GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the penalty system is not changed. The current system has created the best racing I've seen on GTS, people aren't scared to race but it is mostly very respectful.

Have to agree with others that have said the new system isn't a step forward. Literally everyone gets blue SR after every single race now, even after punting multiple people off in a race and cutting corners, the B rated and lower lobbies are a mess usually.

The new system is terrible, its given SR: S rating to real dirty drivers who purposely punt people off, literally everyone is SR: S now. The odd unfair penalties were annoying before, but this is worse.

Just last night I was racing at Nurburgring GP, i started 16th as never raced the track before and coming up to the chicane on the final lap, lap 4 I was 6th, I was so pleased to have made up so many places and eventhough there were cars all over the grass and sand throughout the race I had managed to avoid any trouble. A guy punts me straight off at the final chicane on the final lap and 5 cars overtake me, I ended up finishing 11th, and he got no penalty and blue SR!

It might be different in the low DR lobbies but the racing definitely feels better in A/A+.
I had a terrible daily race in a lobby that seemed to span around 32-40k. Got blatantly shoved into the wall at the CoD on the last lap, which dropped me from 5th to 13th, something like that. I looked up the player's stats and he would hardly ever have been in the 90+ lobby before the last update. I looked at the replay and his driving was just pure filth from start to finish. I haven't raced since, and won't do till we have something to stop people like that from blatantly ramming everyone and put them back where they belong in the low SR lobbies.

I really hope the penalty system is not changed. The current system has created the best racing I've seen on GTS, people aren't scared to race but it is mostly very respectful.

Really? The D/S daily races are a joke. I could have sworn this was supposed to be a “simulator” and not an “arcade game”.

The Laguna Daily is two laps of bumper cars which then settles down reasonably well. That said, every passing manoeuvre usually illicits some butthurt response.

I may not be “scared to race”. I just don’t want to.

All I want is some sort of penalty system implemented. Something that wasn't the last one that they abruptly had to pull of the shelves, I mean.

After every update notice the forum is busy with conjecture about the likely content of the update, and whether or not it will just provide bug fixes.
Would it really be too much trouble for the notice to be amended to include a line clarifying the point?
If a single line like "This update will not include any new game content" (or preferably "This update will add new game content"!) was added, it would avoid disappointment for many people.
On the other hand, it would also take away the pleasant surprises... ;)

Boy, some of you just love to **** all over my optimism.
Most of that "optimism" shortly becomes anger if it's not fulfilled.

I know this because I've been here for long so I could pretty much see a predictable pattern.

My guess is that this update will feature a patch to address the daily roulette bug that certain players have been experiencing since last month. I'm not getting my hopes up on new content just yet, but as usual, I'd love to be wrong.

It might be possible that cars have not yet appeared in the Australasia stores because PD and Playstation have agreed to withhold spoilers before the update and PR materials are published. It’s easy to imagine that PD doesn’t like it when the PS Store steals their thunder, and that a special arrangement has been put in place to stop that.

Maybe a clutch at straws, but all the pessimism here could use some counterweight...

It might be possible that cars have not yet appeared in the Australasia stores because PD and Playstation have agreed to withhold spoilers before the update and PR materials are published. It’s easy to imagine that PD doesn’t like it when the PS Store steals their thunder, and that a special arrangement has been put in place to stop that.

Maybe a clutch at straws, but all the pessimism here could use some counterweight...
I think that’s a very plausible theory indeed. The fact that usually, the New Zealand store gets the stuff leaked would mean that Polyphony would want to release the cars of the update when the update is live.

Also, don’t forget that we got a content update by surprise during August of 2018. It could happen again somehow.

If it's not a new penalty system I hope they at least revert back to pre 1.53(before they updated then removed system) The penalty system wasnt perfect at this time but functional and at least caught 99% of the blatant incidents.

Sure you got the occasional stupid penalty but I'd rather have that than see blatant punts and murders go unpunished 99% of the time.
This was their whole plan all along. Make it worse, then remove it, then bring back the original once people realize what they were missing. Muhahah

In some ways, yes. In other ways not so much.

Because of the lack of SR downs everyone is at max SR which has really mixed up the lobbies. So while I would agree with you that there’s been some really good racing, I would say that is coming from all the drivers that were previously already 99 SR and know what they are doing. But now those drivers get mixed in with people that have the Himilayas as an SR history graph and those drivers love to see the lack of penalties.

Like you said though, it’s probably less apparent as you move up the DR ranks. In my A ranked lobbies I’ve had some really good races with the occasional driver abusing the system. On my alt in B ranked lobbies though it’s been quite a bit worse.

Last edited:
After every update notice the forum is busy with conjecture about the likely content of the update, and whether or not it will just provide bug fixes.
Would it really be too much trouble for the notice to be amended to include a line clarifying the point?
If a single line like "This update will not include any new game content" (or preferably "This update will add new game content"!) was added, it would avoid disappointment for many people.
On the other hand, it would also take away the pleasant surprises... ;)

And then what we do with out time?

It would be nice to think that Sony could be this organised

This is my expectation, anything more is a bonus.

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
- Fixed an issue where contact between two cars would not result in a penalty being given.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

about tomorrow’s update, we can have the following possibilities:
1- as the car silhouettes were not revealed on twitter, there may be a "leak" of images somewhere else.
2- bug fixes, perhaps, even those that include or not the sport mode. (arcade mode?)

Don't forget that Mazda's 100th anniversary is now on January 30, so maybe PD has prepared something special for us? The RX-8 and the Cosmo Sport are strong guesses for this time (of course if it's in fact a content update).
I would love the R360 to race against the Fiat 500. :D

img_002_r360.png

wait a minute weren't we promised formula E a while back.........yeah right
Promised? No. Kazunori did say he had already spoken to the people at Formula E and was certain it would come to the game, but I don't recall a promise.
You'll see. You'll all see hehe
GTPlanet is coming up on 20 years old soon. I wasn't actually here in the beginning, but I have been around through... several of the game launches. Back then you could almost set your clock by someone rolling up on the forums and claiming that they knew Kaz Yamaguchi or someone at Polyphonic, and they'd told them, or their mate, that this track or that car was going to be in the game. Of course every time it was just bollocks made up by someone craving attention, and they'd twist and turn when asked for any kind of proof whatsoever, then fall back on the old "you'll see when the game comes out" - and we did, and we saw that it was bollocks.

Of course, you know who does actually know Yamauchi and a bundle of people at Polyphony Digital these days? Us.

Still, even a stopped clock is wrong twice a day - even our favorite relentless self-promoting clickbait beard enthusiast managed to guess 13 cars correctly in his list of 20 future DLC cars which was actually a list of 26... although they came over a period of 21 months (and 125 cars).

Go slap your bird, he's making **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back