GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kie gets penalty so system is trash.
Didn’t realise KIE was the standard to which all else is measured.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to Kie, he is a YouTuber so over dramatises everything (I don't blame him it's what earns money on there). From what I've seen of his streams he always blames the other driver so his review will never be the most balanced.

Kie just got penalised 4 seconds for being on the receiving end of a divebomb. So unfortunately the penalty system is still trash and Polyphony Digitroll strikes again.

Did he ragequit as usual?

I don't trust Kaz after this debacle. This was content month. At least he should have been professional and offered an excuse as to why no update this month. I bet he's changed his mind and no more updates. Watch, GT7 arrives this Christmas. Meanwhile, we have to suffer with maybe one or two of the DLC he SAYS are coming(Porsche VGT, Mazda Gr.3, etc.). What a scam artist. Polyphony Digital have really botched this one. I want my money back. Better yet, I want a refund on my PS4! RIGHT. NOW! I'm never buying another Gran Turismo game and I'm not going to play this Gran Turismo "Sport". Good BYE!

Don't let the door knob hit you where the good lord split you...

Well, it has been said since the early days of gts, and it still hasn’t changed.
I play the game since day1 and have gone through every single change, and to sum it up, it still doesn’t work as it should/could/I’d like it to.
It’s still the same stupid get a penalty for slightly touching someone, even if it’s not your fault/intended.
You get penalized for driving clean, while the other Guy who barges/pushes/divebombs past keeps unpenalized.

The System just doesn’t work.Period

It seems like, no matter what PD tries, they either are incompetent which I don’t believe, but more obvious, I think their algorithm/coding isn’t capable of calculating incidents correctly.
Why it isn’t, no idea, I’m no coder.

But I have absolutely no problem with it.
I deal with it and just accept it.

Of course, sometimes it annoys me, normal, but I got used to it over the years.
It’s still a great game if played with the right people.
I personally just preferred the System from the last update.
For me it was the best System, but I adapt to anything. I‘m too old to get mad about a Video Game :lol:
An IA will never be able to decide who's right or wrong on racing accidents 100% of the time, so eventually someone is gonna get blasted by a penalty that they didn't deserve and the show will start again. Saddest thing about it is that PD still has to realize this after 2 and a half years of fiddling with the system, it's just sad at this point.

Last edited:
iRacing has an automated penalty system and looking through the forum, no one seems to have any complaints about it. I guess they've found a good balance for it? Or is it because of how easily unsettled the cars get that people avoid penalty-worthy driving at all costs?

iRacing has an automated penalty system and looking through the forum, no one seems to have any complaints about it. I guess they've found a good balance for it? Or is it because of how easily unsettled the cars get that people avoid penalty-worthy driving at all costs?

iRacing never apportions blame, and the contact penalties are purely Safety Rating based. Time penalties are only for corner cutting.

There's no concept of 'oh why did I get incident points for that' because the system is made very clear and it is known all parties in an incident receive the same amount of incident points no matter what.

iRacing shouldn't be compared with GTS. The playerbase is totally different. All of them take it seriously considering the monthly money they are ready to pay.
They want to race clean and proper and are ready to pay accordingly.

A system which works there doesn't mean it will work in here.

Not the first time we didn't get any new stuff in the scheduled monthly update. Looks like PD is keeping things reserved for the Sydney World Tour.

iRacing never apportions blame, and the contact penalties are purely Safety Rating based. Time penalties are only for corner cutting.

There's no concept of 'oh why did I get incident points for that' because the system is made very clear and it is known all parties in an incident receive the same amount of incident points no matter what.

So what happens in the event that a player gets punted into the gravel during the race by a highly aggressive driver? The offending driver's safety rating takes a hit and that's it?

Kie gets penalty so system is trash.
Didn’t realise KIE was the standard to which all else is measured.
At no point did he say Kie was the "standard to which all else is measured".. The baseline is that he's a player who was unfairly penalized... Which means that could happen to anyone..

