely tell which drivers (Van Gisbergen) had proper experience of the circuit.

After watching the race in person I’ve gotta say, the LMPs looked right at home. Their speed matched the flowing layout absolutely perfect.
View attachment 881044
I heard the commentator say on numerous occasions how difficult it was for the teams to prepare for the race. Mentioning specifically that it’s not on any games or simulators. You could definitely tell which drivers (Van Gisbergen) had proper experience of the circuit.
Yeah, I caught that bit about games not having the circuit for driver preparation. The Supercars E-Series(iRacing) doesn't even have it.

“The first time the GT Sport FIA Championships will have set foot in the country — or continent, for that matter.”

Visiting anywhere in that continent pretty much guarantees you’ve set foot in Australia. Just saying.

However the reverse is not true.

“The first time the GT Sport FIA Championships will have set foot in the country — or continent, for that matter.”

Visiting anywhere in that continent pretty much guarantees you’ve set foot in Australia. Just saying.

However the reverse is not true.
That's why the words are in that order.
Have the finalists already been selected/qualified?
From what I understand, yes.

According to its rules, the TAG-Heuer contest was supposed to open on Friday. Now it's Monday and it hasn't gone live since.
Perhaps this might be a sign that the World Tour event in Sydney has been cancelled?

According to its rules, the TAG-Heuer contest was supposed to open on Friday. Now it's Monday and it hasn't gone live since.
Perhaps this might be a sign that the World Tour event in Sydney has been cancelled?

Why would it be cancelled?

PD will announce the 2020 season details when they are ready. In the meantime they probably don't want their official partners to announce it first.

Great stuff. Some people here were asking if they could go.

Australian residents, attend the Championships for free!
Gran Turismo invites you to join us at this two-day event to experience the excitement of the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series in person at the Big Top Sydney. Free tickets for the event are available through the ticketing agency below, and both tournaments are scheduled to be streamed live worldwide.

If you are interested in attending this World Tour event, then please register your attendance to claim your free ticket.

I just hope we get to see some new content being announced, preferably something Australian... But that's being optimistic. I hope that this event paves the way for Melbourne to host one in the future. There are many, many people down here who would be interested. Including me.

Question that I can’t find the answer to in the contest rules: how much is the prize valued at? Idk if this is a US-taxable thing or if TH or PD handle the cost of the taxes, but on the off chance I win, I may need to decide between the prize and the possibility of the prize value pushing me over the first time home buyer income limit.

I seriously think it's possible to see an Aussie Muscle Car in one of the races. I remember my surprise, seeing the Pantera in a race.

IF such a car is coming, it'll be interesting what Kaz has chosen.

Saw a lot of posts saying “The Bend” which if it does appear would be cool. And given the fact it’s down under.....SuperCars? Holden V Ford. Man that would be dope.

Can’t wait to see the live tour again, missing the action.

Spaaaaa!!!! Oh well. Not the gtsport news I was looking for but nice none the less. Am I alone feeling like we should be seeing a kaz tweet soon? I want some more cars I’m prolly not gonna drive!!!!

Best of luck to all the very talented folk who’ve earned the opportunity to compete in Sydney. It’s a beautiful city and I hope you all have a fantastic time in Australia. :D

It’s very foolish thing to hope, but the optimist in me says the final race would be a great opportunity to bring a new Australian track to the game.

Selfishly, I’d very much like that track to be “The Bend” Motorsport park. It was scanned by an unknown game maker around 18 months ago, and it fits the GT ethos perfectly.

Ahhhhh. A man can dream :embarrassed:

Edit: Found the post. Nearly 2 and a half years ago, and nothing has come of it in any other games, or “projects” from what I’ve seen. :odd:
View attachment 880587
Notice it has the #otrsupersprint probably for iRacing E-Supercars

Guys....

Am I the only one who’s actually concerned about the wildfires?
You're not. For one, the WRC Australian event was cancelled. Smoke will be a concern, if air quality is poor. People can check this here.

There was a local fire at a bypass 10 minutes from where I work and reside(Newcastle). Smelled smoke this morning, didn't know where it came from until this afternoon.

I'm sure those in the know are watching updates. Sydney fires will depend on wind and weather towards the end of Summer(March 1 begins Autumn). Again, I wouldn't be too concerned about fires making it to the CBD(just saw a news report gas cylinders exploded in Sydney's CBD). Air quality, would be more of a concern.

As a family man and Melbournian I'd have loved a bit more than a couple of weeks notice about this event!

Were details posted anywhere before the leak/announce in the last week or so?? I'm optimistically putting it in the calendar for the second week of Feb next year :)

Back