GT Sport's Online Experience is Only Around 15% of Total Game

GTP is under attack for reporting what Kaz said? Seriously?

We need 100% less entitlement, children. Think Kaz is a delusional liar, past his prime, off his game? Find a new interest, spend money somewhere else, spend time somewhere else. Your time and money are valuable (mine are, at least), so leverage them. Nobody is forcing you to buy this or be interested. Why do people feel like this game owes them something?

For me, every time I run on a circuit, show my position online, it's already good ,,, Drive Club shows the times made with the car we run ,,, Was waiting for the GTsport to activate the PSplus, and continued...

We need 100% less entitlement, children. Think Kaz is a delusional liar, past his prime, off his game? Find a new interest, spend money somewhere else, spend time somewhere else. Your time and money are valuable (mine are, at least), so leverage them. Nobody is forcing you to buy this or be interested. Why do people feel like this game owes them something?
It's not entitlement. It is questioning a statement in that report that cannot be established by the FACTS reported. It is NEWS. There is an obligation to report news correctly. Who are you to tell ANYONE ELSE what to do? Get over yourself.

Hi,

I geuss you're refferring to my posts. I allready used the edit function to correct those statements as they where based on MY misunderstanding of how this came to be.

What's entiteled about having an opinion on something? I also posed a lot of those things as questions, as I could, should and have been corrected on this.

I think Kaz is a liar yes that's true. And I know you can defend him all you want it depends on how you define lying. I consider when you make claims made that are unpercise and know to be misinterpreted when you make the claim a lie. You can disagree with that defenition but that's an other discussion.

Does that mean I'm not interested in the funal result? No...
I don't have to like Kaz to descide for myself wheter this game is worth the money they ask. I'm not preordering but since I am interested in online racing this game might just have the content I want regardless of my opinion on Kaz.

So please what entitelement are yoy talking about?

Yamauchi does more harm than good with each public appearance. He cant devide the things that he would like to have in the game from the things that he realy has.

Some of the first page replies..... c'mon guys :rolleyes:

If referring to me. I just reread my post edited the ones not replied to. As I'm less irritated now. And added edits to those replied to allready as I don't want to take their answers oyt of contect.
I admit I might still be direct in some but if you find something that's still just rude to be rude please notify me as that's not my intention.

If referring to me. I just reread my post edited the ones not replied to. As I'm less irritated now. And added edits to those replied to allready as I don't want to take their answers oyt of contect.
I admit I might still be direct in some but if you find something that's still just rude to be rude please notify me as that's not my intention.

Fair enough, but I don't get how reporting what the creator of a game says should cause controversy. They reported what he said. I understand it is a very vane statement (it's marketing talk) and it might upset someone though.

GT lost me when they offered driving on the Moon.

The moon thing wasn't my cup of tea either but at least it was just some fluff on the side and never stood in the way of the main game.

With GT:S I'm still wondering wth the main game is...

I'm not seeing any strange thing because if we split the game in its parts, you see quietly that 15% is a big part of it and not the other way round.
Photo mode, scapes, VR, campaign mode, arcade, livery creator are all things that have nothing to do with the online part of the game.

You do not have to calculate the percentages for playing hours, but refer to the various modes that the game has.
Yes, some people will spend 100% of time in online mode...

Fair enough, but I don't get how reporting what the creator of a game says should cause controversy. They reported what he said. I understand it is a very vane statement (it's marketing talk) and it might upset someone though.

As stated before I was under the impression it was an interview with gtp. This does not seem to be true.
I wasn't really upset about them reporting it. I rather was upset of them reporting it and not asking folluwup questions (something they couldn't do due to not them taking the interview).
So in essence what upset me is the lack of reporting, when a company throws around some marketing blanket statements it is my opinion you should ask followup questions as to reveal what Kaz meant with that statement.

If the interviewer does not try to accomplish this then said reporter is only a tool in a pr-machine. This doesn't mean he is doing this coordinated with that company but I find that behavior of reporting to be lacking of integrety.

To be clear I do NOT accuse gtp of said form of reporting.
As stated above I find most gtp articles to be of good quality. This is why I didn't understand how thing like this could air.

I realized that I won't miss their campaign mode much at all.

What do I gain from obliterating poor AI in campaign races? I pass them all lap 1 and then I'm just galavanting about by myself until the next race. Sure it's an easy way to get familiar with the tracks, but I think PD realized this and is why they implemented the track attack modes.

I for one would rather spend the time I would normally take wasting my time with their AI, actually getting better by racing people online.

