GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Without reading all 50+ pages, does anyone else feel that the Circuit De La Sarthe track is not as bumpy as in previous games? :confused:

That's the very first thing I noticed as well. I played GT4 recently and the difference couldn't be more extreme. In GT4 the road was so bumpy that your "line" on that straight had a noticable effect on your time in that one license test with the Nissan LMP.

You talking about this kind of backfire:

11w5vsx.jpg

:lol:
what is that?

It is just me, or... ? I mean, after this update, it happen many times to remain in a black screen , loading, so I have to restart the game.
It's not happen in the same point every time, sometime when I am going in Lobbies section, sometime when I try to go in Sport... It happen to go on black screen, with that loading circle spinning and I have to restart the game.

It is just me, or... ? I mean, after this update, it happen many times to remain in a black screen , loading, so I have to restart the game.
It's not happen in the same point every time, sometime when I am going in Lobbies section, sometime when I try to go in Sport... It happen to go on black screen, with that loading circle spinning and I have to restart the game.
It's happened to me a few times since buying the game a couple months ago. Also happened in the Livery Editor. Been all good for a while now.

I wonder what the logic is behind spending resources on a car like the fiat. Was that Yamauchi's first car or something?

It does in a way hold up. These are all rerendered cars from previous GT games, so yes they probably planned to have in the game from the beginning, which is why it's free. But when they tell you it takes them 6 months to render one car and they don't outsource their work you kind of understand why it takes so long. So the ones complaining how this should've been in teh game from the beginning do have a point, but if they prefer to wait another two to four years before playing, well that's their thing. I would rather get the game early and have them update it for free as it goes. They're not charging us for an incomplete product so people should consider that before ranting

They never even finished gt6. A bunch of vision cars never happened.

The game was super skimpy at launch, and still is compared to older games.

The 500 is a motoring icon. And a bit of fun. It's well styled, a little bit cute and has an unusual engine. That's lots of boxes ticked for me. But then I'm not usually in the majority when it comes to these things.

Whether it fits the game that GT Sport claimed to be at launch is probably irrelevant by now. They have all these assets lying around from GT6, some of which just need a wee brush up and they're good to go in Sport. I think it's a great use of time.

I wonder what the logic is behind spending resources on a car like the fiat. Was that Yamauchi's first car or something?
Because done right it's a great car to drive, GTS doesn't quite manage that, (AC does), but it's still fun.

They did race them you know.

The 500 is a motoring icon. And a bit of fun. It's well styled, a little bit cute and has an unusual engine. That's lots of boxes ticked for me. But then I'm not usually in the majority when it comes to these things.

Whether it fits the game that GT Sport claimed to be at launch is probably irrelevant by now. They have all these assets lying around from GT6, some of which just need a wee brush up and they're good to go in Sport. I think it's a great use of time.

A car with 16 horsepower is an icon? Is it considering an icon in Italy or something?

Mine has a tendency to roll over with racing tires.

Because done right it's a great car to drive, GTS doesn't quite manage that, (AC does), but it's still fun.

They did race them you know.

People race a lot of cars. 16 horsepower doesn't exactly seem great to drive lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because a car has to have 500 horsepower to be an icon, right? :rolleyes:
No, but in what country is the 16hp fiat 500 an icon?

This is racing game. I just don't understand the reasoning, and the "it's an icon" doesn't hold water.

Just because we are fans of a game doesn't mean why have to like everything.

Europe (so more than one country)

This is racing game. I just don't understand the reasoning, and the "it's an icon" doesn't hold water.
People have raced them, as such I don't see the issue.

Of course not, but you do seem to be getting close to the 'I don;t like it so it shouldn't be in' train of thought.

I can't stand the majority of the VGT cars, doesn't mean I don't think they should be in the game or that I don't get that many do like them.

In what country it is not ? I wouldn't take the responsability to speak for a whole country in either ways :)

I totally get why some people don't like this car, but some may love it too, it's just diversity in the car catalog. The 500 is a famous car from old times, which is embedded in the popular culture, that's why some people call it iconic :)

Anyway, I just noticed on the gt sport website user profile, a new "Sport history" tab, is it new or am I really late ? It shows some info like average qualif position, average final position, etc... which is quite cool ! Stats on the tracks too, etc...

94wePI3.png

Many countries actually. And what does horsepower have to do with a car being an icon?

Oh yes, because racing games only have to have fast cars. Just because you don't want the car in the game, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. And hell, this is Gran Turismo, a series that has featured literal military vehicles.

No-one said you have to like everything.

I'll say that for me, this was a quality update, but I'm disappointed in three of the cars and a deign choice.

The extra Clio bothers me. It's just a year newer, and not even a technically "up to date" model of a car we already had. I don't know how much time was spent getting it to the game (it may have been less than the usual Premium port if they're able to go faster by re-using some/most/all of the asset data of the body), but if it was equivalent to a GT5/6 Premium port (I HOPE it didn't take the full 6 months for a new car), I could list probably 100+ cars PD could've picked from the last game that most if not all the entire player base would have appreciated more.

The BRZ is similar to above, not much more I can say on it, but I feel it's slightly less sinful in my eyes due to somewhat more notable panel differences. I still feel like it was a "waste" of a free car space.

