GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kaz said FE is coming to Gran Turismo he didn't said when or on which game.

Why ? We already have the 2016 SS which is pretty similar.

*Coughs* Toyota 86/Renault Clio duplicates of similar cars come to mind here, Camaro would be n

Promised? No. Kazunori did say he had already spoken to the people at Formula E and was certain it would come to the game, but I don't recall a promise.

GTPlanet is coming up on 20 years old soon. I wasn't actually here in the beginning, but I have been around through... several of the game launches. Back then you could almost set your clock by someone rolling up on the forums and claiming that they knew Kaz Yamaguchi or someone at Polyphonic, and they'd told them, or their mate, that this track or that car was going to be in the game. Of course every time it was just bollocks made up by someone craving attention, and they'd twist and turn when asked for any kind of proof whatsoever, then fall back on the old "you'll see when the game comes out" - and we did, and we saw that it was bollocks.

Of course, you know who does actually know Yamauchi and a bundle of people at Polyphony Digital these days? Us.

Still, even a stopped clock is wrong twice a day - even our favorite relentless self-promoting clickbait beard enthusiast managed to guess 13 cars correctly in his list of 20 future DLC cars which was actually a list of 26... although they came over a period of 21 months (and 125 cars).

Go slap your bird, he's making **** up.

I know a guy that once referred to my favorite author, Yukio Mishima, as Yu-Gi-Oh Negima. Now you've got me wondering if we know the same person.

Promised? No. Kazunori did say he had already spoken to the people at Formula E and was certain it would come to the game, but I don't recall a promise.

GTPlanet is coming up on 20 years old soon. I wasn't actually here in the beginning, but I have been around through... several of the game launches. Back then you could almost set your clock by someone rolling up on the forums and claiming that they knew Kaz Yamaguchi or someone at Polyphonic, and they'd told them, or their mate, that this track or that car was going to be in the game. Of course every time it was just bollocks made up by someone craving attention, and they'd twist and turn when asked for any kind of proof whatsoever, then fall back on the old "you'll see when the game comes out" - and we did, and we saw that it was bollocks.

Of course, you know who does actually know Yamauchi and a bundle of people at Polyphony Digital these days? Us.

Still, even a stopped clock is wrong twice a day - even our favorite relentless self-promoting clickbait beard enthusiast managed to guess 13 cars correctly in his list of 20 future DLC cars which was actually a list of 26... although they came over a period of 21 months (and 125 cars).

Go slap your bird, he's making **** up.

Surely you mean even a stopped clock is RIGHT twice a day :lol:

Responding to the Camaro, that's like saying we don't need the 2006 Viper because we have the 2013.
the Viper´s are another level, the Camaro i don´t know, preferably if they add the other Corvette´s generation..

Yes. I'm a big supporter of cars being featured across multiple generations, as noticing the subtle differences between them is one of the best ways to appreciate finer nuances in the simulation.
Me too trust me however now its not the right time for such additions.

*Coughs* Toyota 86/Renault Clio duplicates of similar cars come to mind here, Camaro would be n
Trust me if i was Kaz this cars woulden't be in the game i want that camaro too but not now .

A news I saw on a website may increase rumors (Download Tomorrow!)

[scam/phishing site images removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Those "patch notes" don't sound professional enough. Not typical of what we usually see.

these are "rumors", it may involve one or more things to correct.
They're no more true than the last time you posted that same site using the past tense for an update that didn't exist at that point in time.

Oh, and I'd get a decent antivirus if I were you. That's a known scam/phishing site.

I know,
wrote in a wrong topic (not this one, of course.)

I would need clues or more clues to find out what’s out there.

Even if it’s just a penalty system update and bug fix I’d be fine. Been playing GTS since launch and this is the only time where I stopped playing for a long period of time because of the penalty system.

Its been a pretty long time since we got new cars, i hope their is some new content, but as so soon to the update we are in now i doubt It.

Can't wait to see what the new update holds. Holding reservations since there is no silhouette from Kaz. Maybe they are all high rollers? :D:D:D

No actually the 2006 Viper we have in the game is quite different from the 2013 model.
You're treating it like adding this is like adding a R34 Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur when we have the V-Spec II Nur. It's not quite like that. They're from 2 different generations, use a different platform (the 2010 uses the zeta platform versus the 2016 using the alpha platform), have different handling characteristics, different transmission options, and different power-to-weight ratios. Not to mention that the 5th Gen Camaro is an overall better looking car.

Bug fixes for now & nothing more. Maybe a new course in February & a couple of new cars.

I'd like to see COTA & Caterham 7 but I'm not holding my breath.

map_menupage.jpg

car_97_28880_54ec72cbd0971.jpg

This is my expectation, anything more is a bonus.

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
- Fixed an issue where contact between two cars would not result in a penalty being given.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

-Fixed an issue where there was a clear bias towards Japanese cars and tracks.

You know that you're posting made-up nonsense from a scam website? Interesting play.
you confused things, it’s not because I posted that you mean it is true.
if the q i posted is not true, you have to look for the author of the site - update crazy, not me.
you quoted my sentence out of the rest of the comment, so it's easy to jump to conclusions
did you see me confirming something?

Are they going to (partially) revert the Penalty system changes from the last monthly update?

Not only Daily Races, but now even Nations Cup and Manu Series events have turned into destruction derby. People just go full 'tard, divebombing into corners and slamming into everybody like that's how you're supposed to race, not to mention corner cuts not being penalised properly either

And on the subject of penalties, man I just wish PD removed the slowdown zones entirely and replaced those with either stop&go or drive-throughs (which is what WEC do) or keep a tally on all the time from penalties and just add them to the total race time post-finish (which is what FIA do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back