GT WorldWide Tour Season 2 || Freddude P1 Champion || Harsk100 P2 Champion || TNR_ is Team ChampionFinished 

What class are you MOST interested in racing in?

• Total voters
I took the liberty of testing out the Ferrari 458 at Silverstone on RH. I have to say, I was quite shocked by the results. Although I wasn't particularly trying to shatter lap records, I ran my fastest lap on Lap 9 which was a 2:04.7. I did not feel the need to pit-in after 11 Laps! That was approximately 23 minutes! Which means really, a driver will be averaging 2-3 pits per Hour long race with tire/fuel consumption on fast.

When I pit-in, I had a quarter tank of gas remaining, which really means I could've ran one more lap.
Tires
Front Left 6
Front Right 7
Rear Left 7
Rear Right 8

I was running very consistent times lap 2-11. (Mid to low 2:05s) I was on my way to a 2:03/2:02 but I skewered off the track on Chapel Curve. and ended up with a 2:06.
I have pictures if anybody doesn't believe me.

I'm going to try the C7 and V12 to see if I get similar results. One thing I watched and took heed of, brake input and how hard you take a turn will determine how fast your tires will deteriorate. Also, when you choose to pit-in is solely your preference. My preference is when my tires get around 4-5, my gas is below quarter of a tank, or my lap times are becoming inconsistent. Having the tire wear on fast is basically like having the time progression set to 10. tires wear out quicker than normal, but still give you plenty of time to race and gain position.

As I said, I'm going to do further testing. Also, with this being said, the pit-in rule may be revised.

POSSIBLE Revision

Pit Area will not open until the the following times have passed during the race
Hour races = 15 Minutes
90 Minute races = 20 Minutes
2 Hour races = 20 Minutes
exception to sustaining damage or race penalties
This Pit window is for TIRE CHANGE ONLY

*IMPORTANT* Drivers who wish to re-fuel must wait until the following times have passed during a race

Hour races = 20 Minutes
90 Minute races = 25 Minutes
2 Hour races = 25 Minutes

This revision is not yet final as it is still under consideration and testing. Will give a final say so by tomorrow.
Quite frankly this sort of stuff makes me want to go and play PCars.

Edit: I don't believe you lasted 11 laps on fast with those tyres still left especially around Silverstone and a quarter of a tank after 23 minutes.

Last edited:
Quite frankly this sort of stuff makes me want to go and play PCars.

Edit: I don't believe you lasted 11 laps on fast with those tyres still left especially around Silverstone and a quarter of a tank after 23 minutes.

I have pictures if you don't believe me. BTW I said they were RH tires. They don't deteriorate as fast as you might think. Also I don't know how hard you push your car when you go around corners.

I have pictures if you don't believe me. BTW I said they were RH tires. They don't deteriorate as fast as you might think.
Where are the pictures?

I find it strange how you only used a quarter of a tank during the 23 minutes. It looks very fabricated in my eyes. I thought this would reignite me getting back into the game but it is doing the opposite.

Where are the pictures?

I find it strange how you only used a quarter of a tank during the 23 minutes. It looks very fabricated in my eyes. I thought this would reignite me getting back into the game but it is doing the opposite.

When did I say that? This is what I said.

When I pit-in, I had a quarter tank of gas remaining, which really means I could've ran one more lap.

I had a 1/4 of fuel remaining, how is that unrealistic?

Oh I thought you only consumed a quarter of a tank. But I would still like to see your pictures to prove your findings.

Snapchat-4685076555202795929.jpg

It's a little blurry as I had to react quick..

I managed a 2.01 so I'm not doing too bad but my vote stays put on normal and I am going to revert to part time driver as it seems like the drivers in my class are.

RH on fast. Tested out last Friday.

Okay. like I said before, driving style comes into play at that point. Either your driving line is way smoother than mine, or you're pushing your car a little more than me. That might be, (In my opinion) why your tires and fuel run out quicker than mine. Then again, I think my tune is different. I don't think I'm using much gas. (I have a semi-racing exhaust) and a few other parts. To me, It really forces a driver to pick a strategy and stick with it.

A driver can come out full swing and have the fastest lap for 8 laps straight. However, depending on how they ran that lap is a whole 'nother story. If they have an extremely smooth and fluid driving line, they will dominate, if they are pushing their car around corners causing their tires to heat up quicker, they will see themselves pitting in before everyone else; thus, causing them to push even harder to pick up slack that they lost.

I'm trying evoke people's strategy use in this series. If you have a half tank of gas after 30 minutes and still have most of the grip in your tires, where's the strategy in that if the race is already halfway over? It's more than just speed in this series. You have to do some planning. It's just a simplified version.

Last edited:
Of course! The start time isn't an issue for you is it? I know it'll be @ 9:00 A.M. where you're at. :nervous:
I was actually thinking it was 6am for me... Lol. It's not an issue either way as Monday for me is a day off :).

How many hours behind UTC is EDT? -4?

I was actually thinking it was 6am for me... Lol. It's not an issue either way as Monday for me is a day off :).

How many hours behind UTC is EDT? -4?

yeah -4. but jeez! 6 A.M.?! Don't think I've woken up that early in months!

I took the liberty of testing out the Ferrari 458 at Silverstone on RH. I have to say, I was quite shocked by the results. Although I wasn't particularly trying to shatter lap records, I ran my fastest lap on Lap 9 which was a 2:04.7. I did not feel the need to pit-in after 11 Laps! That was approximately 23 minutes! Which means really, a driver will be averaging 2-3 pits per Hour long race with tire/fuel consumption on fast.

Tires
Front Left 6
Front Right 7
Rear Left 7
Rear Right 8

I was running very consistent times lap 2-11. (Mid to low 2:05s) I was on my way to a 2:03/2:02 but I skewered off the track on Chapel Curve. and ended up with a 2:06.
I have pictures if anybody doesn't believe me.

This is basically the same that I found with the 458 during my tests. I managed to do half the race (14 laps) with a full tank of fuel and the RH tires on fast wear, I can't remember exactly the wear on every tire but the left front (the one with the most wear) was at 4, lap times were around the high 2:04 and low 2:05 consistently, except for the last 2 laps.

In contrast, with normal wear, a full tank of fuel lasts the entire race and you can almost make half the race on the RS tires without much trouble. I haven't tested the RH or RM tires, but I think they might actually lats the entire race.

Hahah, I start work at 5-6am normally, so it's definitely a pleasure to get up at that time for racing on a day off ;).

Is there a practice race today?

Well we have a practice race at 9:00 P.M. EDT Today at Tokyo. (So that's approx. 11 A.M. for you I believe)

Well we have a practice race at 9:00 P.M. EDT Today at Tokyo. (So that's approx. 11 A.M. for you I believe)
Sorry mate, was planning and looking forward to making this but I've had to head out unfortunately. Hopefully I can make some free practice sessions with some of you through the week maybe.

I can share my car a little later on too :). It might also be better if I change my number to #18? That way it's the same on the car :).

Sorry mate, was planning and looking forward to making this but I've had to head out unfortunately. Hopefully I can make some free practice sessions with some of you through the week maybe.

I can share my car a little later on too :). It might also be better if I change my number to #18? That way it's the same on the car :).

Sounds good. We have qualifying tomorrow and Tuesday at 5:00 P.M. EDT (Don't know how that fits into your schedule) but the session lobby will be open for a good while. (Most likely until 10 P.M. or so)

Also, what team do you plan on racing with?

Back