GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Still don't understand why this is called a world tour. So many countries are still not eligible
The Germany, Austria, Spain, USA, Japan, Monaco, France, Australia Tour isn't quite as catchy.
Guys....

Am I the only one who’s actually concerned about the wildfires?
GTPlanet
That said, there is a potential issue with the location right now. One of the largest wildfires ever recorded is currently burning throughout Australia, with the east coast significantly affected.

Along with the loss of life and destruction of habitats and properties, the 26 million acre fire is dumping enormous amounts of smoke into the atmosphere, covering Sydney and even reaching across to New Zealand. Even Formula One is monitoring the situation, ahead of the 2020 season opener in Melbourne in mid-March.

Assuming the event goes ahead — and life returns to normal for Australians in the affected areas — it will likely serve the same purpose as the Paris event in 2019.

I have to say that this:

46447547_10157075988849645_4755942549581987840_o-800x534.jpg

is bloody terrifying.

Or you could just call it Gran Turismo Tour? False hopes everywhere
I call it what it's called.

As Sydney makes it eight countries on four continents and in both hemispheres, with drivers from 23 countries on five continents, "World Tour" seems appropriate. And of course we don't yet know what the 2020 plans for the remaining World Tour events are.

W
Since when does "World Tour" mean every single country on planet earth anyway?

8 Countries on 4 continents qualifies.

Ummm cause it literally says 'World'? I mean why would you call something world when it clearly doesn't represent the entire world?

Can I say I'm the fastest gamer in the world, and then be like, I'm the fastest gamer in the world except in so and so countries?

I call it what it's called.

As Sydney makes it eight countries on four continents and in both hemispheres, with drivers from 23 countries on five continents, "World Tour" seems appropriate. And of course we don't yet know what the 2020 plans for the remaining World Tour events are.

I agree, but I'm just saying like if someone just sees these 'World Tours' without any knowledge of GT, they're probably going to assume that people from all over the world are eligible to enter. Which isn't the case. Then the obvious next question is, why is it called World tour then?
Guess I'm just annoyed that I'm not eligible lol

Ummm cause it literally says 'World'? I mean why would you call something world when it clearly doesn't represent the entire world?
It's not representing the world, nor claiming to. It's touring the world. Which is what it absolutely, demonstrably is doing - and it definitely doesn't need to visit every single country to refer to itself as such.

The championship is called the FIA-Certified Gran Turismo Online Championship, which doesn't mention the world in it.

W

Can I say I'm the fastest gamer in the world, and then be like, I'm the fastest gamer in the world except in so and so countries?

I agree, but I'm just saying like if someone just sees these 'World Tours' without any knowledge of GT, they're probably going to assume that people from all over the world are eligible to enter. Which isn't the case. Then the obvious next question is, why is it called World tour then?
Guess I'm just annoyed that I'm not eligible lol

let it go. You’re being weird.

the term “world tour” does not imply every country on earth and never has.

absolutely not.

'the earth, together with all of its countries and peoples.' This is the definition. So if you're going to say you're touring the world, then it means you're touring all of it. Going around the world and touring the world are two completely different terms. I'm going to assume you're referring to the former in which case you are correct.

Is this event anything beyond an exhibition?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: PD should really think about doing regional events instead of these World Tour things.

I would think popularity would grow because you're giving a wider pool of drivers a chance to get to a live event. And it would probably be easier to get people in one region to a venue in that region. As opposed to sending drivers all over the world to one location. It'll never actually happen, but a man can dream.

Back