The Megane Trophy is a neat car, but the space it's not filling in GTS is kind of frustrating - un-BoP'd it's far too fast for Gr. 4, but too slow for Gr. 3, and visually it kinda sits the same way. Plus, we already have a Gr. 4 Megane - I was sort of hoping it'd be BoP'd for Gr. 3 to have an alternate Renault model to choose from in that class, but alas. It functions better as a one-make cup car, and it feels really out of place in this game. It's fine in a game like GT6, but in GTS's heavily spec/class focused direction I'm really disappointed to see this particular car come to the game, at least at this point in it's lifecycle. Similar to above, I felt like a missed opportunity in premium porting options.

The Group C cars belong in their own class, end of story. Gr. 2 would have the same amount of cars in it's respective class if it were to happen, so it's not that wild of a idea. The amount of BoP that had to be done to make the cars fit in Gr. 1 is a clear sign that they should be separated, and visually it'd look more era appropriate.

Other than those blemishes, nice update. Surprised Le Mans took this long but it's a welcome addition, especially given most of Gr. 1 was meant to dominate specifically at this track. I think of all the cars I've seen being requested in discussion, almost universally within the community the most common I'd seen since launch had been a few recurring modern (and perhaps obvious and stereotypical) super/hypercars, a few JDM legends both in and out of GT's history, SuperGT, and Group C. I mean yeah, a lot of people are sad the 787B isn't in (yet), but I don't think anyone can say the selection is a "bad" one, as far as Group C cars go. I think this side of the update really shows PD is paying attention or at least is somewhat in tune with what the fans want, and is capable of producing content that appeals to a majority of a very large and diverse community.

The extra Clio bothers me. It's just a year newer, and not even a technically "up to date" model of a car we already had. I don't know how much time was spent getting it to the game (it may have been less than the usual Premium port if they're able to go faster by re-using some/most/all of the asset data of the body), but if it was equivalent to a GT5/6 Premium port (I HOPE it didn't take the full 6 months for a new car), I could list probably 100+ cars PD could've picked from the last game that most if not all the entire player base would have appreciated more.[/QUOTE]
100% agree.

The Megane Trophy is a neat car, but the space it's not filling in GTS is kind of frustrating - un-BoP'd it's far too fast for Gr. 4, but too slow for Gr. 3, and visually it kinda sits the same way. Plus, we already have a Gr. 4 Megane - I was sort of hoping it'd be BoP'd for Gr. 3 to have an alternate Renault model to choose from in that class, but alas. It functions better as a one-make cup car, and it feels really out of place in this game. It's fine in a game like GT6, but in GTS's heavily spec/class focused direction I'm really disappointed to see this particular car come to the game, at least at this point in it's lifecycle. Similar to above, I felt like a missed opportunity in premium porting options.
That's because in reality it is a single make racing series.

Europe (so more than one country)

People have raced them, as such I don't see the issue.

Of course not, but you do seem to be getting close to the 'I don;t like it so it shouldn't be in' train of thought.

I can't stand the majority of the VGT cars, doesn't mean I don't think they should be in the game or that I don't get that many do like them.

I just don't understand why allocate resources to a car like that, there is literally 100's of more iconic cars. I'm not saying take it out of the game.

In what country it is not ? I wouldn't take the responsability to speak for a whole country in either ways :)

I totally get why some people don't like this car, but some may love it too, it's just diversity in the car catalog. The 500 is a famous car from old times, which is embedded in the popular culture, that's why some people call it iconic :)

Anyway, I just noticed on the gt sport website user profile, a new "Sport history" tab, is it new or am I really late ? It shows some info like average qualif position, average final position, etc... which is quite cool ! Stats on the tracks too, etc...

94wePI3.png

Good find, a few interesting things.

There is a column saying 'Star Player Nominations' on the right most side in the Driver Stats tab.

Certainly in Britain it is an icon too. There is also now a modern version that is also hugely popular.

CJ
That and the new mini are an invasion here in Paris :crazy:

Good find, a few interesting things.

There is a column saying 'Star Player Nominations' on the right most side in the Driver Stats tab.
Yes, don't know what this means, I have zero :)
But yeah cool stats, now I know that I like the Viper GT3-R a lot :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The BRZ and Clio were pointless additions. The BRZ moreso than the Clio which at least has a weight difference.

I've already had more use for the BRZ than I've ever had for the 86. Not only do I now feel like driving the car, but I also took some Scapes photos where the WRX and BRZ pose together. For me it brings something the slightly updated Clio doesn't.

Out of 9 cars you will always get a few that seem useless and will get little use.

I'd rather have a modern Fiat 500 rather than an old one... I think the Abarths are fine.

The 86 and its variants I dont care for at all.

I'd rather they put in a Fiat 124 ie. Italian turbo MX5 rather than these fwd things.

Out of 9 cars you will always get a few that seem useless and will get little use.

I'd rather have a modern Fiat 500 rather than an old one... I think the Abarths are fine.

The 86 and its variants I dont care for at all.

I'd rather they put in a Fiat 124 ie. Italian turbo MX5 rather than these fwd things.

What FWD things? The 500 is RWD and the BRZ / 86 is considered as one of the best handling RWD road cars ever.

What FWD things? The 500 is RWD and the BRZ / 86 is considered as one of the best handling RWD road cars ever.

The Clios I mean.

My wife has an 86 and nah on the "best handling road cars ever" thing... they are ok but i dont have high expectations on a $25k coupe.

Back