Sure the old campaign mode let me earn money to buy cars, but a bunch of $20 mil. cars is a bit too much. Now that I have two young kis, I'm happy to not have to go through all that :lol:

Jerome

What do I gain from obliterating poor AI in campaign races? I pass them all lap 1 and then I'm just galavanting about by myself until the next race. Sure it's an easy way to get familiar with the tracks, but I think PD realized this and is why they implemented the track attack modes.

I for one would rather spend the time I would normally take wasting my time with their AI, actually getting better by racing people online.

Sure the old campaign mode let me earn money to buy cars, but a bunch of $20 mil. cars is a bit too much. Now that I have two young kis, I'm happy to not have to go through all that :lol:

Jerome

At the same time, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Sure, the AI especially in later GT career modes were poor at best, but that's us, who play sim games on the regular and expect more of a fighting opposition. Johnny Consumer who is buying this and plays little sim racing games, but still likes the GT games, probably isn't going to complain as much about it.

But here's the thing: PD probably could have taken the old career mode present within past GT games, reworked it for modern audiences, and solved most of the difficulty problems by making a difficulty slider, or making the AI act more like humans instead of making it slot car racing. Instead, they expect the casual fan to graduate to the gong show that is public lobbies in sim racing after they are done the 'license tests on steroids', as someone called it.

Jerome
Or they could have worked hard on their AI like other devs do to improve it and make the experience better for us gamers.

I understand everyone's concerns about there being a 'traditional' campaign, even if it does not bother me.

My question is - how would you feel if the the custom race creator lets you make a race series? A tool like that would effectively allow you to have near-infinite possibilities of series to set up - endurance, one-make, manufacturer rivals, rain masters, night masters, etc. Would that suffice, or is it the structured, fixed racing series what you prefer?

Or they could have worked hard on their AI like other devs do to improve it and make the experience better for us gamers.

Have you seen any of the recent AI footage? I think AI is no longer a weak spot for GT. I recently saw a video of a competent player racing on intermediate difficulty, and the AI still etched out on top. Each build I see, it seems like the AI continues to get more skilled, even taking alternate racing lines to overtake opponents.

If the races with the AI are starting out single file, with the field stretched out & the lead car 20 seconds ahead, then that’s not racing but chasing, a good AI is going to challenge you from a rolling grid or standing start.

My question is - how would you feel if the the custom race creator lets you make a race series? A tool like that would effectively allow you to have near-infinite possibilities of series to set up - endurance, one-make, manufacturer rivals, rain masters, night masters, etc. Would that suffice, or is it the structured, fixed racing series what you prefer?
I've always much preferred a linear campaign mode over a single instance race creator. If this can have default layouts for a championship type race that spans over multiple races, Than it could work. However, I'd get bored of that fast as there's no sense of accomplishment from it.

I understand everyone's concerns about there being a 'traditional' campaign, even if it does not bother me.

Have you seen any of the recent AI footage? I think AI is no longer a weak spot for GT. I recently saw a video of a competent player racing on intermediate difficulty, and the AI still etched out on top. Each build I see, it seems like the AI continues to get more skilled, even taking alternate racing lines to overtake opponents.

For me at least, being able to create a series would be a bonus - but it doesn't replace a structured career mode where you move through various tiers/types of motorsport. A proper career mode, if it's designed well, gives you seasons upon seasons of gameplay, and also encourages you to try different disciplines. A custom championship mode gives me one season at a time, a career mode gives me a sense of progression and variety. Plus, someone else has already done the work for me - I don't have to spend time setting up the season/championship, it's all there, just waiting for me to dive in and enjoy.

@gregc and @ImaRobot

Gotcha - I'm the other way around. I see my progression as increasing my lap times and building my Sport performance.

Seems like the only way to go is to have both. I do wonder what their main reason is for not having it (not having it as far as we know, anyway)? Is a race series really all that hard to program into a game? Do they think it'll mess up the campaign, arcade, sport structure that they have set up?

Looking forward to more details in the coming weeks.

Gotcha - I'm the other way around. I see my progression as increasing my lap times and building my Sport performance.
I don't really use my time in career mode as a way to better myself, more so just a way I like to play my games. It makes it more interesting to me. However, why would Ai races add to your sport performance? I thought that was all online tracked.

I like the direction GT has taken as my most memorable races have always been online.

In fact, the perfect GT for me would be to scrap the preset campaign races and just allow us to make our own.
We could still have a progressive unlock experience with custom made races providing it forced us to stay within set classes. That way drivers couldn't cheat and run 100 races in an LMP vs a Miata.

Keep the museum, license tests, driving missions, driving etiquette, tone down scapes a bit to focus more resources toward cars and tracks.

Back