GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Forza has a competition in Toronto that has a 20k grand prize (I think the organizers put on a GT tourney in Canada a few years ago). That's more than anything GT can offer me right now. I'm probably not quick enough to actually win that, but I'd much rather take part in that, instead of competing for some random FIA points. But that's just me.

Everyone is free to choose if they participate in FIA. However, if you participate and you are among the top x in your region, you’ll be invited to the Finals. The selection process is fair and there is no need for random contestants as some people seem to propose.

I don’t see any relevance to the prize money and am not sure you actually wanted to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps you have misquoted.

If you prefer to do the Forza event, Godspeed to you. I’m way to slow for any kind of competitive driving event anyway.

Everyone is free to choose if they participate in FIA. However, if you participate and you are among the top x in your region, you’ll be invited to the Finals. The selection process is fair and there is no need for random contestants as some people seem to propose.

I don’t see any relevance to the prize money and am not sure you actually wanted to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps you have misquoted.

If you prefer to do the Forza event, Godspeed to you. I’m way to slow for any kind of competitive driving event anyway.
I wasn't complaining about the fairness of the FIAs (although there definitely are some holes in how the competition works), was just making a suggestion that opens this up for more people to qualify for a live event. One would think that if the competition opened up for more people, more would take part.

I mentioned the prize money cause PD doesn't seem to offer anything for winning a live event. This live event in particular seems to be an exhibition. The only real reason to watch is to see what content gets released.

This live event in particular seems to be an exhibition.
That may well be the case - Nurburgring and Salzburg in 2018 were exhibition events. However everything since then has had a place at the World Final at stake, or been a World Final. I wouldn't bet against there being a place in the 2020 World Final for the Nations Cup winner in Sydney (*cough* Cody *cough*)

Out of Interest did they announce the Winner of the Competition? I noticed on their T&C's they apparently did a Draw for the Winner on the 31st, Surprised that If that's the case the Winner hasn't come on here or on Twitter to Celebrate? Lol

So no details about participants and races yet? Strange considering we are just a week away of the event

My bet is they'll let the current exhibition season end (on Sunday) so the final results of that can be announced, and follow up with the details about Sydney on Monday/Tuesday. At the Sydney event they will talk about the 2020 season with the details announced in the following week.

Just my own thoughts. I'd also bet my hat that the invited competitors have the details, but again I don't know that for a fact.

My bet is they'll let the current exhibition season end (on Sunday) so the final results of that can be announced, and follow up with the details about Sydney on Monday/Tuesday. At the Sydney event they will talk about the 2020 season with the details announced in the following week.

Just my own thoughts. I'd also bet my hat that the invited competitors have the details, but again I don't know that for a fact.
Yeah I think they get some details in advance so they know what to practice for the event, with the exception of any potential new content. I think they get that when they actually arrive on location.

I feel like we're probably going to get a leak of some sort next week. Fingers crossed!

They do; as the details have leaked already. Leaks have been kept under wraps for the most part afaik, but there was discussion on Kie’s stream yesterday about it.

wow ! new Track ?

upload_2020-2-7_17-43-49.png

However everything since then has had a place at the World Final at stake, or been a World Final.

Yea, that's kind of a farce though tbh. Like Rubilar, Fraga, Mik and Kokubun weren't going to qualify anyway....

I can't remember if the guaranteed place at the World finals counted for the manu series since it seemed the teams were slightly different every event.

Yea, that's kind of a farce though tbh. Like Rubilar, Fraga, Mik and Kokubun weren't going to qualify anyway....
Fraga didn't. He only qualified through winning a WT.
I can't remember if the guaranteed place at the World finals counted for the manu series since it seemed the teams were slightly different every event.
There wasn't one. It's unworkable anyway.

I stand corrected, but he would be able to qualify given the time. I suppose Mik could benefit from it this year as well. I assume he is going to Sydney on invite and should he win then he can continue his plan of pursuing his education and not worry about racing GTS and still have a shot at the Final. But I stand by my point that it's not really a great reward.

I stand corrected, but he would be able to qualify given the time. I suppose Mik could benefit from it this year as well. I assume he is going to Sydney on invite and should he win then he can continue his plan of pursuing his education and not worry about racing GTS and still have a shot at the Final. But I stand by my point that it's not really a great reward.
Neither Hizal nor Fraga will be in Sydney.

Back