GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it when they used to reveal new cars during live event races, but the downside was the impact on racing. Unless it was a one make series, having a grid of road cars including new unknown ones was bad for drivers even if it was exciting for us watching the race.

Maybe with the new VGT Lambo they will do what they did with the Jaguar VGT and do some races in it at a live event, or maybe not given how the second one went...

Quite honestly, I wish they gave these VGT cars a rest. I'm not in the least bit interested in some fictitious 'future' cars that may or may not have any bearing on real life.
It's just a way of increasing the overall car count. Like Infiniti and Chapparal. Take the VGTs out of the equation and you got nothing from those two brands. Same with Fittipaldi. Many others have just one real life model too.
Seems like such a waste of resources...

Quite honestly, I wish they gave these VGT cars a rest. I'm not in the least bit interested in some fictitious 'future' cars that may or may not have any bearing on real life.
It's just a way of increasing the overall car count. Like Infiniti and Chapparal. Take the VGTs out of the equation and you got nothing from those two brands. Same with Fittipaldi. Many others have just one real life model too.
Thats fair but lets take the Ford GT90 as an example its not real yet its loved by many shoulden't appear in another game game because of that? . Plus Gran Turismo has a big history of fictional cars since the first game.

I think one of the problems they have is that most of them don't have actual interiors.

Thats fair but lets take the Ford GT90 as an example its not real yet its loved by many shoulden't appear in another game game because of that? . Plus Gran Turismo has a big history of fictional cars since the first game.

There is an massive difference between a one off concept car that was immiediately shuffled off into the constructor's museum after doing the auto show circuit, or into a private collection, that has a fully working engine and transmission, and a full interior, and vehicles that, for most of the program's life, only exist within the game and if there is a model, is pretty much a non-running model with no interior.

Come on.

Also, the Ford GT90 is very much real. It definitely was a real, running concept that signified Ford's New Edge design philosophy of the late 90's and early 2000's. So yeah, using it to make the vast majority of VGT's look better isn't that great.

There is an massive difference between a one off concept car that was immiediately shuffled off into the constructor's museum after doing the auto show circuit, or into a private collection, that has a fully working engine and transmission, and a full interior, and vehicles that, for most of the program's life, only exist within the game and if there is a model, is pretty much a non-running model with no interior.

Come on.

Also, the Ford GT90 is very much real. It definitely was a real, running concept that signified Ford's New Edge design philosophy of the late 90's and early 2000's. So yeah, using it to make the vast majority of VGT's look better isn't that great.

True but quite a faw VGT's are running concepts as well but they get hate for no resson at all .

a single difference from the Fittipaldi VGT to the rest of these cars "VGT" in Gt Sport, which is the owner Emerson fittipaldi confirmed a "limited lot" that does NOT exceed 39 units from his factory.
what makes the car real to take to the streets!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fittipaldi_EF7

Pretty Sure the Audi E-Tron VGT is also an actual running car, it even did demo laps at several formula E events.
Correct as far as i know the
Audi
Bugatti
Mercedes
Fittipaldi
VW VGT's are funcional and some of the others could be functional easily.

To an extent. And to a lesser extent than the Bugatti Vision GT, which has now sold to two different private owners.
Can confirm! Got to see the real thing two years ago!
3A07C379-A79D-45B0-ADDB-53060999FBB5.jpeg

Last edited:

Come on.

Much rather drive something that actually runs, as opposed to a body shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back