GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Loving the new Group C cars but wowie, the interior visibility in the R92CP is awful. Not only is the default position in interior view really low, making it hard to see the track (although that can be fixed by just raising the position in the settings), but I can hardly ever see what's going on with the dashboard whether it's day or night. I might as well be driving a standard, it's that bad.

Both the C9 and the XJR-9 are apperently less recent than the R92CP, but those cars have lit up gauges, so what's the excuse here? Did the R92CP just not have any interior lighting whatsoever in real life? :confused:

Last edited:
Loving the new Group C cars but wowie, the interior visibility in the R92CP is awful. Not only is the default position in interior view really low, making it hard to see the track (altough that can be fixed by just raising the position in the settings), but I can hardly ever see what's going on with the dashboard whether it's day or night. I might as well be driving a standard, it's that bad.

Both the C9 and the XJR-9 are apperently less recent than the R92CP, but those cars have lit up gauges, so what's the excuse here? Did the R92CP just not have any interior lighting whatsoever in real life? :confused:

I actually tried driving some of the Group C cars at night, just to see what the cockpits looked like while lit up, and they were barely visible. Was hoping for a light-up console.

x30 Tire Wear/x30 Fuel Consumption on online lobbies? I could be wrong but who's gonna even complete a lap before running out of fuel on the stronger cars in the middle of the track?

my father's car when i was... kid ..

PS. the "R" (1972) was more powerful.. in GT too ... ;)

IR
Yes, the 500 R had the larger 594cc engine that made 22HP compared to the 499.5cc engine that made 16HP by the F and L.

Gran Turismo had multiple classic Fiat 500s throughout the series:
GT2: Fiat 500R '75
GT4: Fiat 500R '72, Fiat 500F '65, Fiat 500L '69
GT5-6: Fiat 500R '72, Fiat 500F '65, Fiat 500L '69, Fiat 500F '68
GTS: Fiat 500F '68
It seems like Kaz likes his share of 500s lol

Yes, the 500 R had the larger 594cc engine that made 22HP compared to the 499.5cc engine that made 16HP by the F and L.

Gran Turismo had multiple classic Fiat 500s throughout the series:
GT2: Fiat 500R '75
GT4: Fiat 500R '72, Fiat 500F '65, Fiat 500L '69
GT5-6: Fiat 500R '72, Fiat 500F '65, Fiat 500L '69, Fiat 500F '68
GTS: Fiat 500F '68
It seems like Kaz likes his share of 500s lol
Yet not an Abarth 595 in site (thank goodness for Assetto Corsa).

Update Summary

This is a good update overall with Le Mans and the Group C trio being the main highlights of this update. However, PD apparently tried to go back to their infamous roots of having variations of one generation of a car with the 2016 Clio 220 EDC Trophy (although there are two M6 GT3s and two RC F GT3s, with the 2017 RC F GT3 being one of the additions of The March 2018 Update), to where there are slight bodywork differences between the 2016 Clio and the 2015 version that we already have from Day 1 (added foglights, different headlights, different roof, etc.)

But, the biggest issue that i've been facing is not about why the Sauber C9 has a subpar engine sound, nor why the Megane Trophy is in Gr.4 despite it being an MR silhouette one make racecar, nor even Le Mans' weird track limit behaviour.

It's the dreaded NE-21000409 error that has been raping my GT Sport experience even days before the 1.19 (May) update, despite my Wi-Fi having no issues updating the game itself and watching 1080p content on YouTube (and it can reach up to 9Mbps download and 1.1Mbps upload according to the system's Internet Connection Test)

I like this update because it adds a new atmosphere to the game, with high speed cars and a track

I think they forgot to fix the missing backfire when the game is set to ‘quality’

I like this update because it adds a new atmosphere to the game, with high speed cars and a track

I think they forgot to fix the missing backfire when the game is set to ‘quality’

You talking about this kind of backfire:

11w5vsx.jpg

:lol:

Maybe if you do a 24h at Le Mans, you could earn a lot in credits? I heard it's very fun to do.
Ah, so that's why the Fiat 500 is in the game now. ~ 120 laps will do it.
I've just tried it but something is wrong with the speed of the AI cars without BoP.
That Samba Bus was flying past me like a rocket! And even the other Fiat 500 passed me like I was in reverse... :lol:

Without reading all 50+ pages, does anyone else feel that the Circuit De La Sarthe track is not as bumpy as in previous games? :confused:

I've only done a couple of laps with the BMW M6, and the long straight seemed a lot less jittery than before. It could be the settings of the car, the real track has been smoothed out, and PD have modelled that, or PD have taken some of the bumps out as they made it too bumpy before.

Or I have false memory of the previous track in the game. :eek: Which I am not ruling out. :lol:

It's definitely smoother than other GTs. I have to run TC to be able to drive Gr1 type cars, so in GT5/6, the TC light would be going off like a strobe, not so much in GTS though.

Without reading all 50+ pages, does anyone else feel that the Circuit De La Sarthe track is not as bumpy as in previous games? :confused:

I've only done a couple of laps with the BMW M6, and the long straight seemed a lot less jittery than before. It could be the settings of the car, the real track has been smoothed out, and PD have modelled that, or PD have taken some of the bumps out as they made it too bumpy before.

