GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think the penalty system is constrained largely by the poo cpu in our ps4s.

Any grunt work the machine needs to do for the penalty system would be in the cpu I’d imagine. And it’s a potato.

So we need to temper our expectations of what this game and console can give us IMHO.

I’m hoping next gen with its beefier cpu will sort this out.

I honestly think the penalty system is constrained largely by the poo cpu in our ps4s.

Any grunt work the machine needs to do for the penalty system would be in the cpu I’d imagine. And it’s a potato.

So we need to temper our expectations of what this game and console can give us IMHO.

I’m hoping next gen with its beefier cpu will sort this out.

Plenty could be done with the needed resources and strategies.

Agressive ghosting with speed drops that reduced accidents on track.

Required qualifying for races with minimum lap times for entrance to the race.

Qualifying laps and fastest laps used for braking points vs dive bomb assessments.

Same goes for driving lines.

Community powered voting systems after races, "how am I driving" voting post race. With every "down" requiring a up vote for another driver.

Required driving school before racing with more challenging requirements as you go up in DR and SR.

Qualifying laps and fastest laps used for braking points vs dive bomb assessments.

Community powered voting systems after races, "how am I driving" voting post race. With every "down" requiring a up vote for another driver.

Required driving school before racing with more challenging requirements as you go up in DR and SR.
Aggressive ghosting is the only way to fix these incidents out on the track because it is a game, and it is not real life racing.

Had 5 Daily races today between Race A and B......And........

Penalty system still isn't working in a fair way to say the least, and I saw this sort of thing 3 or 4 times in the races I took part in.....It only penalises you if you cut the inside of a corner, or if you T bone someone side on with the front of your car.....And even then it's no dead cert that a penalty will be given....

May GT Wreckfest continue! :dopey: :confused: :lol:

I couldn't agree more, well said. I'd add some form of damage model where the aggressor, based on certain criteria of course, suffers damage that would demand a pitstop for repair. I'd been looking forward to some decent racing yesterday after the update, but no such luck; dailies A & C were more like playing Wreckfest :banghead:

Nah, too complex. I would just make everyone watch two 3 minute videos about racing and sportmanship. That should take care of it. :lol:

Driving a race in a J-League I have noticed one ‘bug’: all the other cars has funny race numbers, some exaples: the Skyline R32 has the 32, the Subaru Impreza 22b has the 22, the Nissan 300 zx has the 300, two cars has the same one: the 33 (the Skyline Godzilla and the nissan z33). I also hope PD will fix the roulette, I am more than one week winning almost the same cars, seems like gr 3 and 4 cars has 75% of winning chances.

Kinda funny that two updates this month were dedicated to fixing the penalty system, yet it's still not fixed :lol:.

Looking forward to seeing what hatchback we get next month.

Nah, too complex. I would just make everyone watch two 3 minute videos about racing and sportmanship. That should take care of it. :lol:

I would say that having damage on in some capacity would help a lot. Even light damage would help, especially since it wouldn't be a complete show-stopper if you took damage.

Wouldn't it just be determined day of? Or is there some mechanic baked into your account from the start that maps out all of the cars you will ever receive through the wheel?

Genuinely curious
The latter.

GT5's Used Car Dealership worked the same way. It created a seed value - not sure how exactly but my guess is that it was a combination of an identifier of your PS3 console and your user ID* - and then used that value as a start point on a massive, 2.147-billion-day long list of UCD combinations. Every time you advanced a day, you simply advanced to the next set of six cars.

For GTS it seems to be exactly the same with a seed value - again probably based on a combination of an identifier of your PS4 console and your user ID** - and that puts you at the start point on a massive, 2.147-billion-day long list of prize cars... although it seems to be a list of CarIDs (to account for the addition of cars) which will roll over to the next valid value which returns a vehicle if there is no car with that CarID.

Actually, I should ask Kazunori about it, just to fill in the blanks.

*This was evidenced by the fact that two users on the same PS3 did not have the same UCD for any given day, and you could move your game save to a different PS3 and have a different UCD for the same day.
**Again, two users on the same PS4 do not get the same DWG cars at the same time, but if you delete your save and start again you get the same DWG cars each time. Move to a new console and you get different ones.

The latter.

GT5's Used Car Dealership worked the same way. It created a seed value - not sure how exactly but my guess is that it was a combination of an identifier of your PS3 console and your user ID* - and then used that value as a start point on a massive, 2.147-billion-day long list of UCD combinations. Every time you advanced a day, you simply advanced to the next set of six cars.

For GTS it seems to be exactly the same with a seed value - again probably based on a combination of an identifier of your PS4 console and your user ID** - and that puts you at the start point on a massive, 2.147-billion-day long list of prize cars... although it seems to be a list of CarIDs (to account for the addition of cars) which will roll over to the next valid value which returns a vehicle if there is no car with that CarID.

*This was evidenced by the fact that two users on the same PS3 did not have the same UCD for any given day, and you could move your game save to a different PS3 and have a different UCD for the same day.
**Again, two users on the same PS4 do not get the same DWG cars at the same time, but if you delete your save and start again you get the same DWG cars each time. Move to a new console and you get different ones.
That's actually a pretty brilliant way of handling it instead of needing to worry about all of the complexities of an on-the-fly generator for the gift cars.

Also really good of them to ensure we will be covered for gift cars from now until the heat death of the sun.

I would say that having damage on in some capacity would help a lot. Even light damage would help, especially since it wouldn't be a complete show-stopper if you took damage.
PD have been using damage in FIAs this Exhibition season. It hasn't really changed behavior. I've noticed the worse sportsmanship in FIAs!

The latter.

They seemed to enjoy to programme in for us to win a lot of Group B Rally Cars for some reason.....I'm fed up of winning 4WD Mustangs! :dopey: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what hatchback we get next month.
mazda3-tcr-race-car.jpg
ea8c7a71cf1128f1d3a2d044734bc24e.jpg
2018-Hyundai-i30-N-Performance-front-three-quarter-in-motion-05.jpg
205271.jpg

Sign me up. I personally think that Mini looks cool don't attack me lol

That's actually a pretty brilliant way of handling it instead of needing to worry about all of the complexities of an on-the-fly generator for the gift cars.

Also really good of them to ensure we will be covered for gift cars from now until the heat death of the sun.
Yeah, after 39(I might go for 50 before the new GT comes out) new game starts, I've gotten the same dark grey Megane R.S. for my "New Car". My alt account(restarted only 3 times), gets a white Evo).

View attachment 886312 View attachment 886313 View attachment 886314 View attachment 886315
Sign me up. I personally think that Mini looks cool don't attack me lol
Mazda: PD would never add a modern race car at this point, apart from the ones already announced.

Honda: That has Gr.X written all over it.

Hyundai: Not a bad option, but only if it's the base model.

Mini: Also not a bad option. Although if it's the same as the one I saw on the highway a couple days ago, they have some really goofy looking daytime running lights.

Comparing iRacings penalty system to gt sport is a waste of time,people who go play it already know the kind of game theyre getting into and that doesnt atract rammers usually found on consoles,the monthly sub is also one of the best deterrents against bad behavior.Theres still bad driving but a significant less amount of trolls,its way easier to go troll in gts for 20 min than in iRacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back