GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
An IA will never be able to decide who's right or wrong on racing accidents 100% of the time, so eventually someone is gonna get blasted by a penalty that they didn't deserve and the show will start again. Saddest thing about it is that PD still has to realize this after 2 and a half years of fiddling with the system, it's just sad at this point.

I think Polyphony are aware that a perfect system is impossible. But I think they want to make it where it’s solid. And they have yet to achieve that.

Looks like monthly new cars update is going to end. It's been 2 years by the way.
Probably not. Some stuffs like Lamborghini VGT and Porsche stuff, if I remember, are promised to come to GTSport at sometime of early half of 2020.

Likely the reason January has been blank is that the PD staff are just come back from holiday (dont forget that last Saturday is lunar new year) and there some stuff not ready to be completed until next month.

Well, my confidence for a content update in my review sure looks silly now :lol:

Oh well, no big deal. I just now have enough time to make more bank off the GT League as I have been doing the past week, which currently sits at around 14,000,000 credits with just the Endurance portion left.

Wouldn't be surprised to see our first bit of content AT the World Tour Event as previously demonstrated before.

They skip one month (in a while) and this is the end. Lol

We are on Defcon 4 everyone, the time has come :lol:

I am aware that there weren't many things pointing to a content update, but it doesn't change my surprise over the fact January didn't bring one. Mostly because it has been a long time since PD didn't add at least four cars per month, and also because it has been one and a half month since the previous content update. I hope this doesn't indicate that GT Sport is gearing down its pace for 2020, but perhaps somewhat understandable if it does. Fingers crossed PD simply skipped January for convenient reasons.

GT Sport has around 100k people playing Sport Mode every week. There are around 200 Daily Race time slots per day per region. Then there are FIA races on top of that. Can you imagine how many reports that would generate? You'd need significantly more than one or two people to filter through and review all of those.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want this to happen, but it would be much more of a significant financial investment than you think.

Thought about it as well. Limiting the number of reports per player per 24h can solve this.
The way I see this - if a player is reported and PD person confirms a strong violation, person looses one letter of SR rating and cannot improve it for 3 days or for a fixed amount of races.
Having a working reporting system will also decrease the necessity to fine-tune penalty system as all unfair players will be reported and sorted out according to their behaviour.

I understand that thinking such a system through and implementing it is not an easy task, and I'm sure each of us can think up a couple of flows to such method, myself included. All I'm saying is that each problem can be solved if there is a person or a group of people who wants it to be solved.

Nothing can be perfect, but everything can be improved - that's literally the story of game development and of human race as a whole.

Thought about it as well. Limiting the number of reports per player per 24h can solve this.
The way I see this - if a player is reported and PD person confirms a strong violation, person looses one letter of SR rating and cannot improve it for 3 days or for a fixed amount of races.
Having a working reporting system will also decrease the necessity to fine-tune penalty system as all unfair players will be reported and sorted out according to their behaviour.

I understand that thinking such a system through and implementing it is not an easy task, and I'm sure each of us can think up a couple of flows to such method, myself included. All I'm saying is that each problem can be solved if there is a person or a group of people who wants it to be solved.

Nothing can be perfect, but everything can be improved - that's literally the story of game development and of human race as a whole.

I 100% agree with your sentiment. It's clear at the moment that the report function doesn't do anything. As a starting point, and without having to employ anyone, I'd like to see an algorithm put in that if a player gets x number of reports against them they are at the very least never put in the same lobby as the people who have reported them. At a certain threshold of reports they could start deducting SR as you suggested. All automated and no extra staff needed.

Where there's a will there's a way 👍

Yes it has.

Other than May 2019. And February 2019. And October 2018. And June 2018. But this fifth missed month in 25 is definitely the portent of doom.
Even more when there 4 more confirmed cars coming to the game this year:

-Lamborghini VGT
- Mazda RX vision GT3
- Porsche 917 Living legend
- Porsxhe VGT

The end is nigh!!!

quoting update notice: "Fixed an Issue wherein collisions between cars were not incurring a penalty, even for incidents where they should have."

Not sure If meme:
should have incurred a penalty, or should have collided.

I can't wait for the PS5 launch, so that the three.half years launch to GT7 can finally commence!
/not s

Yes it has.

Other than May 2019. And February 2019. And October 2018. And June 2018. But this fifth missed month in 25 is definitely the portent of doom.
This is hilarious in its satire, but I want to counter two of the dates you listed. While February 2019 didn’t receive an update, we got 2 content updates the following month to make up for it. Plus February is a short month. And May 2019 still brought new content in the form of Goodwood. So when you consider that we basically got something every month last year, the fact that we’re likely going to be 10 weeks between updates is, for some, perhaps a slight cause for concern in the sense of the end of GT Sport.

Not that it’s a 100% correct reading, but trying to understand where some of these concerns are coming from, that’s what I’ve come up.

So what happens in the event that a player gets punted into the gravel during the race by a highly aggressive driver? The offending driver's safety rating takes a hit and that's it?

Nim Cross sends someone to the shadow realm...

Yes it has.

#GranTurismoIsOverParty #GTSportIsCancelled

Got 4 seconds penalty because of other car hitting me after returning on track. He didn't get any penalty of course
Now my SR is B.
Nice update!

Got 4 seconds penalty because of other car hitting me after returning on track. He didn't get any penalty of course
Now my SR is B.
Nice update!
That's "normal rules" ;
you should look in the mirror and wait when other cars pass before you return on the track
;)

Other car kicked me a bit in the back when returning on track. It didn't even slow me. And I did my best to avoid other cars, there was enough space for them to return on a track safely.

But still it's much better then yesterday, just need to return S sportsmanship rating to not be in chaos

Did you save the video?
Yes, I did. Can I send it to developers or?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unnecessary update for you? What do you want PD to do, whitelist your MAC number from your PS4 so that certain future updates that don't relate to you are not sent to you?
For me mate, not for you, to much problem about nothing, take it easy.

I have very little problems with any penalty system rule changes lately. Raced Dragon Trail a couple of weeks ago with no qualifying time on the alt account because that chicane is a great place to run into penalty and or get caught in the bottle neck and feared the worse with a missing penalty system. For the most part with the exception of having to dodge in turn 1 or at the bottom of the hill, I didn't see any big issues. Brands Hatch when starting mid-field I found the run up the hill on the straight to be a bit more gnarly than normal as people definitely did shove more, and I definitely did get punted a few times. I view the course as the real challenge at Brands Hatch and just try and be consistent and let the grass give me passing opportunities more than take undercuts. Both B races when starting from the top 5, I found it for the most part to be a normal race, but like starting from the midfield in B/S races under the top 5 was pretty rough racing also normal.

KAZ PERSONALLY OWES ME AN E36 M3 GAME UPDATE, IF HE DOESN'T GIVE IT TO ME FOR FREE, WHEN I WANT IT, IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS KILLING MY FIRST BORN CHILD!

.. or some such other entitled statement.

Don't forgot to "boycott" PD and anything they make, then proceed to write an entire paragraph of PD being soulless and greedy scumbags before claiming you'll "leave" to a much better game...

Then comeback a month later just to repeat the same thing in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back