Or I have false memory of the previous track in the game. :eek: Which I am not ruling out. :lol:

The French are very good at resurfacing roads. We lived there for five years and they were doing it all the time. I would expect that something like the Hunaudiéres straight leading to Mulsanne corner, the straight leading to Indianapolis, Arnage and on from Arnage until the road kinks right will have been resurfaced quite recently as they are public roads and the authorities would not want cars to crash on public roads due to the surface.

CJ

I only had issues in past games when my suspension wasn't set up properly. I don't know how PD is handling suspension for races with locked out tuning settings but yes, the car handles much easier on this course than it has before. I might also be due to the extra paved shoulder which might have people driving wider than before?

K32
LMP1:
- Porsche 919 Hybrid
- Audi R18 e-tron
- Toyota TS050 Hybrid
- GT-R LM Nismo (a tad op, needs bop revision for Le Mans (maybe 10-20 kg extra)

GTE (AM/PRO):
- Corvette C7 Gr.3
- Vantage V12 GT3 (closest thing to the new AMR GTE version would be making a livery)
- 458 Italia GT3 2013 (also making a livery to imitate the 488 GTE)
- Viper SRT GT3-R
- Porsche 911 RSR
- M6 GT3 M Power Livery (livery to make it appear as the M8 GTE)

And maybe the Mustang Gr.3 (bit of a stretch and it's too op on the straights :() to replace the GT.

An official event by GTP or some other organiser using only these cars would be nice (plus @MINKIHL could do the bop since he knows how to equalise Gr.3 cars already, along with some other fast guys to make the lap times for comparison data ;))

And thus the race will be called the 2.4 Hours of Le Mans!

EDIT: I'm not sure, but maybe the new Gr.3 Supra can also be used (google says it will race this year at Le Mans)

My idea is being made a reality! If anybody's interested go and check @aceboy127 's thread for it here . 👍

VXR
I'm glad I don't closely follow modern Motorsport it makes you feel like that about computer game cars!
Hahaha, talk about an idiot, no, no, not you, i'm the idiot :lol:, guess what i just did, I bought back all the cars I sold yesterday and i even bought the Megane Gr.4, because you have a point and @oinksnork have a point:

Some cars may be fantasy cars, but they can still be bloody fun to drive. I suggest not artificially limiting the game by superimposing extra rules on the game.
Also all classes are PD's interpretation of the class that they are based on. So if you think they should only be filled with "the real deal"

and i was thinking about what you guys said for a while and it was a bit empty in my garage with only 1 GT4 car and i kinda missed the other cars as well, even I didn't use them much :embarrassed:, so now i'm back with a great selections of cars:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211259.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211313.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211328.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211343.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211356.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211410.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211420.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211433.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211446.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180531211500.jpg

i'm pretty sure it's something wrong with my head, hopefully I can leave my cars be this time, my great ideas isn't always that great to say the least :embarrassed: :lol:.

Last edited:
I noticed that the BRZ and '96 Lancer Evolution seemingly aren't being used by the AI in the J Sports events in GT League. Come on PD, my Tsukuba races need all the JDM variety they can possibly get.

If you set up a custom race with 10x fuel on de la Sarthe it only gives you enough fuel for one lap and thats running on limited ... I started 20 th on grid and was way behind the AI cars until they ran out of fuel well away from the pits... I then flew past them and refulled before any cars got back:)) oppps PD wheres the bug testers._.

I love that movie!! Mostly for the end fight scene on a rooftop and the slide down but still it's better than most of his generic 80's movies

Saw behind the scenes few years ago and the 360 stunt is actually done with the help of supporting cart wheel located underneath the car and later at the side. Still, most the stunts were real though. If you into cars then watch the previous movie "Thunderbolt". It has lots of JDM goodness, especially Mitsubishi being main sponsor for the film ("Who Am I" is the same though. Surprised when some scenes were depicting Dakar rally along with the appearence of Pajero Evolution...)

Saw behind the scenes few years ago and the 360 stunt is actually done with the help of supporting cart wheel located underneath the car and later at the side. Still, most the stunts were real though. If you into cars then watch the previous movie "Thunderbolt". It has lots of JDM goodness, especially Mitsubishi being main sponsor for the film ("Who Am I" is the same though. Surprised when some scenes were depicting Dakar rally along with the appearence of Pajero Evolution...)
Yep.
I saw Thunderbolt as well. The real Gran Turismo. ;)

Also, in Super Cop, he jumps in the FTO.
Then, in Rush Hour 2, he's driving a base Lancer. Definitely a good relationship with Mitsubishi.

I remember a big boxy truck and a dirt race like scene at the beginning but I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid, so like 15-20 years ago

Yep.
I saw Thunderbolt as well. The real Gran Turismo. ;)

Also, in Super Cop, he jumps in the FTO.
Then, in Rush Hour 2, he's driving a base Lancer. Definitely a good relationship with Mitsubishi.

Surely. He also owned 2 Evo VIII for himself but one were sold for charity as I remember. By the way, there is one Mitsubishi that is truly unique in one of Jackie's movie in my opinion. It is modified open-top Colt named Colt Spider and only appeared in "The Armour Of God" (called "Operation Condor" in some countries).

Oh, guess we should back to topic though 👍 :cheers:

Back