GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
So monthly update confirmed. Can we all stop being such skeptics now?

This simply confirms a major May content update. With nine cars.

If people take it to mean a similarly-sized update is coming every month, then we're right back at square one of people whinging as we close in on the end of the month. April didn't have a major one, and May's is slightly smaller in terms of cars so far.

It's a pleasant surprise to wake up to. I feel like this is a harder group to pin down than any of the previous, which is fun. Also, I need to hand it to PD: this teaser approach has the fanbase going crazy each time they're posted, when the contents are predominantly stuff that was already in the last game. Marketing 101: Manage expectations. If you gut a car list moving to a new platform, and then slowly add back plenty of that same content (sprinkled with surprise new content, and crucially, for free), it's received arguably better than when competitors add exclusively genuinely new content.

If people take it to mean a similarly-sized update is coming every month, then we're right back at square one of people whinging as we close in on the end of the month. April didn't have a major one, and May's is slightly smaller in terms of cars so far.

It's a pleasant surprise to wake up to. I feel like this is a harder group to pin down than any of the previous, which is fun. Also, I need to hand it to PD: this teaser approach has the fanbase going crazy each time they're posted, when the contents are predominantly stuff that was already in the last game. Marketing 101: Manage expectations. If you gut a car list moving to a new platform, and then slowly add back plenty of that same content (sprinkled with surprise new content, and crucially, for free), it's received arguably better than when competitors add exclusively genuinely new content.

This is something that needs to be emphasized.

and Still no Silvias either.
That's odd, as you were very concrete in your statement that the next update would include Silvias this time yesterday - yet curiously silent when I asked you for your source on that information:
There should be a Silvia(or two) in May update.
About cars, it's definitely going to be a Silvia or two.
I'm refering to 1990 S13 and 2002 S15 though as they are from GT6.
There should be a Silvia(or two) in May update.
About cars, it's definitely going to be a Silvia or two.
I'm refering to 1990 S13 and 2002 S15 though as they are from GT6.
Source?

Just when I'm getting close to 20 million to buy the Ferrari 330, they gotta drop an update :ouch: Looks like plenty of expensive cars too. Those Group C cars will cost north of 1 million, and if the Miura still costs 15 million like it did in GT5/6 then we're toast :banghead: Not to mention the amount of mileage points you'd need to fully tuned all of them as well.

My poor XBOW and Tomahawk...guess you guys aren't going to the junkyard just yet.

Just when I'm getting close to 20 million to buy the Ferrari 330, they gotta drop an update :ouch: Looks like plenty of expensive cars too. Those Group C cars will cost north of 1 million, and if the Miura still costs 15 million like it did in GT5/6 then we're toast :banghead: Not to mention the amount of mileage points you'd need to fully tuned all of them as well.

My poor XBOW and Tomahawk...guess you guys aren't going to the junkyard just yet.
Time to spend a whole week trying to buy every car in the update...

I want a Gloria and a Cerdric.
which gen Gloria?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is me waiting for the May update.

DSC_0557.JPG

What a handsome guy.

This is the face you will see every time I make a post. Now you can't unsee it.

Last edited:
I am however very happy that the Lamborghini Miura is in this batch of cars. It was one of my favorite in GT6.

Yeah, this is one of my all time favourite cars ever since I saw it at the start of The Italian Job, I suspect I will spend a good many hours
racing it/photographing it in game.

Hoping that that C9 is actually a C11 (looks way cooler imo):
1200px-Mercedes-Benz_C11_front-left_Mercedes-Benz_Museum.jpg

Also hoping that the inaccurate sound of it from GT6 will be fixed (and made to sound similar to like it does in Pcars and AC, or even better! :))

EDIT: Also, It will be a tad more popular since Micheal Schumacher drove it ;)

next additions.. Subaru 360 and Citroen 2CV ... or

( :nervous:.. your own risk .. :mischievous: .. click the spoiler)

Daihatsu Midget '63 (from GT4

IR
Since I'm a fan of these vintage iconic econoboxes, I'd love to see any of them. However, what would be better see return than the 1963 Midget would be the 1915 Ford T or...
e35ba0200482f58a82c2b042ac39822e7b182a02.jpg

Yes, the 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen from GT4. The worlds first patented automobile and extremely important in history.

I still have doubts about the first car on the second row.
I see lots of different cars in that image, Sauber Mercedes C9, McLaren F1 variation (LM shorttail or Fina GTR longtail) and even a S2 Lotus Exige.

You may be right. However the lack of Porsches (old or new) in these updates is really intriguing. No Porsche has been added since the first month when game was released, and knowing this was like the most requested brand to be included in GT ever it seems a bit weird. They could be keeping them for later on when the game would has less attention and sales would be lower. Or it could be like a technique to keep as tracking updates and the game every month

Back