There's nothing wrong with not liking the guy, just don't be irrational about it..

So what happens in the event that a player gets punted into the gravel during the race by a highly aggressive driver? The offending driver's safety rating takes a hit and that's it?

Both get a safety rating hit, and both would also very likely receive heavy damage, potentially ending their races. The races they pay a subscription and content prices for. As I said, the game never apportions blame.

As always, the update thread is a great read. Whenever we do get content next, I think that will say a lot about where PD is going with GT Sport with the GT7 rumors making their rounds.

As someone who wants more tracks & race cars, I'm not really bothered by this update. Most of these updates end up being a blur anyway. Last January we got Special Stage route X, I'd be much more annoyed if we got something like that again.

I'm also surprised at all the salt Kie is getting. He's literally testing the penalty system, but people just want to put the focus on him as the problem:lol:

Now only if they could do something about this stupid ass pit glitch on lobby or the ability to sell a gift car for any amount of currency rather than deleting the "gift"

Reactions: Qyn
Both get a safety rating hit, and both would also very likely receive heavy damage, potentially ending their races. The races they pay a subscription and content prices for. As I said, the game never apportions blame.

Also, I don't play iRacing, but my understanding is that they have a report function that the victim could use that would result in an actual human reviewing the incident for further action. That's another luxury that comes with the subscription model.

Also, I don't play iRacing, but my understanding is that they have a report function that the victim could use that would result in an actual human reviewing the incident for further action. That's another luxury that comes with the subscription model.

Still I don't think having a person or two to moderate reports in GT Sport is something financially impossible. This would improve games' reputation and attract more gamers, which will result in more copies sold and hence more money received for PD/Sony.

Well, if it’s only a bug fix, I think Polyphony should state a public apology for not delivering the usual content and stuff...

I think you need to get your head checked and reevaluate your warped reality and sense of entitlement.

Well, just online fixes? not my thing, i never play GT Sport online.
Unnecessary update for me...next.

Unnecessary update for you? What do you want PD to do, whitelist your MAC number from your PS4 so that certain future updates that don't relate to you are not sent to you?

Still I don't think having a person or two to moderate reports in GT Sport is something financially impossible. This would improve games' reputation and attract more gamers, which will result in more copies sold and hence more money received for PD/Sony.

GT Sport has around 100k people playing Sport Mode every week. There are around 200 Daily Race time slots per day per region. Then there are FIA races on top of that. Can you imagine how many reports that would generate? You'd need significantly more than one or two people to filter through and review all of those.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want this to happen, but it would be much more of a significant financial investment than you think.

So they put their car and race on the line with such reckless behavior. Got it. I have to wonder if enabling heavy damage in Sport Mode would at least make players think twice about being careless and aggressive, but something tells me that won't be a proper solution since the victim won't really have any recourse with their race already being binned. Trolls will do as they please since they only exist to ruin playing experiences, so a damaged car will hardly mean anything to them.

So they put their car and race on the line with such reckless behavior. Got it. I have to wonder if enabling heavy damage in Sport Mode would at least make players think twice about being careless and aggressive, but something tells me that won't be a proper solution since the victim won't really have any recourse with their race already being binned. Trolls will do as they please since they only exist to ruin playing experiences, so a damaged car will hardly mean anything to them.

I've only been playing Sports mode for a few months but I think I heard that damage was turned on for a while. And there was such an outcry that they turned it off. Personally, I think it should be turned on for FIA races, at least.

GT Sport has around 100k people playing Sport Mode every week. There are around 200 Daily Race time slots per day per region. Then there are FIA races on top of that. Can you imagine how many reports that would generate? You'd need significantly more than one or two people to filter through and review all of those.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want this to happen, but it would be much more of a significant financial investment than you think.
If the report function triggered an email, that inbox easily has a million emails by now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back