GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Neither Hizal nor Fraga will be in Sydney.
As much as I want to see the best drivers out there. I’m also ready to see some new names step upto the plate. As in non-virtual motorsport there’s always someone ready to make that breakthrough into the top tier of drivers.

Somewhat related I also think it’s time PD and the FIA looked into female only finals. IE invite the top half dozen female drivers to an FIA event. Race on the Friday with the top two going into the Nations Finals.

Of course we know female drivers have the same opportunity as male drivers to qualify. But the talent pool is much smaller. Further, without role models, many talented drivers will not even attempt to qualify. Jamie Chadwick’s appearance at a recent FIA event was a great positive. Seeing her racing, doing promo vids, and a spell in the commentary booth.

Of course we know female drivers have the same opportunity as male drivers to qualify. But the talent pool is much smaller. Further, without role models, many talented drivers will not even attempt to qualify. Jamie Chadwick’s appearance at a recent FIA event was a great positive. Seeing her racing, doing promo vids, and a spell in the commentary booth.

On this point... There is one in Oceania top split who is good enough to qualify for a World Tour, with current eligibility rules.

But being good enough to qualify for a World Tour, and actually getting the results to qualify, are two different things (that's what I tell myself anyway).

Last edited:
The GR.3 Mazda RX-Vision is due to come out for use in the 2020 FIA season. Could be that as well? I don't know if a new Gr.3 car ever debuted in an FIA manufacturers World Tour.
This one may be the first! But may is a pretty big word.

There's no gaps in the next exhibition FIA season, so I'm getting the feeling that the TBA round is focused on a car. If that is the case, I'm putting my money on the Gr.3 Mazda or a universal version of the Gr.4 Supra.

I wouldn't be surprised if TBA is just a rain variant of a current track. Who knows though, would be nice to get some new asphalt too!

I'm guessing Tokyo South Wet, based on the fact it was clearly already in progress when the wet track glitch occurred.

Neither Hizal nor Fraga will be in Sydney.
HiZal.gif

@TRL LIGHTNING is busy drinking the sweet winners wine and bumping fists with slower people than himself...

TBA? where :eek:

Nations Semi Final B has all details as TBA. Of course the speculation has gone into meltdown that this means a new track, whereas I think it will be a new car. Maybe the Lambo VGT or the Mazda Gr. 3 thingy.

Someone mentioned that when PD show a new track at a World Tour event they use it in one of the finals. For Sydney both the finals have confirmed tracks so.....

Of course it COULD be a new track. We'll just have to wait and see.

If it's a new track I'll eat my shoe. Best case is one of the VGT cars that have been announced already, and logical case is a rain variant.

Tracks have largely been hard to predict, if they go with a location theme I could see Albert Park or The Bend, but it’s also the same weekend as the Daytona 500. Stuff has come out of left field though, either way I’m excited.

If we’re taking guesses that are related to the area, wouldnt Sydney Motorsports Park/Eastern Creek Raceway be the most likely candidate, considering the fact it’s a permanent racing circuit that plays host to large events?

Arrived in Sydney earlier today and had a walk around the Rocks, Circular Quay, and the Opera House. What a beautiful place, even in this rainy weather!

Haven’t been over to the venue yet but I can see that horrifying face that marks the entrance to Luna Park under the bridge (I can’t believe they allow that thing there!). :lol:

1D2CC785-448C-4B29-9A71-9763B66CB932.jpeg

27073C3B-3910-4E80-B8A0-E673A02F7702.jpeg

49A920F0-110F-4C4C-A056-19CA1059799D.jpeg

Back