GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Auditore

Auditore

I was wondering if latkovski and other australia drivers were safe from the wildfires.

AgentBlackDog and ScotteDawg like this.
  2. ed24

ed24

I'm not expecting any additional Australian content but a re-scan of Mt Panorama, while PD are in the vicinity, for the next installment would be nice.

ESEK likes this.
  3. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Given the timing, there is a chance next-gen GT might have been unveiled by then hopefully for launch this year. I wonder if they will start to use PS5 dev kits for world tour events this year (At least for the latter ones) so they can advertise some PS5 benefits given they spend a lot of money on these events and they've already got GT Sport up and running on PS5. Should help improve the quality of the broadcast and get more people watching.

Korinkook likes this.
  4. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

As much as I love Phillip Island and Sandown, I would be more than satisfied with The Bend in Gran Turismo. The track is new and exciting, more so than some of the modern F1 tracks which are just awful...

ScotteDawg and Animedeaf like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

Well, all the drivers at the Asian Le Mans race are saying The Bend is a fantastic circuit. One racer from the USA, just said, LMP2 at The Bend, is a dream come true. Fantastic circuit. We'll see if we get anything new.

ScotteDawg, NoonenF1 and Animedeaf like this.
  6. Hayden

Hayden Premium

After watching the race in person I’ve gotta say, the LMPs looked right at home. Their speed matched the flowing layout absolutely perfect.
    A8D64356-95C5-487D-81DE-C79F0EE5B0D0.jpeg
    I heard the commentator say on numerous occasions how difficult it was for the teams to prepare for the race. Mentioning specifically that it’s not on any games or simulators. You could definitely tell which drivers (Van Gisbergen) had proper experience of the circuit.

ThePotatoKing, NoonenF1 and sirjim73 like this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, I caught that bit about games not having the circuit for driver preparation. The Supercars E-Series(iRacing) doesn't even have it.

8. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

“The first time the GT Sport FIA Championships will have set foot in the country — or continent, for that matter.”

Visiting anywhere in that continent pretty much guarantees you’ve set foot in Australia. Just saying.

However the reverse is not true.

ThePotatoKing and brocp like this.
  9. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

10. AlanH49

AlanH49

Have the finalists already been selected/qualified?

11. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's why the words are in that order.
    From what I understand, yes.

schnick and AlanH49 like this.
  12. Xlxy90

Xlxy90

It's a good thing he spends most of his time in Europe then.

13. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

According to its rules, the TAG-Heuer contest was supposed to open on Friday. Now it's Monday and it hasn't gone live since.
    Perhaps this might be a sign that the World Tour event in Sydney has been cancelled?

14. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Why would it be cancelled?

PD will announce the 2020 season details when they are ready. In the meantime they probably don't want their official partners to announce it first.

Aero2000 and Need4Speed685 like this.
  15. Granadier

Granadier

16. watto79

watto79

Great stuff. Some people here were asking if they could go.

Australian residents, attend the Championships for free!
    Gran Turismo invites you to join us at this two-day event to experience the excitement of the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series in person at the Big Top Sydney. Free tickets for the event are available through the ticketing agency below, and both tournaments are scheduled to be streamed live worldwide.

If you are interested in attending this World Tour event, then please register your attendance to claim your free ticket.

17. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

18. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I just hope we get to see some new content being announced, preferably something Australian... But that's being optimistic. I hope that this event paves the way for Melbourne to host one in the future. There are many, many people down here who would be interested. Including me.

ThePotatoKing and Aero2000 like this.
  19. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Man, if I got to meet Kaz, I'd ask him when we're getting SPA

20. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Question that I can’t find the answer to in the contest rules: how much is the prize valued at? Idk if this is a US-taxable thing or if TH or PD handle the cost of the taxes, but on the off chance I win, I may need to decide between the prize and the possibility of the prize value pushing me over the first time home buyer income limit.

21. Granadier

Granadier

I got to meet him in NYC aka the event where Spa was announced aka I am responsible for Spa finally arriving.

22. 05XR8

05XR8

I seriously think it's possible to see an Aussie Muscle Car in one of the races. I remember my surprise, seeing the Pantera in a race.

IF such a car is coming, it'll be interesting what Kaz has chosen.

Animedeaf and Aero2000 like this.
  23. TS040_Sparky

TS040_Sparky

Saw a lot of posts saying “The Bend” which if it does appear would be cool. And given the fact it’s down under.....SuperCars? Holden V Ford. Man that would be dope.

Can’t wait to see the live tour again, missing the action.

Animedeaf likes this.
  24. GT_brickhole

GT_brickhole

Spaaaaa!!!! Oh well. Not the gtsport news I was looking for but nice none the less. Am I alone feeling like we should be seeing a kaz tweet soon? I want some more cars I’m prolly not gonna drive!!!!

25. 05XR8

05XR8

Notice it has the #otrsupersprint probably for iRacing E-Supercars

26. 261004

Guys....

Am I the only one who’s actually concerned about the wildfires?

Korinkook and Cerebral303 like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

You're not. For one, the WRC Australian event was cancelled. Smoke will be a concern, if air quality is poor. People can check this here.

There was a local fire at a bypass 10 minutes from where I work and reside(Newcastle). Smelled smoke this morning, didn't know where it came from until this afternoon.

I'm sure those in the know are watching updates. Sydney fires will depend on wind and weather towards the end of Summer(March 1 begins Autumn). Again, I wouldn't be too concerned about fires making it to the CBD(just saw a news report gas cylinders exploded in Sydney's CBD). Air quality, would be more of a concern.

Korinkook likes this.
  28. dos4gw

dos4gw

As a family man and Melbournian I'd have loved a bit more than a couple of weeks notice about this event!

Were details posted anywhere before the leak/announce in the last week or so?? I'm optimistically putting it in the calendar for the second week of Feb next year :)

29. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Interesting that Germany is apparently excluded from the TAG Heuer draw :confused:

NaketWookie and mcfizzle like this.
  30. mcfizzle

mcfizzle

I saw the same thing. That's disappointing.